The Corroboree
waterboy 2.0

Edible/Medicinal culture seeking thread

I did about 50 clone plates yesterday of a variety of oysters and a few others. If they take and I can isolate Ill send them out no worries. Just takes time :)

Awesome! thanks :)

Hey,

I am looking for tropical edible species. I currently have white oyster and shiitake plates (which I'm happy to trade) and soon I will have calocybe indica, reishi, blue oyster and maybe a few more.

I am really keen to grow a wide variety of heat tolerant shrooms, would anyone be able to help me? I'm happy to share all my cultures of course. anything native even better!

Ok so king stroph and l.nuda for w

king oyster for red

l.nuda waterboy strain for water boy.

give me two weeks and should be good. Just make sure they go ok.

• Like 1

Still keen on Phoenix Oyster, Resihi, Lions mane & Turkey Tail.

I have Shiitake S75 to trade if anyone wants it.

Since I'm still new to mycology correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't master slants be a great way to store and trade cultures?

They seem like a great idea - small, compact, can do a heap at once, easy to store in the fridge etc.

I've used them before for a yeast bank for beer brewing, and used PolyPropylene ones so have reused them over and over, so in the end they're very cheap too.

What do folks think?

• Like 1

I don't mind -can work with either - just use plates for ease of quick transfers.

worowa - your agrocybe aeg. strain is impressive. Very quick to recover and fast to colonize.

• Like 1

It is very resilient, can dry out on agar plates for over a year, then take off as soon as it hits moist agar.

It is the skinny stemmed variety...I'd like to get the fat stemmed variety if any one has one.

Tried it on eucalypt or other woods? I have alder and poplar chips but would love to see how it goes on natives.

I mainly use mixed eucy, all species I've tried grow on it, some, like Pioppino aren't particularly abundant on eucy, but they still grow and fruit. Try a side by side with Poplar-I will when I get some Poplar.

• Like 1

I've got some white poplar logs and mulch so I'll try that and eucy and sweet pittostorum (spelling?)

still waiting on king stroph otherwise good to go.

Still keen on Phoenix Oyster, Resihi, Lions mane & Turkey Tail.

I have Shiitake S75 to trade if anyone wants it.

Since I'm still new to mycology correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't master slants be a great way to store and trade cultures?

They seem like a great idea - small, compact, can do a heap at once, easy to store in the fridge etc.

I've used them before for a yeast bank for beer brewing, and used PolyPropylene ones so have reused them over and over, so in the end they're very cheap too.

What do folks think?

sorry when I replied I meant to say I just use plates nit that you should. Its entirely up to you mate.

Anyone got a Nameko-Pholiota nameko?

Just read it might be a good companion for grapes and Aronias.

• Like 1

You never got one off me? A few people should have it...

Check it out! I knew I had made a post about Agrocybe aegerita somewhere. Feb 2007!, We were just boys... But now... men.

Edit : oops the link

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13283&hl=grow#entry122712http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13283&hl=grow#entry122712

Edited by watertrade
  • Like 2

You never got one off me? A few people should have it...

I don't think so, but crikey, that was a fantastic collection of edibles you had. I wish I was more organised, I couldn't keep up with that many cultures back in the day.

I ve got a plate floating around. Can send you a wedge if your still after the nameko.

• Like 4

altenate

I ve got a plate floating around. Can send you a wedge if your still after the nameko.

I have just returned from Europe and bought some of these from a supermarket which we then had in a soup they are delicious,

if you still have any plates avail id love to get one I have a few cultures to trade or am happy to fork out some cash if required.

Any requests for edible plates?.

I need to reslant my collection over the next few weeks/months so I am happy to make up a few plates as well.....

Can also do dowels for applicable species.

Its time to check whats viable & whats not....

This will be an ongoing project so it may take me a a bit of time.....

Ive just rejigged my work space & have a little bit of time ....(finally)

Ive got a few varieties floating around.

Mainly Pleutorious, ganodermas, shiitakes, Calocybes, Enoki, Hericium, etc etc.

Original stock came from a trusted member & has been successful (generally) & viable.

Apologies to those that didnt get viability. Hence the reculturing & cleaning up....

Pm me if interested or requests. I will see if I have it....

Happy to trade or whatever...

• Like 3

Agaricus bisporus anyone? Or something similar?

Any other agaricus esp suited to a humid / warm climate???

Looking for a plate as a gift to an old & very good friend who has expressed an interest as he can't find in his area & don't have the time to make one!

Have a few things to trade. I kinda need this quickly though.....

Thanks

G'day folks,
I have some Resihi plates about 80% colonised if anyone is interested?
I'm looking to expand my culture library, would love anything that grows well in subtropics (Gold Coast hinterland).
Would really love to try lions mane, enoki, oysters, chicken of the woods, hen of the woods, turkey tail, phoenix oyster, and various other oysters.

Shrooman

• Like 1

I would love reishi or any easy to grow mushroom in brisbane weather plus grow on wood. I have tried shittake spooning with not much success, so appreciate some plugs for the woods too :D. I have plenty of logs to try different types of mushrooms. Welcome to email me and tell me your price. Thanks