The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gtarman

*Sigh*

check to see if the breather hole in the fuel tank cap is blocked.

What Lokstok said

I know how hard it is to face a machine that's done you wrong when you're already stressed, broke and heading for a deadline

But checking the easy basics- fuel, spark, air etc clears a lot of problems up fast. It's sometimes just a matter of changing your headspace so you can switch from the task you were really focused on to the extra one you now need to complete the bloody task you were focused on.

If you haven't got a manual, look for one for that model online

Check the oil as a lot of engines will over heat due to to little oil ( not the one you mix with fuel)

2 stroke engines don't have oil to check, the only oil is mixed into the fuel.

The good thing about things that break or require some tlc is an oppurtunity to learn something new. My old Datsun taught me heaps about mechanics etc. Check the items as mentioned, air breather, spark, small pieces of crap in the fuel,,, compact 2 stroke motors are high revving and unless well maintained don't last for long.

Taking notes while he bullshits is a great idea I think,, you will soon see if he is genuine or not.

In my experience the only way to fix it is to throw it at a fence .... Buyer beware with garden shit, the saying plays up like a second hand lawn mower exists for this precise reason. Even when the fucking things work properly you will never get the nylon to bleed out properly and have to stop and feed it out manually every three metres.... I hate whipper snippers so much.

TL;DR EDIT: Ugh. The fucker didn't give me my money back. And was incredibly rude and non-sensical about it

You need to go back there and set fire to his lawn.

I'm seriously considering giving his number to telemarketers and his address to junk mailers. I'm being tempted so greatly by the dark side. Considering that an old housemate who we kicked out for trashing the place once gave my number to telemarketers, I don't think it would be karmically wrong would it?

Aggh. The dude wasted more than $100 of my money and several days of my time. And he had the audacity to blame me for it and say that I was in the wrong after squarely ripping me off. Sometimes it's hard to do the mature thing.

Lol go on. A bit of telemarking won't kill him.

On the bright side, at least you got outa there without procuring an assault charge -- which sounds like it was quite a feat really!

Challenges are everywhere, how you respond defines you. I think you did really well considering the circumstance.

Did he run it when you took it back and did it stop the same as it was doing for you. What did he say was wrong with it.

Cheers

Got

^^ sorry, that was in the longer version that I edited because it was a mile long. I took it back and after I drove all the way out there he said he wasn't going to refund me and refused to even look at it (in spite of our agreement that he would, and would then consider the refund), the whole time trying to invent various stupid reasons why I'd supposedly done something that had broken it. He was wrong, of course, but after about half an hour I could see he wasn't listening to reason and wasn't gonna give me my money back. So I exercised some self-control and walked away instead of beating the crap out of him.

Change the spark plug - or at least sand the inside contacts of it and widen it a bee's dick. And by a bee's dick, I mean about 1/8-1/4 of a mm - my whipper snipper is 20 years old and every year, without fail it'll run for 10 mins then bah barr barrrrbulbulb - konk. Out with the spark plug, give it a wipe, a sand and a wd40 - pop it back in and it goes like the clappers all season.

Very frustrating the prick wouldn't give your $ back... very very very frustrating... anyhoo a$$holes like that live a shit life and it'll come back to bite them eventually - hahahahahahahahahahahahaha :)

Edit: Tamed the post a bit, it was getting a bit far fetched and evil...

chop his head off

To be honest after giving it some space and pondering the advice of a surprisingly wise SABer I think I just need to let this one go.

Does he deserve for me to book him a Jehovah's Witness In-Home Bible Study appointment? Absolutely. But Just because he deserves it, doesn't mean I should be the one to give it to him. I mean, I spent a bit of time this afternoon looking for places I could register his phone number and address so he would get pestered to high-heaven day and night, and all I could think at the end of it was "As much as the prick deserves every bit of this, this is sinking down to his level, and it's not going to make my life any better. If anything it's making it worse by holding onto the anger and letting it get to me, and I don't think that this is the kind of thing I can do and still hold my head up. It's not who I am."

So I'm letting it go, and taking the higher path. I still feel like taking the lower path, but I'm really starting to get that whole "turn the other cheek" thing and how "the best revenge is to live well". Why should I waste more of my life's energy on fuckheads, even if they deserve it?

It sounds like you've come a long way since you were in that hole a few weeks ago.

It's been a good test of your fortitude and you've come out of it and decided not to hold any grudges or hate.

Good work man it sounds like you're really getting on top things, the universe has tested you and you didn't sink back into your old habits. :worship:

Good work man it sounds like you're really getting on top things, the universe has tested you and you didn't sink back into your old habits. :worship:

was ya old habits choping heads off :wacko: i have a 2 stroke that will do it for $100 bucks :o

lol. nah mate never been one for chopping heads off really, just a peaceful bloke. Maybe more peaceful than I perhaps should be sometimes, but I dunno if it's a bad thing overall.

plus I've had enough of 2 strokes to last me a lifetime :P

I cut my lawn with a thin whipping stick & rip any of that grass that wants to grow tall out with a pick. I hate the noise of 2 stroke garden tools - leaf blowers in sydney at 7am in the morning, every morning. I would really like to get a scythe

Yeah I looked into a scythe a while back. Seem more suited to open fields though than tightly enclosed suburban lawns.

Yeah I looked into a scythe a while back. Seem more suited to open fields though than tightly enclosed suburban lawns.

But if you ever changed your mind about chopping heads off?

get a guinea pig in a little mower cage and move him along he will keep the grass down .Come the apocalypse

he will be a tasty treat unless he turns into a zombie.

But if you ever changed your mind about chopping heads off?

many uses hey TC ;p

Off at their ankles! That'll slow em down lol

fuk it i will mow ya yard 4 a drink LOL

I really could have asked my housemate to organize it, because he still has a job and I'm already organizing a fair bit of house stuff. But instead I decided to cop one for the team and just do it.

Why the fuck does this stupid shit and drama always happen when I'm only ever trying to do the right thing?!

Doing "the right thing" is often a euphemism for grudgingly doing something we think isn't really our responsibility, and those endeavours are usually full of problems.

It's like our resentment of the task manifests in everything going wrong.

Stop being so helpful and responsible, and join the global slide of ethics. Good times await ye :devil: