The Corroboree
newageshaman

What Video Games Do You Play?

With all the hype that's going around with the new grand theft auto game i thought it would be interesting to see what games others are into or have been playing recently :) I've been playing kingdom hearts 1.5 just recently and have always been a fan of the franchise as i've always loved final fantasy and disney so i guess it figures a game that combines the two i would love lol, especially when it's a remake of the original yay :P other than that im saving for the new GTA like a good little fan boy

GTA5 will blow your mind. its awesome

• Like 2

my tv fell over and smashed a few weeks ago so no GTA for whoami :( gonna sell my Xbox and wait for it on PC maybe.

I regularly play Worms Reloaded online though. I challenge you all, I got skillz

yeah im hoping so man, seen all the trailers and it looks so much more detailed than GTA4 and you can control 3 separate guys

my tv fell over and smashed a few weeks ago so no GTA for whoami :( gonna sell my Xbox and wait for it on PC maybe.

I regularly play Worms Reloaded online though. I challenge you all, I got skillz

thats no good dude , just do what i do and buy a cheap tv for like 10 bucks.

if only there were somewhere less than 300Ks away I could actually get a working tv for ten bucks xD haha nah good idea though. for gta v it'd be worth it even on the oldest, smallest cathode tube telly

then again is have to travel 300ks just to get a copy of Gta unless I got it sent to me

Edited by whoami

well i've had luck before getting tv's that work from my local dump :P the buggers wanted me to pay for it :slap:

yeah man gotta pay em for shit here too!!, I often go out to the local dump for work so sometimes I can score shit and sneak it back out without having to pay xD might see if there's a tv there this arvo. highly highly highly doubt thered be a working one there though, if it worked they'd probably put it on a velvet cushion in a glass cabinet with a little sign asking for a few hundred bucks :P

• Like 1

hahaha yeah it's a bit shitty having to pay for something that someone throughs out but ohwell i guess we all gotta make money

mmm the council are just fkn gold diggers though

but in regards to vidjah games, if anyone out there plays worms, as unlikely as that is, we should definitely play some crazy crates xD

Final fantasy, crazy fan of this series.

played the heck out of Skyrim.

when i was younger age of empires was the go

otherwise not much time these days... :(

• Like 1

Final fantasy, crazy fan of this series.

whats your favorite final fantasy game mate, i'd have to say mines FF8 was the first one i ever played and just loved the character artwork. If you ever get the chance to play any new games you should definently try kingdom hearts

My bro and I get on GT5, its an awesome simulator. We have the racing pod to sit in and a butt kicker under the chair for extra simulation/stimulation ;-) haha

Played CoD2 and 4 to death, went the whole clan route for quite some time.

Big fan of FPS and RTS, with a smattering of RPGs chucked in. Also a fan of acronyms apparently... Love my monster PC :wink:

Played the living shit out of Half Life, big fan of the Final Fantasys, particularly 7. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion was killer as well.

Far Cry 3 was a suprise, in that I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, maybe it's got to do with the Mushroom Doctor in it...?

Rome:Total War was a goodn. along with Supreme Commander and the C&C franchise, mostly.

Fan of the Resident Evils to, but also had fun with stuff like Plants vs Zombies, Orks Must Die and their ilk. Loved my Gran Turismo and drivers on PS though too.

Played WAAAY too much shit to mention them all here though. :blush:

• Like 3

you sound like quite the gamer, RC

I wish satellite internet was actually good enough to play MMOs :(

• Like 1

Playing war thunder a bit at the moment. I bought a joystick for it, but the only problem is that in arcade mode you get the shit shot out of you by mouse players within seconds, and FRB mode (which isn't too friendly for the mouse players) isn't very popular, so it's often ten minutes of waiting followed by it timing out. Still worth it though, and hopefully when it's released that will change.

Mostly waiting for the next round of games though. The current ones aren't graphically much better than 5 year old games, but with the advent of the ps4, there should be enough incentive for game designers to work a bit harder. Saving up money right now so the in about a year I can put together a state of the art gaming PC and get a rift, and hopefully by then there will be a new slew of great looking, great playing games.

• Like 2

Oh, and I love cave shmups. I have a dual arcade stick plugged into my HTPC running MAME through advanced launcher on XBMCbuntu. Dodonpachi, espgaluda, ketsui, dangun feveron, mushihimesama... all really cool games. Didn't occur to me to mention these before because threads like this are usually about the latest PC/console games, but heck, I love playing candycrush saga while I'm taking a dump.

Single player only and I stopped playing 3D shooters when they started making games for multi player and started neglecting the single player campaigns.

Past 4-5 years gotten back into gaming but pretty well strictly console.. Highlights of the PS3 era for me have been Red Dead Redemption, the Uncharted series, Fallout 3 + New Vegas (loved 1 and 2 as a kid) and Mass Effect 2+3 to name a few.

• Like 1

Oh, and I love cave shmups. I have a dual arcade stick plugged into my HTPC running MAME through advanced launcher on XBMCbuntu. Dodonpachi, espgaluda, ketsui, dangun feveron, mushihimesama... all really cool games. Didn't occur to me to mention these before because threads like this are usually about the latest PC/console games, but heck, I love playing candycrush saga while I'm taking a dump.

siiick idea.

Starcraft is the bomb. It's basically like chess on crack and the national sport of South Korea... need I say more?

• Like 3

im not much of a gamer but after watching a bunch of gta v trailers on youtube i couldnt help myself i preordered it about a month ago

was so stoked to get it in the mail on the 18th only a day after its release date especially since it was sent from queensland

(i live in a very small town closest placeto buy games is like 120k away)

its a crazy game definately shits all over previous gta's

got myself a new tv a few weeks ago to upgraded from the old box's to a decent high def flatscreen wich made playing it a whole lot better :)

got a 31.5 inch tcl for $295 nothin flash but better than the old school rear projection box i had haha

another good game you can just download on PC is far cry 3

as i said im not much of a gamer but when i got far cry 3 i couldnt stop playing it its a great game

Edited by myco
  • Like 1

I've just bought a 360 after not having a console in 15 years. so far really like Dirt 3 my mate's copy of dirt 2 made up my mind to buy a 360 lol
I just finished gears of war 2 and enjoyed it

I used to really like the horizontal scrolling screen shooter games but can't think of any names I mostly played these in arcades in the early nineties . Time killers was another game from back then as well as mortal kombat. R-type on sega as well
If anyone can suggest cool car games for the 360 I'd be stoked = )

i cant stand car games they get so boring for me although i was considering getting a rally game i used to like those

not calling you a bogan max but all my boganish car loving mates always seemed to think gran tourismo was the best driving game

I used to love playing Time Crisis in the arcades but it seems they are going out or style. the only real arcade that I know of now is that one on the gold coast. a couple of racing machines at the city cinemas just don't count