The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bullit

datura metel alba [triple white] cross v fastuosa

helllloooo again , another cross by bull bull :wink::wub:

mother plant 1st 2nd pics , the cross flower only a double :scratchhead: fathers not around anymore :unsure:

enjoy

Edited by bullit
  • Like 6

your datura x crosses are good work! :)

you saying "father not around any more" makes me think as follows.

if you would breed brumansias, you could save a clone (cutting) more easy than with a datura.

if you want to be able to re create any of your x crosses, than you have to work with stabilised parent plants.

you get stabilised parents by inbreeding them for 4 generations or more.

datura cuttings should work though as well, in other words, you could have saved all parents, via cuttings, and prolong ther life this way. than you have the parents, for x crosses as well alive for longer.

some of your parent plants could be stabilised already, because of previous in breeding.

• Like 2

cheers guys, yeah PH brugs r very easy to do cuttings with the water method. but with daturas the stike rate is shit.

its loads eazer to grow from seed as the datura is an annual and the seed r true to its parent not like brugs they r always different from seed...

u can also get multi years out of ya datura mother if u stump her LOL when the winter arrives. make sure you keep it dry like ya cacti during this time[ i dont have supa cold winters ] my superior mother ''triple yella''@ 5 or 6 years old ... she just woke :devil:

Edited by bullit

I've contemplated growing datura metel, though, in the end I decided not to. Your metel crosses are making me re think it. Gorgeous flowers and specimens you have there :)

• Like 1