The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TAXMAN

Cacti anyone??

Guest TAXMAN

Has anybody in Perth got any nice sort of cacti etc for trade (swap, steal, sale, loan etc???)

Interested in trying San Pedro, Peyote etc etc, but unsure of the best variety to choose.. cacti are a new thing to me, so maybe easy or quick growing would be best???

Guest reville

sure - go the pedro

contact me after the conference if youre interested

if you want easy then pachanoi is it

dont know about the others although peruvianus is doing well too

Guest TAXMAN

thanks rev.. please email me or i will email you.. vice versa????

I managed to get hold of some pachanoi as you requested.. seems to have taken well.. but would love it if anyone has any others for trade / sale??

Guest reville

well my collection consists of lophophora, trichocereus species, pachycereus species and now myrtillocactus.

I am keen to expand... i intend to start off some (cacti) seedlings soon and if anyone else in perth did the same by next year we could all do some interesting swaps..

also im keen to get going with some sceletium sp..

my e-mails listed up top ... i can be hard to catch but if you do i dont mind..

Guest TAXMAN

firstly.. what a great idea.. having an expanse of knowledge and species across Perth.. ( seems Perth gets nothing most of the time .. very keen.. smile.gif

I am having trouble getting hold of you as you said.. received ya mail, but cannot reply to get your phone number etc.. it says your account is full..??? frown.gif

can you mail me your number or something????

cheers!!

Guest ace datura

What's the best time of the year to get cacti started off from seed if you live in Perth? I've had luck getting a Yates cactus mix to germinate in early summer, however, some Echinopsis seeds exposed to exactly the same conditions failed to germinate. Would it be a good idea to wait until next summer to try again with some Echinopsis seeds I kept in reserve or will these seeds be too old by then and have absolutely no chance of germinating? Perhaps they would germinate now with the assistance of a heat mat.