The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DiscoStu

why do tree's rule?

because there's no such thing as "sexy" to a tree.

• Like 2

Trees rule because.....they can live for sooooo long.

Trees rule because ....there are no two the same.

Trees rule because...they make great tree houses.

Trees rule because....they they hold hammocks and swings.

Trees rule because....they have many uses like providing oxygen, heat , shelter, and medicine.

Trees just rule !!! :)

• Like 3

trees rule because they show you just cause to keep existing...........that and when (as a kid ) you carve some initials into her arm, she grows around it - although i only ever carved my initials into a dunny door...never the tree.

• Like 2

:wub: trees :wub:

• Like 3

Trees rule as they provide us with so much beauty. so many of most favourite memories are of being in parks or forests.

they are archetypal, and alchemical.

but remember their trues master exist in the ground, microbes and fungi turning over nutrients, without whom they wouldnt be possible ....

(so really mushrooms rule ...)

• Like 4

Trees rule becuase they show us every part of the process is important. Nothing in our past should be reflected upon with shame, becuase just like the tree grows new branches, we grow new ideas and theories, we reach for the stars just as they do.

I love looking at a tree and envisioning the stationary journey that has brought it to the current point of splendor,

Every little twig and leaf is vital, and shows us the importance of our past, what we have been through to get to here.

Just like a metaphor for our own patterns of existence, the stages of life that made us who we are, every branch once provided the tree with its sustainenece. Every leaf that falls decomposes into the soil (with the vital assistance of fungi(community?)) and forms the compost to nourish new growth, new ideas, new patterns.

We are like trees, except sometimes we are not very good at taking a leaf out of their book and respecting ourselves, the earth we grow upon and the journey that has made us.. And we get to walk around too. Trees dance in one spot.

• Like 10

Trees cannot move, so in order to exert influence they have to wait. Trees are silent until the wind blows on them. Even as quiet and still as this, they still become kings of the forest. Trees overcome by enduring.

Trees encapsulate decay, growing additional layers of structure around weaknesses and defects. If you want to put a positive spin on that, trees over time make mistakes and failures into part of their structure.

But do we really have to understand? It's not for nothing that the druids used to worship trees, perhaps sensing how ancient they are.

• Like 4

Trees Rule

541974_162992417162223_1466119676_n-2.jp

Trees, store love energy and can give it back to us, when we are deficient.

• Like 4

We don't have any virgin woods around here , they have all been rooted!

lol!

have you slept in the virgin woods?..................and heard their song at twilight?

• Like 4

Because they don't have to rule anything, they just are.

• Like 2

tree's are awesome for so many reasons but probably the number one reason is that, like the way the southern cross constellation has been hijacked by racist nationalists, as a symbol they have been hijacked by extremely annoying hippies, they are still incredible & aren't half bad for a hug from time to time

^ ah I see what you did there :lol:

Trees rule because they have mastered both worlds. The world of light and the world of dark.

They are extra dimensional beings, meaning they have access to dimensions higher and lower than our own.

post-13488-0-39604600-1386582624_thumb.j

post-13488-0-39604600-1386582624_thumb.jpg

post-13488-0-39604600-1386582624_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

^ That was an avatar of mine once (not here). Its a neat image. Be nice as a wall hanging, or cushion, or a panel on a door, or anywhere hey?!

• Like 1

Trees rule because they eat the transformed post-holocene decay of primates that overdosed on transformed post-carboniferous decay of trees!

HAMLET

"A man may fish with a worm that hath eat of a king, and eat of the fish that hath fed of that worm." - Wm. Shakes.

"What will happen in the morning when the world it gets so crowded that you can't look out the window in the morning?" - Nick Drake, Hazy Jane

Edited by gwalchgwyn
  • Like 2

Trees rule because they collect & store information from the universe in the form of photons/other non-atomic particles & present them to us.

Edited by Leaves
  • Like 3

Bee's love tree's.

Edited by MikeyMagic
  • Like 2

I know trees "rule" because they exist in an apparent near perfect harmony with their environment. They are both takers and givers within an ecosystem that thrives on a kind of interspecies communion that is nothing short of majestic. Their only agenda as far as I can extrapolate is to grow deep and tall and reproduce and I would gather to be sure they do not unbalance the equation that keeps them thriving. Trees "rule" because they don't horde resources for profit and they don't design technologies to manipulate and control their fellows. Trees do not charge an interest rate or tax the planet for the transfer of carbon dioxide to oxygen and they don't demand rent from the creatures that seek shelter from them. Whether anyone thinks its nonsense or not a human being can commune with the trees and learn a great many things about themselves and their surroundings. Trees "rule" because they have no desire to rule but rather exist amongst a great many species and elements that all conspire together to make the magic we call home.

Ironically trees have given me the truest indication of what it means to be free.

Edited by AnthromorphicGerbil
  • Like 2