The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bullit

goddamn storm cell

fuk me fuk me today a huge fuken storm hit our house!!

we were taking most of the kids to nanas 4 a sleep over then a huge fuken storm was brewin so me wife and baba and i fuked off to go home. guess what i was driving straight into this cell!!!

huge hail started smashin me car soo i pulled into the bp 4 cover [so was everyother cunt]

no cover so i drove in it. got home ok but to c my garden fuked up big time!!!! FUK

my dogs and birds were freakin out big time!! anywho my gardens a mess :angry::(

my kava is fuked my woodrose is fuked, my herbs r fuked MY BRUGS R FUKED!!!

pics<. > this birdsnest is huge bout 1.5 metres tall it had 3 inches of hail inside

Shit man, that sucks :(

My cacti got an ungodly drenching a few days back if it's any consolation...had to bust out the old sulphur powder to keep up with the rot :(

Some of my plants scored some hail damage a couple days ago. I heard Buderim copped tennis ball sized hail today.

Mother nature can certainly make her point. As long as you can learn something from this. Probably good idea to put up some 50% shade cloth on a frame above your special plants to protect in the event of future storms.

That sucks man. Glad I got my shade cloth up this weekend just in case it hits Sydney.

Thats depressing man. I think a lot of them will recover though - you'll be surprised. Im lucky where I am in that we never get hail (I think it has happened, but it couldnt be called hail - more like icey rain), but we get smashed by wind and flooding. Pretty much everything I couldnt take inside during yasi got affected in some way (most of my gardens were flattened), but I dont think I lost anything completely - most of them either continued growing (at an angle) or regrew from roots, broken stems etc.

Good luck over the rest of the season - as others have said, its good to learn from these kinds of events and be prepared for when it happens again

yeah i have only seen hail like this 2 times in my life!! i know my brugs will recover but i had a load of seedlings[many rare 1s] on my veranda that were smashed to bits! today i went around cutting the smashed up leaves of and cut back my brugs so i will have loads of cuttings soon to trade!

poisonshroom yasi was well bad aye!

I was at north shore when it hit I was watching tennis ball sized hail coming in across the river. I flew home to save some plant but was too late heaps trashed but luckily the biggest hail at home was ping pong ball sized. It trashed brugs cacti Rivera psychotria they'll all survive but it desimated my broms.

Poison shroom we have never had real hail where I am either not in 20 years but on Saturday it looked like snow so I wouldn't rely on "we don't get hail here" its been some weird weather this year.

• Like 1

here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well that was intense smashed up again :BANGHEAD2: get that 1 carl??? o yeah i disagree sum of the biggest hail storms i have seen has been in this area!

Edited by bullit

Yeah we got that but not as bad thank god. I still hadn't moved my cacti seedlings or psychotria (idiot) I didn't think we'd get another one (idiot) lol. Did you see there is a sunny coast meet on the 15? Should come along I really want to meet some like minded locals.

• Like 2

yeah c how i go carl im on hols around that date and wanna take the kids down south ??

anywho hit again lastnite @ midnight no hail but a badass electric strom..

a huge strike hit a black wattle bout 10 metres from the house supa loud and waking very 1 up!

the thunder felt like it was under the house... crazy

sunny coast used to get pretty regular hail back in the 80's & early 90's, weather cycle might just be coming round again, I remember mini cyclones regularly coming up from brizzy with crazy winds & hail for only 15-20min. It was always the storms coming from south or south west that packed a punch.