The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bullit

native?? id pleaz!!!

oi help me with this 1 cheers :devil: awesum niteshade lookin flower! thanx......

Hi, I want to say this is a brachychiton of some kind but not sure where you are located so no idea about species, maybe bidwillii. Also I cannot see the flower from the right angle.

• Like 2

Hi, I want to say this is a brachychiton of some kind but not sure where you are located so no idea about species, maybe bidwillii. Also I cannot see the flower from the right angle.

hey bro, i am from the sunnycoast hinterland i was thinkin it was a brach of sum sort?? do these pic help cheers

Those are the same photos! Hahaha...

I am going to take a guess at b.bidwillii - http://asgap.org.au/b-bidw.html

It's highly variable, but it more or less fits the bill. There may be a variety of brachychitons in that region.

• Like 1

it is a brachychiton but i don't know which variety

Those are the same photos! Hahaha...

I am going to take a guess at b.bidwillii - http://asgap.org.au/b-bidw.html

It's highly variable, but it more or less fits the bill. There may be a variety of brachychitons in that region.

hahaah i am a stupid cunt aye :o

Looks like it could be Lacebark - Brachychiton discolor - http://plantnet.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/NSWfl.pl?page=nswfl&lvl=sp&name=Brachychiton~discolor

Lacebark occurs in drier types of rainforest - it has a really distinctive trunk with shallow vertical furrows.

There are at least 4 Brachychiton spp. in your region (possibly 5 or 6 depending on precisely how far from the coast you have been looking)...

• Like 1

its growing wild in my backyard gunna go down and grab a leaf and look @ the trunk...

Looks like Brachychiton bidwillii. They have no thickened or caudiciform trunk and is a smallish tree or shrublike. The flowers look right and the occurrence matches the distribution.

• Like 2

Are the leaves rough like sandpaper fig? or smooth like brachychiton.

Stem looks like ficus sp. ????

Native Hibiscus has palmate leaves, but I think you are on the money with brachychiton bidwillii

I will keep an eye out for it as I live on the Sunshine Coast too.

• Like 1