The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamwalker.

help Dream Herb dying

I'm struggling with these..................no problem getting them to 40mm high seedlings....in a propagator..............but can't find what they like when potted up.........................using a cacti potting mix.......have some in hot humid place... partial afternoon sun...............they don't like that

have some in morning sun ....dry air...warm place.............surviving but little growth.............trying to keep them on the dry side................but potting mix still a bit dampish.

any suggestions?

Edited by Dreamwalker

Have you checked to see if it has leaf curling mites or similar? I had the same problem as you for a while and I thought they were just shriveling up because they were unhappy. Turned out they had mites and they spread to my other plants too but thankfully they were more resilient.

Been spraying them with chilli and plant based detergent ever since and never looked back. Even experimenting with two in full sun and they're both doing well too.

Hope this helps.

Peace.

edit

(they're all in premium potting mix mixed with horse poo and hay, and sometimes I can be really lazy with watering too)

Edited by gunfighter
  • Like 1

I have 2 I've grown through from seed. Mine are in a very well drained mix ... extra coarse sand in the mix. They took ages to settle in & start to grow. They both currently reside on the floor of the greenhouse, under 30% s/cloth & getting a fair amount of shade from the other plants & ferns in their as well. I water in the shadehouse every 2nd day & usually I'll miss them every 2nd watering, except through late spring through to early autumn. This is when they tend to kick on & need the extra water.

• Like 2

I have 2 I've grown through from seed. Mine are in a very well drained mix ... extra coarse sand in the mix. They took ages to settle in & start to grow. They both currently reside on the floor of the greenhouse, under 30% s/cloth & getting a fair amount of shade from the other plants & ferns in their as well. I water in the shadehouse every 2nd day & usually I'll miss them every 2nd watering, except through late spring through to early autumn. This is when they tend to kick on & need the extra water.

So that would be really humid? It would be in the 30 - 40 c in there I guess....................hot humid keeping them on the dry side mostly in the shade...................

So that would be really humid?

No...prol 70% humidity...reasonably well ventilated.

It would be in the 30 - 40 c in there I guess

They seem to like low 30's

keeping them on the dry side mostly in the shade...................

I don't even have saucers under them....& filtered light if possible, but yeah shady.

Good luck man... :)

EDIT: I did have them in the hothouse for a while, but they didn't seem to like it there, so I moved them from there to where they are now.

Edited by space cadet swami

yeap they hate loads of sun and the mites/bugs love them ..

• Like 2