The Corroboree
shonman

Profitable plants

Willow...hmmm....

"7. Willows. This trouble-free tree is easy to grow and maintain, and the shoots, also called rods, and catkins enjoy a strong demand. Florists use the stems for arrangements and wreaths, and crafters use the shoots for basketry and other fiber arts, such as garden trellises and rustic willow furniture. A recent University of Kentucky report found growers could harvest 4-5 tons of willow shoots per acre, which bring $7 a pound from basket weavers. That works out to $56,000 per acre."

http://www.profitableplantsdigest.com/10-most-profitable-specialty-crops-to-grow/

• Like 2

Plus you can use willow bark to obtain a natural rooting hormone for all your cuttings of other plants :)

• Like 1

Farm some Kakadu plum & market it as the next 'superfruit' & price it like the acai mob do.

• Like 1

Hmm....'Superfruit'........what kind of costume would he wear....what would his special powers be?

They all seem to wear tights.....I just can't see wearing them, myself....

Edited by shonman
  • Like 2

Ha, specials powers are the annihilation of those evil ringworms & wears a disguise like this -

billygoat

• Like 1

kava kava

• Like 1

^ I reckon that's prolly a little higher than usual for being organic...but I garlic just doesn't weigh much does it? Wouldn't a kilo would be fuckload of garlic?

I dunno I always just buy the cheap imported bags of it unfortunately, joys of being poor

lol....just seen ya post bullit....yep ifs its good it will fetch....

Good garlic has a bit of weight....its heavier than the hokey chinese shit... I punch out a lot of kg :wink:

• Like 1

Here are a couple more...

Goldenseal root

Ginseng, I probably already mentioned...it is an obvious one, but difficult in some ways

Kava kava ( like Bullit said)

And, surprisingly...'anthuriums' which we used to call 'boy flowers' in our garden as kids....

Edited by shonman

Maybe toothache plant? I know I'd certainly pay for some of that herbage right about now (if I had money) :slap:

Which plant is that, the toothache plant?

Vellly Intellesting......

I see it also helps stammering, and is good in salads too!

Hmm......wonder what the market might be for this....

Goldenseal.......looking really good!

"The biggest success is Sego's organic goldenseal.

It's still worth $40 a pound or more, or several hundred thousand dollars a year to Sego. "

http://www.oregonlive.com/clark-county/index.ssf/2010/09/goldenseal_pays_off_for_la_centers_segos