The Corroboree
sharxx101

Meet up: Melbourne

Hehe I was there Obtuse! I'm keen on either or for the dates!

guessing then we are meeting on the 11th of december.

???

will miss you Amazonian. 

Hi All (today = 9 December 2016),

I haven't attended a face-to-face meet in well over a year, I think.  (Am tall, grey-haired, bespectacled, ex-Yank.)  Miss you guys.

Is this thread current?  Are we talking about Sunday 11 December ==2016==?  Is it still in/near that Tecoma Rotunda near the cactus gardens at the Melbourne Botanic Gardens?  Someone please tell/text me ASAP on 0427 024 735.  Ta.

I've got 4 BIG pots of some beautiful-smelling/tasting hops plants I want to give away... 2 female, 1 male, 1 unknown (forgot to label it last summer).  Who wants?  Ring or text me.  We'll arrange a date and time and place.  (You need a big fence for them to climb up.)

I couldn't get there until 4pm-ish (work conflict), so probably not worth me going (sigh).  

Heart is still with you all, even though I never visit here or attend the meets.

Carl Turney

Knoxfield, Vic

• Like 1

Hey Carl,

yes this meet is scheduled for 11th december 2016 at said location.

im afraid while there may be a couple of people who arrive late, 4pm may be challenging.  but its december so lets see.

i would tentatively put my hands up if others dont claim them.  but im heading to tas for a bit

if there's someone gon be there ill try fly past in the arvo, after 12

edit: too much shit i gotta do around the house so i wont be going in, lets shoot for mid feb or something?

Edited by DiscoStu

I'll be there today.  perhaps a little after 1 pm though

edit: running late

Edited by obtuse

omg so many people in the garden today.  and heaps of people in the usual location.

ok ... a no show ... im out.

Edited by obtuse

meet up for a summer hummer then aye? any one reckon in the next four weeks? two weeks? ^6 weeks?

howz sat 28th jan?

• Like 1

Hi gang!  Yep, Saturday the 28th sounds great to me.  Time?  Place?  (As usual) I've been too successful in my garden, and (as in the past) would be bringing half a dozen or more species of viable plants to give away.  Cheers,  Carl (tall, grey-haired, ex-Yank) p.s. Note that EGA is having its AGM the following Saturday (the 4th).  If you're not an active member, it's well worth it.  A great public service.

are any other saturdays ok? i'm rostered to work on sunday but i'm tempted to tell them to get fucked

^^

actually scrap that i realised my roster gives me a 3 day weekend and double time on sunday, 

so yeah ill still come on sat but would prefer another weakened

Have fun guys.

i cant make that date as im still in tas till early feb.

would have been nice to catch up carl.  cheers

Hi All,

Very little response, so far, for something on 28 January.

Something else has just come up on the same date and time for me.

EGA is having its AGM on Saturday the 4th, and during it we could promote something for after then. 

So, how does noon, Saturday 11 Feb 2017, Tecoma Pavilion, Melb Botanic Gardens sound to you all?

Comments?  Pass this suggestion on to "the regulars" you know?  Check following posts for confirmation?

Thanks,

Carl

sounds great to me Carl.

i know There are plenty of lurkers who never post to confirm,  but I agree it would be nice to have feedback before committing to dates.

i will have cactus cuts to trade too :D

Edited by obtuse

I've never been to one of these, but would love to come along and meet some people. :)

adding this one to the diary and hopefully I am well enough on the day. Will bring some trich seedlings with me

V420

• Like 1

ok if there's going to be some people there i'll pencil in the 11th. hopefully some more peeps sign up for attendance 

• Like 1

is the 28th of this month still on? I'm down for that and the 11th.
Or we can just all meet on the 11th

Hi,

Next Melb meet noon, Sat. 11 Feb 2017.

Just to clarify:  I think I was the one who first suggested the 28th (i.e. this coming weekend), and I decided to POSTPONE it until Saturday 11 Feb 2017, starting at noon-ish, at (or near) the Tecoma Pavilion in the Melbourne Botanic Gardens.

Looking forward to seeing you all there, including first-timers.

Remember that Gardens staff frown upon folks moving plants into/out-of the gardens.  So keep donations or exhibits in your car, or in your bag.

Cheers, Carl (tall, grey-haired, glasses,Yank accent)

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up Carl. I'll leave the seedlings in the car :)

im assuming this is happening.

looking forward to catching up with peeps.

Hi All,

Yes, still happening 12 noon, Saturday, 11 February 2017, in/near Tecoma Pavilion, Melbourne Botanic Gardens.

Be there, on time, or miss out on the free plants I'm giving away.  (Those using public transport, bummer.)

Current forecast is +30C and minimal chance of rain.  I myself can only stick around until 1pm-ish, sorry.

Cheers,

Carl Turney

Not going to be able to make it today. Not up to driving today sadly. Hope you guys have a great meet and hopefully i'll get to one of these soon

I'm here now. Haven't been able to locate anybody yet. I'm wearing jeans and a black jumper.