The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
at0m

Cerebral Health's Pyritinol found to be diphenhydramine (Benadryl)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/1rja32/cerebral_health_pyritinol_new_test_results/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/1mmip9/cerebral_health_pyritinol_test_results_warning/

SlHOkou.jpg

We have finally identified the substance that Cerebral Health was selling as pyritinol, which has sent one person to the hospital, and caused adverse reactions in half a dozen other people so far. The results are very surprising, as I never would have guessed it. It turns out the substance is diphenhydramine, also known as Benadryl. Diphenhydramine has anticholinergic and serotonergic effects, and has been known to cause seizures in higher doses. So essentially people were overdosing on a deliriant. You can read reports of people taking large doses of it online, and it does not seem like a very pleasurable experience.

So far Cerebral Health has not taken any steps to address the issue. I've gone back and forth with the owner Doug on Longecity for a while now, and the exchange has pretty much been a PR disaster for him. Not only has he been rude and dismissive, but he has threatened myself and the lab manager of the first lab we used to do the testing with litigation. On top of that, he insulted the lab managers education, and generally has been a total asshole throughout this whole incident. It's definitely not the type of person that I want to give my business to, and the way he is running his business is damaging to the Nootropics community as a whole. It's incidents like this that are going to be the downfall of our community. We need to send a message that this is not acceptable.

Thank you to Nootropics Depot for helping us with the identification of the substance.