The Corroboree
mutant

Cannabis abuse and nihilism

Also, I would like to go a bit off-topic with a comment directed at all those who are getting upset with mutant's responses, an urge for you to examine your own motivations for getting involved in this thread in the first place. Because while he may not have always been polite in his comments (and a few seem to be based on misunderstandings), there is a lot of truth in them as well.

I can't help but think of those people that get offended when their "charitable" deeds are not praised and rewarded. Say you give a beggar a dollar, and instead of thanking you profusely, he insults you and stalks away. Do you get offended? If so, why? What were you expecting? Did you really give him the dollar to help him out? Well, if that's the case, then he's got the money, you should be content. But you're not content, are you? Because it wasn't truly a selfless act, it was a social interaction where you expected something in return - a pat on the head, a bit of grovelling thanks perhaps. And when you don't get something for your money/effort, you feel cheated. I liked Robert Heinlein's thoughts on the topic:

Beware of altruism. It is based on self-deception, the root of all evil.

If tempted by something that feels "altruistic," examine your motives and root out that self-deception. Then, if you still want to do it, wallow in it!

Of all the nonsense that twists the world, the concept of 'altruism' is the worst. People do what they want to, every time. If it pains them, to make a choice- if the 'choice' looks like a 'sacrifice' -- you can be sure that it is no nobler than the discomfort caused by greediness...

Yes, I truly am this cynical. :)

• Like 3

Help who? In what way? I'll admit that I skimmed bits, but it seemed to be an article about some kind of Gaian theory linked with a fairly common take on reincarnation:

"You have a concept in your world known as natural selection. Even now God's programme is selecting the best of everything for a re-embodiment. Before, however, there was not much to choose from. Now it is showing a multifold increase. Whoever builds a domain with love will be reincarnated again and again.

"Whatever interferes with them will disappear from the Earth forever, giving way to the birth of a new civilisation."

In other words, only those who embrace our beliefs will have life everlasting...sound familiar? Can I ask who you believed that this might help? Because if you're trying to convert me, I think I made my thoughts on "higher powers" pretty clear.

Well Anodyne, what can I say man? Thank you for speaking your opinion, which seems closer to where I am coming from.

I want to note this: dont over-hype the limiting the use , limiting to night, yep it required some will, yeah it works, but hey I am not a hero here... Doing a 3 day off would be the real challange for my friend, but he will stick to this schedule before attempting...

Leaves link, reminds me of another similar post in this thread and many more in similar threads.

Its the:

go to the guru

read a self-helf book

go to the shrink

do exercise

well these all might have helped some people,

but

" you talking to me? "

and they seem so surface - I mean we're really talking here - we're far from exchanging links...

PS: I didnt even check the link, anodyne's review did it for me. I am an atheist btw...

PS2: I did I tell you how funny I find it that psychedelic theists know so much about new-wave hippy shit , but have no clue about astrology?

• Like 1

Anodyne, I just meant the DNA imprinting of seeds for healing. That's all, sorry it offended you, I was in a rush. I have seen plenty of people with similar problems & the DNA imprinting just worked for them. I thought in the off chance it might help Mutant's buddy that it wouldn't hurt.

I read plenty of books on astrology but I can't see how that makes any difference anyway, 2 different things, in fact the Vedruss are against astrology. Arkaim, in the Southern Ural steppe is a 40,000 year old astronomical observatory & city, not really related to the new age astrology.

Edited by Leaves

what is 'new-wave astrology' ? I am only into natal astrology. interesting , about arkaim, what I meant is I find it funny for psychedelic theists to believe in spirits and new age stuff and not believe astrology.. I dont know what category you fit in, but I am very sceptic about anything, like most atheists, and had to do lots of research to 'accept' astrology myself

ok I saw the link...

"Timeless Vedic wisdom understands the seed as physician and the tree as an organic antenna - a collector of cosmic energy for the single purpose of powering the human heart and spirit."

the trees exist for the sole purpose of powering us arrogant humans? they lost me there... So much for the 1.45 Hz frequency....

cheers

Well actually I’m from Northern Victoria, so you should probably be wishing my plants dry out from the hot semi-arid climate, lol. I’m SunChaser, locked myself out of my old account to stop being a bong rat loser who does nothing else in my spare time but sit here on the laptop wasting my life. Probably filled in that climate section wrong.

Anyway, I don’t give a shit if you take my advice or not. But the fact is if you listen to the verbal hippy shit vegetarium is spitting, you’ll be back in the exact same position within a month or two smoking your whole life away. If you truly have a true desire to become a better person then you have to toughen up and change your whole frame of mind, as hard as it is to here mate it’s the only way. No half arsed measures will do and there are no short cuts to break such an ingrained destructive habit.

If you’ve smoked erb for even half as long as I have or love the stuff even half as much as I do, then the only way you will ever stop being a slave to it is by cutting off all your supplies and walking away from it forever, that’s just the reality of the situation. Whether you stop smoking it for a week or even a year, it doesn’t matter. Once you hit that shit again you’ll be back to where you started, not being able to enjoy anything without being stoned within a month or two.

I’ve gone though all these half arsed measures time and time again, quitting for a week here, month there and a year over there, trying to be a smart cunt thinking I can just lose my tolerance and then be able to control my habit and only smoke at night or on the weekends, but every time it just goes the same way, I eventually wake up one morning packing that bong and blowing that smoke out before I’ve even done my morning piss and then it hits me, I’ve just done a full fucking circle straight back into this same old position. Smoking my whole life away losing the only person I ever loved, losing all respect from my family and just letting every opportunity I’ve ever had just past me by.

Maybe your situation is different, but like I said, if you love cannabis half as much as I do and have smoked it for half as long as I have, then I doubt your situation is that much different. But at the end of the day, most of us have to do that full circle over and over again till it finally hits home right? Just being told rarely ever gets though.

LOL!!! If this is the person quitting erb will turn me into, IM NEVER QUITTING!!! :P

Well if you cut erb out of your life completely to the point of not hanging around people who toke, im sorry to say, its still got you by the balls. Its STILL controlling your life!!!

• Like 2

Anodyne, I just meant the DNA imprinting of seeds for healing. That's all, sorry it offended you, I was in a rush.

Not offended, just confused. All good mate. :)

LOL!!! If this is the person quitting erb will turn me into, IM NEVER QUITTING!!! :P

Well if you cut erb out of your life completely to the point of not hanging around people who toke, im sorry to say, its still got you by the balls. Its STILL controlling your life!!!

Well actually mate, not smoking has never made me a different person.

I’m a prick either way and have no regrets. Only thing that changes when I’m not smoking is I eat less pizza and more health food, spend less time on my arse watching feebleminded tv shows and more time lifting weights and doing push ups, Start looking far more healthy and my eyes go from a dark dull blue, to a bright sky blue. Oh and my general confidence goes from non-existent, to feeling like I can take on the whole world. But that’s just me, each to there own and everyone’s different (apparently).

Can’t say I’ve had to try to cut anyone out of my life either, it's kinda just come naturally. These days when I’m at work and see those dudes walking around the place, working like there half retarded, looking like they ain’t slept in a month, with dumb arsed smiles on there face and dopey glassy eyes, mumbling shit thinking there smart cunts who can handle there shit and that nobody has any idea there smashed, I just can’t help but think to myself; “you little piss weak dopey pathetic drug addict MF, can’t believe I used to be one of you people”.

But why would I bother typing out this post? Any opinion I have has usually already been summed up nicely in a song by the second biggest legend on earth with aspergers.

http://youtu.be/xj79puvCQiE

Care to give us an update mutant? How's the progress? Very pleased to see you've cut down and the high is better when you do smoke, just like I said. Wait till you get to the point of going days without it - those are the BEST :)

just got an update from my friend.....

Hmmm well I fucked it up a bit the last 5 days...

it all started last Saturday, we were doing this mushroom presentation (PPT presentation, a table with live specimens ID'ed and free-mushroom soup) in a restaurant of a friend which is located outside town....

and I found the first psilocybes of the season that day. couple beers, some shrooms, then went on drinking and then home to watch sopranos... anyways, me watching sopranos can get really extensive, like seeing 13 episodes per day (I am at the end of season 5 now) , but I mean what 'day', I skipped one day like that in the week, didn't sleep just went on with watching 1.5 season of soprano in a prolonged double day.

I had noticed that when I skip a day while smoking, the tolerance get really high up. This time too.

Anyways, I am going to pick mushrooms now and there's a couple wild parties and the like at the weekend.

I will start over the night shift from monday, as I do have lots of practical stuff to organise

maybe its good idea for him to update, here I mean... its some kind of good-willed control...

Mutant

Your friend is abusing substances and sounds like he is in control. Whatever you feel about my comment i don't really care. Your friend if he wants to stop doing something he should stop doing it. After he makes the decision to stop bask in all the following emotions feelings and thoughts he has for however long they happen. For self control will be one of his first lessons. For stopping substance abuse is an experience, a lesson on its own. If he thinks there is an easy way then he is wrong. That is what life is. To experience and work through things. If you want to be a doctor you must learn, if you want to be spiritual you must learn, if you want to stop substance abuse you must learn.

Love you all !!

• Like 1

Well actually mate, not smoking has never made me a different person.

I’m a prick either way and have no regrets. Only thing that changes when I’m not smoking is I eat less pizza and more health food, spend less time on my arse watching feebleminded tv shows and more time lifting weights and doing push ups, Start looking far more healthy and my eyes go from a dark dull blue, to a bright sky blue. Oh and my general confidence goes from non-existent, to feeling like I can take on the whole world. But that’s just me, each to there own and everyone’s different (apparently).

Can’t say I’ve had to try to cut anyone out of my life either, it's kinda just come naturally. These days when I’m at work and see those dudes walking around the place, working like there half retarded, looking like they ain’t slept in a month, with dumb arsed smiles on there face and dopey glassy eyes, mumbling shit thinking there smart cunts who can handle there shit and that nobody has any idea there smashed, I just can’t help but think to myself; “you little piss weak dopey pathetic drug addict MF, can’t believe I used to be one of you people”.

But why would I bother typing out this post? Any opinion I have has usually already been summed up nicely in a song by the second biggest legend on earth with aspergers.

http://youtu.be/xj79puvCQiE

I just have to mention that you truly show how valuable you are to these people when you talk shit about how you judge other peoples universes "Piss weak dopey pathetic drug addict MF"(sic) then quote eminem...

• Like 1

I just have to mention that you truly show how valuable you are to these people when you talk shit about how you judge other peoples universes "Piss weak dopey pathetic drug addict MF"(sic) then quote eminem...

Hahahahahaha. Yesssss. Some people aren't interested in helping, they just want to feel better about themselves by comparison.

"Look how strong and smart I am, I'm not a drug addict like you folks! Now excuse me I need to go down to Mcdonalds and laugh at the fatties, I can't wait for them to see how in shape I am! After that it's off to the HIV ward to show off my bangin T cell count"

fuckin americans man what can you do

just cannot understand philosophy + depth, some people

tbc

Pot's a recreational drug. Tell your friend to get off his lazy ass and make a positive contribution to society, then smoke weed in his free time. :wink:

Pot is obviously not the problem at the core of your friends wellbeing.

• Like 2

^^^^ hahaha cant wait to see the retaliation to this truth!

edit; just realised your talking about the second eminem song I embedded, forgot about that. lol. Anyway, what are you talking about judging other peoples universes? I spent half my life getting smashed at work, it's my universe too. Though, I still ain't sorry for saying what I think about dumb shit I used to do, hence why I embedded the eminem song I guess!

Hahahahahaha. Yesssss. Some people aren't interested in helping, they just want to feel better about themselves by comparison.

"Look how strong and smart I am, I'm not a drug addict like you folks! Now excuse me I need to go down to Mcdonalds and laugh at the fatties, I can't wait for them to see how in shape I am! After that it's off to the HIV ward to show off my bangin T cell count"

I swear you remind me of a drug councilor. A whole lot of theories and misinformation, but in reality no real world experience or any real idea of what you’re talking about. I've been a very heavy cannabis smoker since I was 13 and used to always whine and moan about how hard cannabis was to quit. I used to get extremely depressed, nausea & couldn't eat or sleep properly for 2 weeks after. Then one day I realised I just needed to grow some balls and deal with it, now I can quit without any withdrawal symptoms at all, except for a slight disturbance in my sleep pattern. Simple frame of mind and determination works wonders for me, how would I not be helping by sharing what works for me. Fact is anyway, I could tell by how the post was written that he had no desire to quit or even slow down, just wanted to whine about how hard he has it and get people to talk about him.

fuckin americans man what can you do

just cannot understand philosophy + depth, some people

tbc

For the second time mutant, I ain’t American. Why would liking eminem make me American? With all the years you’ve spent on an Australian forum I would have thought you would have learnt something about Australian culture. But obviously like most Greeks your so absorbed in your own ego your completely oblivious to everything going on around you except yourself.

Edit: Don't won't to sound racist, but if you can give it then you should be able to take it!

Edited by Subaeruginosin

Ask yourself......" What is my goal in quitting?"

Also,

I would think the alcohol use would be something to cut out, first.

• Like 1

botanika

Pot's a recreational drug.

well thats shallow. its so much more than this. Stating pot is a recreational drug is like saying psilocybin is a drug for seeing weird things.

also , all people use all kinds of drugs like recreational drugs, so drugs are what we make'em to be. For a pothead, pot is no recreation, but a way of life.

Tell your friend to get off his lazy ass and make a positive contribution to society

do you care if I care to make positive contribution in society?

and btw how do you know I am not already contributing?

dont political beliefs about society and what "positive contribution" to society is play a part in this discussion?

I am sure that for the extreme wings, political murders are a positive contribution to society, no?

btw which are YOUR political beliefs botanika? all in all this has to do with politics no drugs

then smoke weed in his free time. :wink:

well thats the problem!! I got lots and lots of free time, in fact all of my time is FREE. Even though I get to make money from my gardening and mushroom picking activities (even making seminars on mushroom hunting) I got so much fucking spare time. Hell I am even having a thrill when I 'work' in the forest picking! Actually I am working in my free time, this is quaite accurate.

OK, I understand you all might be jealous, but are you sure I am lazy? I thought so about myself in the past, but not any more. I am not a workaholic, thats for sure. I feel pity for workaholics actually.

you know a great way to tell a great person IMO? what he tells to "younger souls" , this is very indicative of what he is.

When people get married , have kids, they sure miss the days of freedom and no obligations and all. IMO a great person is one that is understandable of all aspects of life, even those who dont get married, and does not condemn what is different to him, what is young and childish, just because he is getting older and going on with his life (family kids and stuff)

Pot is obviously not the problem at the core of your friends wellbeing.

well that is interesting. I agree. what is it? is it me being lazy?

oxijex >

thanks. self control has a lot to do it in my occasion. My hedonism probably so, as well...

doublebenno>>>

hahaha cant wait to see the retaliation to this truth!

retaliation huh , no-lifer? you just made yrself the target, actually I like botanika, but I have no idea who you are

so how do you think of this truth fucker : get a fucking life, you have only contributed one-linners adding nothing to the discussion. Actually your contribution to the thread has been equivalent to the watcher of a reality show. you vote like you're watching a football match.

fucking idiot, I even speak your fucking native language better than you.

you think you can use words against me? I fucked up no-lifers in the ass with words since I was 12 y.o. How old are you fucker?

insult me with one live of words and its coming to your mother's house 10 times as strong!

is that lazy? I dont think so, only a bit narcissist and egoist.

I'm sorry.

Bye

Sub:

I spent half my life getting smashed at work, it's my universe too.

nice to hear that, I hope to spend the rest of it picking up the pieces, like you seemingly do.

you know there's something inherently wrong with people who try to give advice on a subject/problem they obviously have not overcome themselves. Or they do it exactly because of that, hidden and unsolved complexes of their own and feelings of loss. And even if they had totally overcome the problem themselves, what idiot offers "insults" instead of insight? what great advice is that , when its not taking into account the subject's point of view ?

Obviously, the person in question has had bad time trying to quit cannabis and is trying to project this on me. I am worthless piece of shit, only because I have not gone through the suffering he did.

Well in my book it doesn't get much lower than this.

I've been a very heavy cannabis smoker since I was 13 and used to always whine and moan about how hard cannabis was to quit. I used to get extremely depressed, nausea & couldn't eat or sleep properly for 2 weeks after.

very glad to hear that too. I think it serves you right, especially coming here and claiming how awesome you are, when its clear that's not the case..

lol "couldn't eat & sleep for 2 weeks" , good god, that explains all the hatred, I feel much better now!

now I am sure your attack was due to 'jealousy complexes" mostly.

I never had any serious withdrawls symptoms.

I never really tried to quit cannabis. I dont think its that hard to quit, except you manage to reach extreme levels of intake, and then again, it always depends on the individual. At the end most are forced to quit, they dont decide that for themselves one day...

I never whined about quitting being hard, nor that I managed to bring myself into the situation. I know many people that were forced to quit. That doesn't count for quitting own will though. I also know many people (most people are like that) that smoke occasionaly, and they dont care to smoke more.

Simple frame of mind and determination works wonders for me, how would I not be helping by sharing what works for me.

that's the first time I hear this: the helper gets to evaluate the help/helping , not the helped

lol

Fact is anyway, I could tell by how the post was written that he had no desire to quit or even slow down,

well I have a desire to slow down, but lets skip that part... well genious you were not the only one to notice that I did not state I wanna quit. so why did you come at me telling me to quit, if your genious figured out I dont want to?

just wanted to whine about how hard he has it

wut? how hard I have it? have what?

and boy, I never whine, I only cry out loud

and get people to talk about him.

yes, you're right on this one. so what's the problem. I wanted people to talk to me about the situation I described to them, and not about some imagined situation, or some projected situation. Especially I didn't not expect people who were forced to quit cannabis (I know lots of them) attack me because I am still using because I tried to communicate my situation.

At the end of the day, my goal in creating an interesting discussion is archieved. I got people to talk to me and about me.

what did you aim man?

maybe to prove what an awesome guy you are, compared to me , the weak attention whore.

who do you think won?

did you prove yourself to be a cool dude, or a neurotic one ?

whatever the case, you attacked the wrong dog... and you're going to get it harder each time you show up in here...

I would accept an apology though

For the second time mutant, I ain’t American.

well you're a bitter dude that's for sure . Maybe you should start using again?

I dont give a fuck where you are from. and by the way I think its against the rules to indicate the wrong location and zone.

so fix it or leave it blank

Why would liking eminem make me American?

lol, idiot... fuck eminem

With all the years you’ve spent on an Australian forum I would have thought you would have learnt something about Australian culture.

so I should have guessed you're australian, even though you indicate USA ?!?? because of the sub reference?

but thats cool anyways.

I find much american elements in australian society. It could be said that australia is a USA wannabe.

you got some of the same symptoms

But obviously like most Greeks your so absorbed in your own ego

fuck greeks. they would only wish they would be "absorbed in their own ego"

your completely oblivious to everything going on around you except yourself.

lol, ok, mr sensitive guy, you totally convinced us!!

Edit: Don't won't to sound racist, but if you can give it then you should be able to take it!

will you stop projecting.. ? well hear this, so as to prove I am not a racist

fuck americans, fuck australians, fuck greeks

only the weak need to protect themselves from a label.

PS: For what it's worth I like OZ and NZ

• Like 1