The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Francois le Danque

Hotmail/outlook/mindrape

clarification: you said i won't be providing them with more information, which is true, but making a new account will give them more money, which i don't want, because i don't like supporting companies whose practices i do not agree with. that is all

Is this request for a log-in phone number another way for them to monitor us ?

I'm not very computer savvy myself , but clearly the sites I visit are being recorded [ by someone's software ] because shortly after I visit a commercial site to check out merchandise , I am bombarded with similar product advertising next time I use the computer .

Work recently changed from an own email system to google mail and one of their requirements were a 2 stage security process. Second stage consists of one every 30 days or whenever you change from the computer you nominate as main google will send out an SMS with a secondary password.

All sweet for the monkeys at corporate that have company provided mobiles but for the rest of us that don't they suggested we provide our personal mobile numbers.

Got a big fat no from union and workers alike, mainly because we are banned from using our mobiles while on the floor for safety reasons but also from privacy reasons.

Took much satisfaction in telling the manager who told me to just use my own number exactly where he could stick that idea, especially since he filenoted me just the week before for checking my phone....now he all of a sudden wanted me to forget that ever happened and use it to get access to work emails.

Is this request for a log-in phone number another way for them to monitor us ?

I'm not very computer savvy myself , but clearly the sites I visit are being recorded [ by someone's software ] because shortly after I visit a commercial site to check out merchandise , I am bombarded with similar product advertising next time I use the computer .

Check out this link, the link in the top right of that page will give you more details.

The links at the bottom of the page could be a revelation for a lot of people too.

http://donttrack.us/

Check out this link, the link in the top right of that page will give you more details.

The links at the bottom of the page could be a revelation for a lot of people too.

http://donttrack.us/

aaah so THAT'S why my youtube page is covered in suggestions for videos about hashish .... :rolleyes:

my friend once showed me a similar phenomenon on facebook (which i do not use for similar reasons):

1) He selected the "do not send me personalised ads" option (or whatever it is)

2) He sent someone a dummy personal message saying "hey man do you like Starcraft?"

3) Starcraft ads popped up all over his facebook page!

Scum.

thank you , Sally - I had suspected as such ...

obviously the www cannot be trusted whatsoever ....