The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halcyon Daze

That Gok guy really annoys me.

Just saying, that's all. I don't care that he's gay (I assume he's gay) I just find that whole 'prXXXXXg around' thing really annoying. It's soooo over the top.

He may be a nice guy or whatever but he acts like a real XXXXXX on those Target ads.

WHY? What has that got to do with being gay anyway?

Anyway I have nothing against people choosing to be gay(or being gay) . It's a non issue to me, but his personallity 'BRAND' is Fukkn Annoying!

Edit to add disclaimer

choosing to be gay

:scratchhead:

As in... I'm not in any way against people being gay. Im all for it if thats what they want (or are, or choose, or...whatever). Don't get technical on me lol

I'm pro choice, always have been :)

hes pretty annoying. a gay guy i know even said 'look at this fag' when he saw the ad. it was pretty funny

When I first saw it written his name had the target symbol as the "o" so to me it looked like a shorthand way to write double o.

So I read the signs as "GOOK" is coming, and I had to ask my mrs who this "GOOK' is, she didn't know either. Anyway I wasn't surprised when I first saw him, I thought it seemed a bit racist for big company though, but if he's alright with it who am I to complain.

I reckon I could pretend I was gay to score a job like his, getting to dress young women in skimpy undies for a living would be awesome. Then I could get away with patting them on the arse like gok does, it's not sexual harassment if you are gay :wink:

i think you're hazing hd or maybe it's rump the sump wants you cross the equator is that the naval tradition ?

gok's aight, ..............who's gok?

Don't worry Eth when I finally come out of the closet you'll be the first to know lol

well theres worse things than prancing, but it is a bit annoying when it's a bit over the top, same way that macho guys strutting just looks silly when it's over the top.

i guess prancing is the gay version of macho strutting. it's a way of wearing your ego 'on your sleeve' so to speak. for a macho bloke puffing his chest out & being all manly satisfies his ego & sends a message to others that he's confident & shouldn't be fucked with. i think it's the same for a gay guy prancing, it shows he's confident & doesn't give a fuck what people think about his behavior & so it's effectively the same message, that he shouldn't be fucked with.

in a culture where people are are targeted for their weakness' it's an intelligent survival tactic to lay it all out there. if you're out & proud & not afraid to express it, people have no power over you, if you're ashamed & trying to hide something, people derive control over you by exposing your secret.

i have a gay friend, he's totally gay ie the idea of vagina's makes him puke but you wouldn't know it until he gets high & drunk & decides he wants to be a crazy bitch.. but something he enjoys doing is going to gay bars & calling out 'prancers' calling them faggots etc he's a bit funny like that.. but he's had the shit beaten out of him more than once..

if you follow louie ck's logic gok is a total faggot, not cause he's gay but because he did that shitty target commercial! really though i don't really think i have the right to use that word to the face of a gay guy as i'm not gay.. that's why i think my gay friends shenanigans are funny, he's gay so he pretty much has the right to use that word, doesn't mean he won't get his arse beat though

I have no idea what Gok is, but the original thread and concept is awful. The phrase "people who chose to by gay" is so revealing of the OP's ignorance . I dont condemn this, not many people know that homosexuality pleys an important role in nature and not everyone can be that fucking open minded.

I find feminine male gays (out right * out spoken and with female behaviour) strutting, as you said REALLY distasteful (and its supposed to be like that) and maybe somewhat embarassing

but I really support that they have to do it, they must do it. Its their revenge against society.

LONG LIVE THE FAGGOTS! Fuck homophobes! Fuck this idiotic thread! WHo is Gok ? OF course you can use the word without being one.

I bet if it were a woman there wouldn't be this sort of reaction.

Says a lot about peoples judgment / expectations of gender roles & behaviour and inherent misogyny, really.

Fuck there's some ignorance in this thread

What has that got to do with being gay anyway?

I have no idea what it has to do with being gay, but it probably has everything to do with being who ever he chooses to be and not giving the slightest shit what bigots like you think about it. I can respect that.

I have no idea what it has to do with being gay, but it probably has everything to do with being who ever he chooses to be and not giving the slightest shit what bigots like you think about it. I can respect that.

That's a bit over the top isn't it ?

Without doubt he could have chosen his words better and maybe put a bit more thought into his post, but to take one statement in a context of your choosing and then vilify someone for it seems a bit excessive.

I suppose it is the right forum for it though, he had gripe and you chose to bitch about it.

wooden spoons are always the hardest smack on the bum

.....makesa noice red mark.

mmmm.....slap slap...before you know it, everybody is slapping each other.

no more slappping or i'm gunna get angry here.

and some more.......slapping

badminton slappping

It’s just advertising aimed at a particular group of females who love that flamboyant gay guy shit. I don’t understand why you’d get annoyed by it.

I just thought I'd start a topical discussion, you know, get people talking and sharing ideas and opinions. Sorry if it's getting too hot in the kitchen for some of you.

OK so he DOES choose then -thanks for vindicating me.

Anyway, I would put it to you that maybe he is just a total "sell-out", at the expense of all his gay brothers and sisters. -Just to make a quick buck :(

Maybe there were people ready to come out of the closet before this guy popped his clownish head up. Hell, maybe I was ready to come out... See my point?

Anyway, one thing I have recently reminded myself of is that much of today's advertising is designed to be kinda annoying so it sticks in your brain.

Seems like it's working for me :(

Edit: just a reminder/ disclaimer that it's his Brand that annoyed me, gay people don't annoy me at all, I like them, I like everyone.

hey com'on this is the bitches thread, some steam is allowed

its kind of healthy in a weird way I think...

It's Target! Haha A not so cheap place for clothing etc... No matter how they dress it up ;-)

did I miss the point? :-P

(I assume he's gay)

lol

i agree the original post was probably a bit distasteful & poorly worded, i don't have a problem with Halcyon daze, but am not defending him.. but lets face it, this Gok bloke has printed a huge target on his head. he is making truckloads of cash by being the bitch of a big corporation, he's fair game.

this thread may or may not say a lot about peoples judgements about gender roles & i don't even know what misogyny has to do with it but it speaks a lot more of peoples lack of mental sophistication & actually a deeper more subtle form of discrimination to treat a gay guy as a special case that shouldn't have the piss taken out of him. that i do find find offensive. brings to mind that cliche white hippy who knows next to nothing about racial issues getting all hysterical when people dare to discuss race. that kind of stupidity is racist & it's ignorant.

more overt forms of ignorance & discrimination are just obvious & the world has seen so much of it, it's easier to dismiss, after all the world is full of stupid numbskull ignoramus' & you see it every day, it would be stupid to allow yourself to be a psychological victim of it. that subtle ignorant discrimination, the kind that's probably unconscious & masquerades as it's opposite, now thats the truly insidious stuff

i don't know the OP from a bar of soap & my opinions are not in defense of this thread but just this discussion in general. we all have things we're sensitive about & it's hard as all hell to get by in the world if you don't fit societies pre defined role catagories. being annoyed at a 'prancing' guy may be motivated by ignorance & a discriminatory bent, if so then it's just more grunting from ignorant numbskulls that need not be taken seriously. but it also might not be & to lump it in the homophobic basket does not stimulate any kind of intelligent discussion of these issues that really do need to be discussed (intelligently).. i mean shit, to me, 98% at least, of all human behavior is annoying as fuck, not least corporate advertizing.

edited spelling