The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
BreakingBarrett

Barretts Bush Walks [PIC HEAVY]

Really beautiful photos, love the contrasting colours of the Australian outback. Feels a world away from the greyness here. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Yeah, it is quite amazing out here. I used to live in Sydney and it just doesn't compare to the wonderful colours you get out this way, especially sunrise and sunset. It's the whole reason my parents moved here. Dad is a landscape painter, he moved straight from America to the bush in the mid 70's and hasn't looked back. When you go out onto the stations around town there is this feeling of pure tranquility that you just can't find anywhere else.

Cool pics mate!

The plant you originally thought was an Argemone is Ornopordum acanthium - Scotch Thistle

• Like 2

The vine on the wall is Amazing - Looks like the wall of a Tuscan village scene or something - fantastic shots! I have a bark fascination, so the tree one is my favourite, I love a sunburnt country :)

• Like 1

Cool pics mate!

The plant you originally thought was an Argemone is Ornopordum acanthium - Scotch Thistle

Thank you for that :)

The bloody weeds identification website didn't list that as growing in this range, so I didn't come across it.

Hey cool man, you get some interesting weeds out in the arid country, natives also. I used to live in a similar area but in sa.

3 is a limonium i think, 4 may be a euphorbia, 5 looks like a baby mulga (a.anuera) 6 is opuntia (ficus indica i suppose), 15 is african boxthorn 16 is vitus sp. 33 is an eremophila maybe fraseri. edit: 24 is acacia victoriae, 30 looks along the lines of a. kempeana.

Edited by Micromegas
  • Like 1

24 is acacia victoriae

Cheers, yeah I was in two minds as to whether is was a.victoriae, as a.victoriae grows everywhere around here, but most specimen have thinner phyllodes. I've only come across a handful with the fatter phyllodes so far.

thumbs up from me too... i envy your walks.

• Like 1

Went on another walk today, just past the place I went from the last lot of photos.

Leaf curler

fw0mUhc.jpg

Landscapes

NlE2jSi.jpg

PYVyR9t.jpg

Cows; shortly after taking this photo the cows decided they would chase me haha.

rQLn7nM.jpg

Found myself a chair for a quick ciggie break

x3LFHSs.jpg

Everyone is welcome

XN31CsX.jpg

mud nest

xqJYdwO.jpg

These roos were nice enough to stop for a photo, the roo in the back had a joey in her pouch.

3ZOXlUA.jpg

Pretty flowers

akEcNtE.jpg

up4vWet.jpg

Couch??

Z6Y37bM.jpg

• Like 5

Cows; shortly after taking this photo the cows decided they would chase me haha.

rQLn7nM.jpg

Fukken paparazzi - get him

Love your work mate, awesome pics again

• Like 3

So I went out to a station called Mutooroo last Sunday. I just spent the day out there and got some good photos, mostly landscapes, so I thought I'd share them with you guys. I guess you wouldn't class these as a "bush walk" as I drove out there with my dad, but it's close enough. Also, luckily enough, it was a somewhat overcast day, keeping the temp below 30˚C. Otherwise, it probably would have been close to 40˚C and I got a bad enough sun burn on my left arm as is lol - kept it out of the car window for most of the day.

The majority of the photos were taken while driving, hence mostly landscape photos. The first 5 photos were from the drive out to the station, mostly near Cockburn.

VO6lULZ.jpg

gjZjLp7.jpg

wVZWz1s.jpg

aAE9Nvq.jpg

9ASl0wr.jpg

At this point we had gotten off the highway and were traveling along the dirt road out to Mutooroo.

A1nsYT7.jpg

tCFu2aE.jpg

zwbpMqJ.jpg

VELsTsm.jpg

Finally we arrived; we stopped in to say hello to Adam and Chrissy - owners of the station - though Adam was out in the plane checking the water dams, as it has been drying up really quickly out there and most of their dams have dried out.

Shearers quarters

lkggJbL.jpg

Adam flew past us and I managed to get a nice photo out of it.

HSpfbzy.jpg

vHRgjUz.jpg

Nr9mIdz.jpg

Stopped in at one of the little huts out on the property, which had a nice little marble collection.

4UPhrpj.jpg

NGn1Kfj.jpg

One of the other abandoned huts on the property.

fTsIXAz.jpg

9GVv0kb.jpg

sHptFcj.jpg

Binoes Gecko.

Z9yE8wN.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a telephoto lens, so this was the best quality I could obtain while taking photos of birds.

jF63QCX.jpg

We stopped in at the only dam to still have water left. It's about 25km from the property houses.

JYKEUV4.jpg

k0KCzqA.jpg

Scotch thistle.

CzCb3uB.jpg

Unsure as to what this plant is, so feel free to let me know what it is. I love the cracked clay/mud from the dried up dam.

e6H6bql.jpg

Found this guy at under a piece of tin that was out the front of another abandoned hut, that was half a click from the dam.

Bo97We7.jpg

WeBpm7e.jpg

Cheeky bugger, poking his tongue out :)

0OLFPYm.jpg

At this point it was about 5pm, so we decided to call it a day and head back home. These photos are from the drive back.

iVTtVvz.jpg

RJ8ReOY.jpg

FzIcfVv.jpg

5lgjOyh.jpg

Apologies for the size of this post, hopefully you enjoyed the photos :lol:

• Like 9

Hey BB,

Awesome journey across the plains - thanks for posting these pics. I think your mystery plant might be a Cestrum.. Possibly C. parqui..

Pls keep posting your adventures.

Hey BB,

Awesome journey across the plains - thanks for posting these pics. I think your mystery plant might be a Cestrum.. Possibly C. parqui..

Pls keep posting your adventures.

Cheers Tarenna, glad you enjoy the photos :)

That would make sense that it is a Cestrum as there were much larger plants with flowers about 10m metres from these small flowerless plants. Seeing as there were only large and small versions, without medium sized plants, I didn't realise they were the same plant. Here is a pic of the flowers from one of the taller plants near by.

9LMzYIV.jpg

Edited by BreakingBarrett

love your photos Mate, I'm not a photographer but it seems to be paradise out there if you are one. No wonder your Dad went there as an artist. I've been toying with the idea of doing a tour out west and you have reinforced that idea. Good stuff, post more please. The last pic looks like the introduced tobacco Nicotiana glauca but I could be wrong of course. Cheers

Love that barren empty country out there, it's like the end of the world. Thanks for sharing.

That plant is Argentinian Tree Tobacco, Nicotiana glauca it's a weed all through that country and all over the world actually with similar climates.

you have a beautiful eye bb.

is it ok to ask to see some of pops work?

either way not to worry tis a beautiful thing you have with the sharing and nature thing.

thankyou

Great photos mate. I live in Victoria but have been out to outback SA many times, mainly the Flinders Ranges and surrounds. Looking at your shots takes me back there for a few moments, without the flies!! I love old ruined houses as well as all the flora, fauna and landscapes generally. Can't wait to get back, when it has cooled off!

• Like 1

WOW awesome photography and beautiful photos

Cheers for sharing...keep em coming :)

• Like 1

Truly Beautiful scenery out round the Hill! Mate keep the shots rolling in :)