The Corroboree
tryptamine

Calea zacatechichi being seized in New Zealand

The new psyhoactive substances bill which legalizes and regulates synthetic cannabinoids in New Zealand, but bans all psychoactive substances unless lisenced has resulted in the first seizure of imported calea zacatechichi seeds as a psychoactive substance under the bill by NZ customs. Note Calea is a basic import with MAF.

How a non-psychoactive seed thats needs to be planted, cultivated, harvested, dried, processed to then possibly have a mild psychoactive effect can be classified as a psychoactive substance makes no sence.

If this is logic correct, then all plants are now illegal as all plants are psychoactive substances. This bill also technically bans yoga and meditation equipment as devices capable of inducing a psychoactive effect.

Herbal remedies are exempt from the bill. Calea is also employed by the Chontal people as a herbal remedy against gastrointestinal disorders, and is used as an appetizer, cathartic, anti-dysentery remedy, and as a fever-reducing agent.

At this stage it appears the difference between herbal remedy and psychoactive substance is decided by the race of the people who traditionally used the remedy. Apparently Mexican medicine is not accepted as part of the recognized pharmocopedia. That is racism and in my opinion a breach of human rights..

• Like 10

How's the coffee gunna make it in? oh the license thing. Strange laws, weird days.

Edited by Leaves

Anyone for a game of monopoly? Oh what a fun game. Loads of laughs for all the family as you control the board and squeeze every last dime out of your competition until you are the only one left! Hooray!!!

The tentacles of the pharmaceutical industry reach far, wide and deep and too much is never enough. Polity is no barrier.

the fact is the anally retentive shits making these laws...............and so many others that erode our personal freedoms are only going to get worse.................monitoring tec at customs is only going to become more invasive....................pull in all the seed you can while you can.....propagate the plants and share them......so there's always a healthy reservoir .......reality is - even your grandmother is probably doing something illegal..............there's just so many laws now that the whole pop is criminal..........embrace the pirate....................and for fuck sake stop voting for this 2 party system......support alternatives...............

• Like 8

HEMP party gets my vote mostly to avoid the fine if I did not exercise my "right" to vote. I hope everyone can see the paradox in that.

Apparently I'm weird for noticing the irony in being fined for not exercising a right. :unsure:

It would be so easy to just go native :-)

Edited by michael1968
  • Like 2

I would just like to announce that I am having this problem with customs at the moment and they are very unclear on why it is psychoactive and illegal to posses without a licence.

If you need help I can help you tryptamine because some lovely guy is helping me out.

Pm me if you need any more info :)

Hey guys.

I just came across this regarding salvia yesterday while reading up on the NZ drug foundation website.

"Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Salvia is currently an unapproved psychoactive substance under the Psychoactive Substances Act 2013 which means that it is illegal to import, manufacture, or sell this substance without a license.

The penalties for importation without a license can lead to a term of imprisonment not exceeding 2 years or in the case of a company a fine up to $500,000.

The penalties for manufacturing without a license can lead to term of imprisonment no exceeding 2 year or in the case of a company a fine up to $500,000.

The penalty for selling is a conviction and imprisonment for up to three months or a fine not exceeding more than $40,000.

It is not a criminal offence to buy salvia, but you can be subject to a fine of up to $500 if caught with the substance."

Source: http://www.drugfoundation.org.nz/salvia

My understanding is that all psychoactive and potentially psychoactive plants now fall under the title of 'unapproved psychoactive substance', although I am having difficulty finding specific details.

I have skimmed through the psychoactive substances bill although I haven't found any specifications there.

If anyone can assist me in clarifying this concerning state of affairs, please shoot me a PM.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

What the actual fuck? And here I though NZ was one of the only sane countries left. Calea z doesn't even do anything IME! I've tried copious amounts of it in multiple ways and basically done everything short of injecting it or shelving it or snorting it.

But I guess we should have expected it..

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

George-Orwell-was-right.jpg

• Like 2

:(

George Orwell was right because there has always been a boot stamping on human faces for many, many centuries and he was wise enough to see it in his own time. The only difference in modern times is they got sneaky after magna carta and common law. People were educating themselves and learning their rights and not standing for the BS. So they limited their "boot stomping" activities to groups and castes of people that "didn't matter" who no one would stand up for. Then the industrial revolution reared its ugly head and began cranking out all manner of toxic by products that they would have to pay to dispose of and all of a sudden Fluoride was good for us and having mercury in vaccines was good for us. Then we have formaldehyde, monosodium glutamate (neuro toxin) and so many others in vaccines. How about all the preservatives and various other chemicals that get tossed into processed food - just look at all the snack "foods" and read the ingredients particularly the ones made in America like Pringles (what a toxic slurry that shit is) and read up on the side effects of all thes "wonderful" modern day additives and you begin to see a cocktail that has all the trademarks for serious brain fog. Of course the mercury in vaccines was replaced with a product called Thimerisol which allows them (pharma), thanks to their army of lawyers, the legal right to claim that vaccines are mercury free but in fact it is a concoction containing up to 60% mercury. Mercury causes mind fog. (my nice way of saying brain damage). Then on top of all that you look at the government run education system that steadily gets worse and worse every year as they raise and spend more and more money to "improve" education. You have to ask in which direction are the improvements aimed? I say downwards. However the education system does produce a large number of people who are very good at following the status quo (politicians and various other professions) but have no ability to think outside the box of system needs and it appears that the ones who do venture outside the realm of standard thinking are fairly swiftly silenced and even removed from their fields of expertise or worse. Especially if they develop ingenious remedies or cures for ailments such as cancer that the pharma companies cannot capitalize on with a symptom relieving pill that you need to buy for the rest of your ill life.

Next we have radio, televison , and the cinema. All tools created for the spread of propaganda to a mass number of people. If you think that is bullshit then toss out your tv, radios and don't watch any movies for a couple of years or more and note how your perceptions of the world change and see what you think of all those media when you look at them again after a couple of years of abstinence. Really is an interesting experiment. The music scene really sucks too. The popular media scene I guess seems to be all about image sex and selling a non music related product. Those dumb whore musicians and actors all on the soap box lately pushing the artificially toxic sweetened soft drinks, kenfrucky fucked chickens and what not. As Bill Hicks would say if he were still alive today 'THEY ARE ALL SUCKING ON SATANS COCK!!!!'

Yeah George Orwell was right but near to no one can see it anymore because they are all so foggy and connected to it and made to believe that the virtual prison is to keep the bad on the outside.

Anyone else noticing our men in blue all beginning to wear the extremely dark blue which is nearly black. Just an observation. Fines for jaywalking. What a joke. Is the police force being overtly turned into a revenue collection agency for the state? What's next a speed limit for pedestrians? Underpants that detect gas emissions that we can be taxed on to save the planet?

I understand clearly what people before me meant when they said that "satan" was clever in fooling the world that he didn't exist anymore. A particular religion has been very adept in confusing people as to just what this "satan" is. I watched him in one guise on television one night at my mothers home when he announced that a new world order was possible and all that talk about a thousand points of light and again on various occasions during and after the tragedies in 2001 and since then and before.

But after all that is said and done the reality is that our minds cannot be controlled unless we allow it to be so. As we shed all those fears that make us cling to their virtual reality scam and see the universe unfold as it really is - Infinite and eternal - as we all are - everything is ok - there is plenty for everyone - life is a gift - "evil" is just an agent and a catalyst for growth which can propel us on the right path if that is where we want to be going.

Rant OVER & OUT...........................

Edited by michael1968
  • Like 7

There continues to be an amount of salvia sold pretty casually on NZ auction sites... seems the new psychoactives bill is yet quite randomly enforced.
The calea case is a weird one considering the psychoactive effect is active only on the user while asleep, not affecting waking consciousness - Our dreams are no longer our own, apparantly!

the psychoactives bill is a horrifying breach of human rights. It was posited as a measure to regulate the commercial industry of synthetic cannabis and party pills, but is being used to criminalise individuals and dictate what can be grown in a domestic garden.

siezed imports is unfortunate, but the scope of what could happen to people as the bill's enforcement gains momentum is terrifying.

...sad days for a gardener!

Hey guys.

I just came across this regarding salvia yesterday while reading up on the NZ drug foundation website.

"Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Salvia is currently an unapproved psychoactive substance under the Psychoactive Substances Act 2013 which means that it is illegal to import, manufacture, or sell this substance without a license.

The penalties for importation without a license can lead to a term of imprisonment not exceeding 2 years or in the case of a company a fine up to $500,000.

The penalties for manufacturing without a license can lead to term of imprisonment no exceeding 2 year or in the case of a company a fine up to $500,000.

The penalty for selling is a conviction and imprisonment for up to three months or a fine not exceeding more than $40,000.

It is not a criminal offence to buy salvia, but you can be subject to a fine of up to $500 if caught with the substance."

Source: http://www.drugfoundation.org.nz/salvia

My understanding is that all psychoactive and potentially psychoactive plants now fall under the title of 'unapproved psychoactive substance', although I am having difficulty finding specific details.

I have skimmed through the psychoactive substances bill although I haven't found any specifications there.

If anyone can assist me in clarifying this concerning state of affairs, please shoot me a PM.

And yet the law is so obscure, there are multiple sellers on trademe selling, san pedro, salvia, opium poppy, opium lettuce, datura, henbane, etc plants and seeds without the auctions getting pulled, and even more selling raw material like dried blue lotus, damiana herbage, dagga and others.

*Shakes head* good luck enforcing it! Almost as stupid as the Euro seed laws - completely unenforceable to any meaningful extent - they can't even knock out meth labs in NZ let alone weed so adding a bunch of other meaningless low risk, low harm substances to it is idiotic beyond all belief

• Like 3

What the actual fuck? And here I though NZ was one of the only sane countries left.

once upon a time mate.....................now we are are just another fascist police state like all the others................we are just a little slow catching up...................

• Like 3

And yet the law is so obscure, there are multiple sellers on trademe selling, san pedro, salvia, opium poppy, opium lettuce, datura, henbane, etc plants and seeds without the auctions getting pulled, and even more selling raw material like dried blue lotus, damiana herbage, dagga and others.

*Shakes head* good luck enforcing it! Almost as stupid as the Euro seed laws - completely unenforceable to any meaningful extent - they can't even knock out meth labs in NZ let alone weed so adding a bunch of other meaningless low risk, low harm substances to it is idiotic beyond all belief

it just means they can have you by the short and curlies at heir whim...........part of being the slave cast.........................

they pull the small round ones off pretty fast ....trademe that is :)

they pull the small round ones off pretty fast ....trademe that is :)

Yep but that's the only thing (plantwise) i've ever seen pulled (should have hit buy-now instead of watchlisting . . .)

Legitimate force, prerogative of the talking heads,
Deviant citizens lead to fast broken doors, while they sleep in their beds.
Don't dare raise a finger 'gainst the states arm,
For in beating you to bloody pulp they keep you from harm.
Knock on the door in the middle of the night?
Go quietly citizens, put up no fight,

For BLESSED are the lost ones, broken from the start,
Dare not face the faceless ones, lest they tear out your heart.

The iron that you're chained in, its said are bonds of love,
Not taxes, police batons, cameras high above . . .

BLESSED are the paranoid. The Rebels. The Hidden.
From inside they work against you.

Living is forbidden.

• Like 7

"Growing up it all seems so one-sided

Opinions all provided

The future pre-decided

Detached & subdivided

In the mass production zone

Nowhere´s the dreamer

Or the mystic so alone"

• Like 1

This is exactly what i warned about when this bill was first tabled. The people who promoted this were single minded about synthetc cannabinoids and basically threw herbs under the bus to get this legislation through.

• Like 5

Bout time... Calea is a dangerous plant that gets people so messed up and high that it's being giving the ethnobotany community headaches since usage became wide spread among housing communities and areas containing high distributions of the low socioeconomic demographic.

People have been lucid dreaming so hard on the shit that they don't realize they're really driving - there was even that case of a lucid dreamer so hopped on Calea arrested for harpooning dugongs at Sea World.

• Like 3

Woah indigo, waaay too believable! Real drugs (think zolpidem ) Can have similar effects. we need to be careful about how we publicly portray these relatively obscure preparations, I think.

edit: (still hilarious, don't get me wrong!)

Outdiders I assure you; the effects of Calea are both completely harmless and rather elusive; it takes a lot of careful practice to get strong effects, which mostly revolve around increased dream recall and awareness. /PSA

Edited by Frank leDank

As for the intended effects of the 'synthetics' legislation i think the drafters' intentions are generally benevolent. I mean , I hope they meant it to actually enable safe drugs to get sold in a safe, regulated framework.

I thnk it's major flaw is in bad writing which enables unscrupulous, ?haters!, to find an obvious loopholey way to fuck nice folks over!

Some bent prick cop (corrupt, not a slur..:/) realises "oh hey lol, plants are illegal now, lets nab this weirdo with the funny coloured hair!"

You guys know what I mean.

Hey mate step over here, it's just a random explosives residues test. [\quote]

:rolleyes:

Edited by Frank leDank

What about other plants in NZ?

A FOAF in NZ was asking about the legality of this species and Hemia to grow

Not knowing the delineations between the various parts of govt, what NZ laws does growing or consuming Hemia / Calea fall afoul of?

Calea sounds like a Customs prohibited import, but what about posession and cultivation? Is that OK? And Hemia?

Edited by Darklight

good question....there's a few things 'they' (as in anal retards) won't permit to be imported...........but its perfectly ok to grow................

• Like 2