The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigred

Proof rabbits can fly

sally, that one was an animation from an up and coming company

lol this has evolved into a dark birds of prey thread

i saw a wedge tailed eagle destroy a duck directly in front of me a few years back. so cool.

theres was also a story i always heard years ago of a neighbors jack russell that got taken by a wedgy.. there is a lot of them around my place, we see them quite often on the ground up close eating road kill, but that swooping duck attack was the coolest i've seen. it didn't grab it straight away, but smashed it, the duck went cartwheeling, feathers flying & the wedgy then hopped along until it finally jumped on it, drove it's talons in & flew off, half hour later i drove up the hill to do some work & saw it sitting on a log ripping the duck apart..

once when when going for a surf, walking along the beach, we could see a fish on the beach a few meters ahead of us, next thing we knew a sea eagle swooped down at high speed & pick it up, on the wing, again right bloody in front of us, no more than a few meters away! so fucking cool! it must have dropped it or something & thought we were about to nick off with it's breakfast, so got in there just in time..

another time wasn't an attack but once i walked up to the point of this headland on the coast through the scrub, i got near the edge & saw there was a sea eagle sitting in the branch of a small tree right on the edge, i snuck up behind it until it was less than a meter away from me. i could have patted it, obviously i didn't, i just stood & watched it in awe as it slowly moved its head back & forth scanning the sea for prey. eventually it turned it's head around far enough to glimpse me out of the corner of it's eye, the poor thing, i've never seen anything look so startled, i felt bad, but that was such a cool experience!

that is one lucky baby, full on!

I saw a hawk get a pigeon in my backyard a few years ago.

I was watching the pigeon through my kitchen window and then the hawk dropped vertically on top of it and smashed the fuck out of it. There was a puff of feathers that were thrown up by the impact and then the hawk waddled around for about two seconds to get a good grip and then it flew away with it.