The Corroboree
gtarman

Sunshine Coast meet (QLD)....

Yeah 12pm midday, high noon it is. See y'all there. I'm gonna try actually bring some food to share this time...instead of the usual system of everybody just mooching off red :lol:

We'll try make it a lunch thing too eh if anyone else wants to bring some chow? Otherwise I reckon everyone will get cranky and hungry. Or I will at least lol

Edited by gtarman

Haha ill try to bring some food

• Like 1

If anyone wants anything I have listed PM me & I will mail them out, I have to attend something I cannot get out of.

Have a good one.

Oh no I left the BBQ unattended for two minutes while I went for a wizz and someone came and pee'd all over the BBQs. Sorry guys.

Only 14 hours til the meet. Hang in there xeno, that should be plenty of time for you to scrub that hotplate and think about your mistake.

• Like 2

Don't forget the coldies, looks like a warm one tomorrow.

Thanks guys, nice to meet some new peeps, and a welcome visit from Santa (aka Halcyon) with lots of pressies.

Xeno rocked up later for a bit of a natter too which was nice.

Already keen for the next one, hopefully with those that couldn't make it rockin up for some chat and swap action :wink:

• Like 5

Yeah was a really nice day - good folks, good discussion, awesome pie haha. I'd be keen to make the trek again sometime :)

Although I think I might be too far south to keep wearing the organizing hat (that ugly old cumbersome piece of headwear!)...dibs not it!

• Like 4

relinquish ye the hat of organising.

now don ye the hat of resignation!

thanks to meditator, responsible choice, halcyon daze for the fruitful discussion, and thanks gtarman for the meal of fruit.

i liked the vibe of that park compared to brisbane, i like to get away from brisbane so i'm going to make more effort to get to these SC meets they're probably closer to me anyway.

glad we got this ball rolling now lets keep it rolling. i'm happy to try a different area/park next time or same, whatever. i tentatively nominate the weekend of jan 11/12.

• Like 4

aye, it has been said that I'm more fruity than fruitful.

I tentatively accept this new date and will see if I can cajole domide into (actually) attending :P

• Like 2

T'was good to squeeze a brief cameo appearance in and meet some new crew.

Down for January. I tentatively nominate the Kenilworth Fig Tree Walk as the location. Giant trees. It's epic. There's a free camping spot across the road next to a river so it could be a camping mission if that sounds like it'd tickle anyone's fancy.

• Like 4

Crap I didn't get to meet you Xeno, I left too early.

Was still the shit meeting everyone else though :lol: . Ill definitely be coming to the next meet.

• Like 3

Great meet guys ( I spent a couple xtra nights on the coast catching up with mates) I had an awesome time and it was cool meeting you all and trading etc. It was good to see those cuts going to people who will really love and cherish them.

The best part was that I really learned a lot from you all. F**ing Awesome! :)

Definitely looking forward to seeing you all again some time soon.

Better hit the sack now, too much driving for one day Zzzzzzzzz

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 3

anybody in?

do we still want it on sunday? i'd consider setting up a simple camp for saturday night if the meet were saturday afternoon instead..... but no need to fuss over possible camping there's always next time if everyone likes the spot.

I won't be able to make it if we have it on Saturday. But I'm still tentatively keen for Sunday depending on how the money situation is looking by then

Yep, I'm in. :lol:

Alas, the money situation is shithouse. Work decided not to pay me, and payroll have decided it's not really that big a deal and they're in no hurry to fix it :BANGHEAD2:

I may be in with a chance yet if I can get up there on the cheap...payroll have come through for me. Would be great to catch up with y'all again

Thanks payroll! :lol:

Will do my utmost to be there...

I nominate that the camping mission should be next time to give everyone a chance to have enough funding post Xmas/NY to make it possible. I also nominate that the camping mission should be at the Kenilworth Fig Walk which would then pose the question where should this meet be?

I think Halcyon suggested Buderim falls at the last meet which is quite a nice spot. We could meet at the bottom (near Harry's) and walk up to the falls from there if people are feeling fit.

I'm still not sure how I'll go getting up there but we could always do the Kenny Fig for both.

If it's nice, hit it twice (giggity) :P

Buderim is heaps closer for everyone I would wager, as, even though I literally live in the suburb next to Kenilworth, the Fig Walk is still a fair trek ( > 1hr).

I also just took the fam out to the Forest Park on Halcyon's advice on NYD. It's really beautiful, and looks like there will be a nice shady spot for a natter.

• Like 1

can we have a headcount folks?

its looking like attendance will be a fairly dismal 2-3, maximum 4.

shall we re-schedule? go ahead? location?

at this point just post your decision/s and we'll go ahead with whatever. i'm happy to make it another weekend. once per month might be a bit much for now.

• Like 1