The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lhb2444

Pissed at my housemate/ex-housemate

So I'm a little pissed at my housemate moving out today (told me this morning) when she knows I'm heading overseas on a holiday in a few weeks and may not have time to find a new one which significantly fucks my budget central america's back packing trip as I can't really afford to do it paying double rent and can't reclaim my ticket costs.

The clincher in all this is the reason why she moved out (which I think is totally overblown) and I hence wonder;

a ) What would you do in this situation? (I like to hear this from a male and female perspective);

b ) Am I being a cunt by being pissed off about this or is she over-reacting?

So the reason she moved out involves me having a night out with some mates and getting pretty drunk (but not crazy drunk, I still got home, cleaned up the beers and kitchen/lounge room and from earlier in the evening then put myself to bed kind of drunk) I had however been having some restless nights sleep due to my bracers poking me in the cheeks and causing small ulcers in mouth so I took a 5mg valium my brother had to help me sleep thinking it'd stop me waking up every time I was jabbed in the cheek (probably not a great idea in hindsight)

The result of all this was me sleep walking into the kitchen (that I assume my body thought for some reason was the bathroom) and peeing in my cutlery draw then going back to bed, all with no recognition of this happening in the morning. She preceded to go mental (so I'm told) abusing my mate on the couch who was asleep and then just moving out with zero notice and refusing to pay or adhere to the 2 weeks notice for leaving requirement we stipulated when she moved.

So, any thoughts?

it's not anew scenario to many here i'd wager a pint.

i once had someone(in exazacery thesamesito) pull the toast draw out from the oven, drop her pantaloons and piss into the draw.

lol

the fact you cleaned up the mess while pissed is a +1 man :)

i think you chose porely in her as a room mate....when push comes to shove you need stable friends around, she doesn't sound like it.

so we need an australian judge judith to see over these matters mate

so hence forth,

a) i's say i'm charging u for the rent and doing a runner on me

b)you are a cunt and yes she's over-acting abit me thinks.

all jokes aside, she cannot naye paye rent aye?

a ) after getting over the initial shock I would like to think that I would be able to have a laugh about it! I have lived in flats where people have done stuff which I would consider much worse and no one moved out.

b ) because it was pretty much out of your control, (well you chose to get a bit munted, but surely you didn't conciously choose to pee in the drawer), it's kinda unfair that she would react so extremely about it, but I dunno, some chicks have a really low tolerance for odd behaviour, maybe she felt that if you were capable of peeing in the cutlery drawer while under the influence of alcohol and Valium then there was potential for you to do other, worse stuff in future.

Sounds to me like she was a bit of a prissy thing, although maybe I've just been exposed to a lot more inebriated shenanigans.. At least you didn't pee on her!

Sorry to hear this fucked up your budget, hope you can find someone to fill the room until you leave.

Edit: if she is signed onto the lease she is legally obliged to pay the rent until she can find someone to fill the room. Chase her up dude.

oh no....pissing on people has come up......alarm alarm alarm, i might go into overdrive here/...lol

good post ceres. i sincerely hope you are actually x and y or is it y and y or is x to the power of y crossed with y to the power of x or fuck i give up on distinctions

people in share sitos need to give you ample warning/or pay in advance /give you just cause(don't think you're cause was that just ibh3451?

pay yer rent biatch

Haha Cheshire if I understand you correctly, yes I am.

Ihb2444 it would be worth getting in touch with her cause chances are after a couple days she'll be realising how tricky it is to find a decent room to rent at such short notice and with a small amount of grovelling you could probably get her back in the house paying her rent as she should be. If she's gonna be a stick in the mud about it you will probably have to threaten legal action --which will cost heaps of money and time, hence why I say 'threaten' not actually do cause its prob not worth it. But she might not know that.

It's really not that bad aye.

I was at a friends flat once when they had been having a party and in the middle of the night some drunk dude thought that he was in the toilet and peed on some other guy who was sleeping on the couch :o

..this drunk dude actually was a repeat offender, peeing in inappropriate locations became intrinsically linked with his reputation

Thanks for the response Ceres, I thought she'd have a laugh to but I guess not :(

I should add that she is a regular drug users (pills in any form, speed etc) so not the case of a low tolerance for shenanigans, she's told me many stories of her and her friends taking one to many pills or dabs of their speed bag at defqon and ending up in the first aid tent on a drip etc.

And there's no lease on her end, my brother and I have been renting this place for 5 years and once the original 3rd person moved out the spare room's just been rented share-house style but we had an agreement via email for the rental conditions. I don't really think I could be bothered chasing it up though it'll be more drama I think i'll just take it as a lesson learned.

Cere's she did raise the potential for me to do worse things which I said I understood and thanked her for her concern but she's known for me a year now and I've never had a violent/aggressive spell in my life so I'm a little concerned about the thought someone would be scared of me.

And definitely no conscious decision to pee in the cutlery draw :innocent_n:

Especially seeing as though its only my cutlery in there and why would I want to pee on my cutlery? :scratchhead: haha

Haha, I did tell her I didn't pee on her, in her space or on any of her possessions so what was the big deal?

I think in the end it's a blessing in disguise, time for a change even though at an inappropriate time she drew the short straw, as you said she's looking through a limited number of rooms with a million other people while I'm one of the limited rooms looking through a million potential applicants.

The odds are in my favor B)

well, it doesn't really matter what you feel, but what the law requires...

and if she's not on your lease then i think you don't have a lot of hope,

regardless of how bad pissing in the drawer is. ( and if you were my house mate.. I don't know.. ? I would probably let you get away with it once ! ;) ) is she on the lease? if so she can't just walk out. I'm sure she could claim that you were unlivable... get a copy of the tennants handbook and do some homework . good luck ;)

if all else fails and if she still have stuff at the house consider leaving a steaming parting gift in a shoe or something.

Haha I like your style watertrade! But alas she is not on the lease and it's not the money that got me annoyed or started this thread, its much more the fucking me over for a silly little accident that she could've been well capable of (knowing her substance use etc) and thinking that I may potentially be some sort of threat when I'm the most non threatening dude ever. (although I'm sure many people say that)

I find its really hypocritical that she's got mates who have serious drug problems that do affect negatively affect their lives and that she sleeps with thug looking roided up dudes who are the sort of dudes who go out clubbing and get into brawls but then tells me I'm threatening while sleep walking drunk and having a little accident.

It sounds like you may not have any entitlements with her not being on the lease & your original lease agreement (if you are renting) could have clauses in regards to subletting ect that probably won't help.

It can't hurt to find out about your rights though, in NSW there is a tennants advocacy service, they can advise you if you have a case and if you do they know all the tricks and can sort out disputes with minimal input from you. It can't hurt to send them an email or give them a call. They saved my arse more than once.

http://www.tenants.org.au/

I suppose the main question is, is she good looking?

I suppose the main question is, is she good looking?

and does she fuck

doesnt matter if shes on the lease u can still walk out..

I think we need to have a beer one day Bullit !!!!!

She may have wanted out and this was just a good excuse?

Yeah it kinda just sounds like a crappy situation for everybody. As somebody who's mildly OCD and generally not at all tolerant of drunken shenanigans I can kinda understand why she'd feel that way, but as an impartial observer I can see that it's not completely your fault either. But yeah, if somebody wee'd on the things I eat with after a night of drinking I would probably not be in a very understanding headspace.

If you're in the city just gumtree it, if you're not maybe like Bullit says, you could just walk out..although that would probably be a black mark on your rental history that you might not want.

Maybe she wanted to move out but felt too awkward to bring it up so waited till you got drunk one night so she could pee in your cutlery draw and blame you.

Don't have time to read through this yet but I gotta mention that my mum caught my sister about to piss in the fridge one night. TRUE STORY!

Oh and your housemate was probably thinking of moving out but didn't have a good enough excuse so she used your party as her excuse. Poor form really...

LOL -Just read that last post

Distracted you could well be onto something!

She was ok looking and does fuck, but form what I can gather only roided up meat heads which counts me well and truly out.

Thinking about I think she must've been looking for an excuse and just not mature enough to approach me about or my brother about an issue so just used this excuse, which is a pretty good one I guess haha.

How does a woman go about peeing in the fridge? Pretty easy for a dude but wouldn't she have to essentially get part way into the fridge? :scratchhead:

How does a woman go about peeing in the fridge? Pretty easy for a dude but wouldn't she have to essentially get part way into the fridge? :scratchhead:

Ok, here come the links LOL

just going through my collection now HAHA