The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Leaves

How to post pictures without them showing in the recent gallery images?

I have noticed some peps are able to post pic's without them first showing up in the recent gallery images, can someone please explain how this is done?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah what the hell. I have to upload all mine first :blink:

^ Don't know the answer - but I posted a possible ID for one of your recent photo postings..

I just open the advanced editor by clicking more reply options on the standard editor & then just attach them to my post by clicking the choose files button under where it says Attach Files.

After they uploaded click on Add to Post & the code to the attachment should come up in brackets.

Edit: It worked fine for me with Firefox and the image above

Edited by Sally
  • Like 4

As Sally said above that is the way to post as a clickable photo. To place a photo full size into your post without placing in your gallery first you need to be hosting you photos on flickr, dropbox or many of the others around.
You are supposed to be able to then use the image button to place in your post or use the bb codes but I still cant work that out. The simplest way I have found is to copy and paste the hosted image into the post.

Copied and pasted from my flickr account

10880772613_607b2ff42e.jpg

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

Thanks Sally & Got & tarenna for the ID, I don't mind the plant pics coming up in recent pics but would rather keep some of the less ethno stuff off there.

If it's just an image off the web somewhere, right-click on that image and get the image's URL (that's its web address for the less tech-savvy out there). When you navigate to that page, there should be nothing but the picture.

Copy that URL/web address and then back on SAB click the "Image" button when making your post - paste the URL in there, and that will allow you to take any image on the web and insert it into your post.

For offline stuff that you don't want to upload to the gallery, it's like Sally says above - just go to advanced editor/more reply options, and attach the picture file, then click the "insert into post" button.

• Like 1