The Corroboree
Torsten

Law changes in NSW

Well in other news 1 dead and 14 others overdose on a mystery drug,fuck knows what from fuck knows where.

Compare that to a plant from your own garden,that you prepared yourself,and if you get the dosage wrong your body will purge it pretty dam quick.

My point, the only people who will benefit from this are the Chinese drug lords.

Why isnt there some Greenie law about declaring genocide on flora.

Thats got to be the worse of the two evils.

And we can view all the studies and statistics of cactus harm and social problems in the community where.......?

There is a phenomena of people awakening on entheogens at the moment , feeling good within themselves, getting some insight into life.

Yep thats enough to brand them criminals, lets call a spade a spade....this is a war on consciousness.

• Like 6

lets call a spade a spade....this is a war on consciousness.

I think there is something to that view, whether the authors of this bill realize it or not.

• Like 3

Statistics, a one sided view!,, I'd love to see a recognised body of government where we go, to report a successful and non threatening, even enlightening experience with plant use. That would be great for the benefit of entheogens.

as for their statistics regarding the negatives, abuse, mental and health issues,, hospitals come to mind.

so of course these types of statistics will be in favour of those wishing to persecute and undermine what we love so much.

very sad and embarrassed with our country, yet again!

Hi Guys, a sad day for the NSWcactus growers. We´ve been warning you about this for years now but i didnt expect that they´d be so crazy to also enclude Plants that only contain Trace Amounts. Thats like banning virtually all plants because they may contain barely measurable traces of DMT and shit. Sorry to say but Australian Legal system is totally out of control.

• Like 9

How long until the other states follow suite.

if the sex party, AMEP et al can mobilise enough physical and mental energy towards gaining senate pre-selection , the next four years could be a watershed moment for the entheoenthusiasts among this community and others.

The goal should be cohesion,common ground and timing.

Timing a series of ads just before an election would be crucial.

Also, the candidate who was listed first on the senate ballot apparently got over the line because of the pure fact his party was listed first and since humans are inherently lazy......

BOOM !

If an Australian guy who loves being a bogan and bush-bashing can get into the senate(be it with preferences) it therefore must give some hope for others with a single platform that encompasses the wider good.

In the name of common sense and the love of gardening, where there's a will there could be a way.

I think? it's relatively cheap to register a party name( a couple of grand) - EG our senate voting ballot form was over 1m long this year!

1 METRE :huh:

http://www.aec.gov.au/parties_and_representatives/party_registration/

Ffs, there must be some people out there who are organised enough...personally i think this is the reoccurring problem.

bronny is now the speaker of the house - i wonder who she'll be bowing down to.....post-4664-0-74143500-1379322504_thumb.jp

.......i must be dreaming

spbronniejulie3-20130603153625348462-620x3491.jpg

spbronniejulie3-20130603153625348462-620x3491.jpg

• Like 1

Ethereal, the sex party is actually so far the only group that has picked this up and is making representation. Cactus societies generally are very conservative and won't interfere with drug laws even if it completely trashes their own rights. There are some other groups showing interest, so hopefully there is enough momentum for something to happen this week.

As for the actual outcomes of this law, make no mistake that it will affect almost everyone. Many people will simply not trade these species anymore for fear of getting caught, so growing your collection will become much harder even if you are well connected. But think of all the noobs who will ahve no way to even get started. Sales on ebay will be illegal and removed like they do with peyote.

if you want to see how bad this can get just have a look at the thread about the seizure in WA under similar laws.

This law is not a safe bet. Much of the bill is so because it is a direct response to the synthetic drugs enquiry and hence can be passed into law without much scrutiny. However, the plant aspect was not part of the enquiry and hence should go to a senate committee. It has a real chance of not surviving the extra scrutiny if we can show enough support to those who are fighting it.

The amendment bill is here:

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/parlment/nswbills.nsf/0/380e2bd2df6e05aeca257be2001dfa34/$FILE/b2013-113-d14-House.pdf

From page 6:

"36ZG Prohibition of advertising of psychoactive substances

A person is guilty of an offence if the person publishes or displays in any
manner, way, medium or form any advertisement:
(a) knowing or being reckless as to whether the advertisement promotes, or
apparently promotes, directly or indirectly, the consumption, supply or
sale of a substance for its psychoactive effects, and
(B) providing information on how or where the psychoactive substance may
be acquired.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units or imprisonment for 2 years, or both."

The definition of advertising seems so broad as to outlaw internet discussion on Acacia localities.

I'm losing track now...can anyone tell me if the crap I took this morning was still legal? Is defecation still allowed? Wouldn't want to be breaking any laws. And those governmental folk do know best after all. Eagerly awaiting government response re:poo. Will hold it in til then as best I can.

• Like 1

From page 6:

"36ZG Prohibition of advertising of psychoactive substances

A person is guilty of an offence if the person publishes or displays in any
manner, way, medium or form any advertisement:
(a) knowing or being reckless as to whether the advertisement promotes, or
apparently promotes, directly or indirectly, the consumption, supply or
sale of a substance for its psychoactive effects, and
( B) providing information on how or where the psychoactive substance may
be acquired.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units or imprisonment for 2 years, or both."

See, when i read this it just makes me think, i mean will the corroborree forum get shut down? Or just obviously less frequented ? Will past gallery images be deleted, or left because they are pre-law dated?

There is some pretty incriminating evidence on this forum that many people would want to delete would this bill gets passed..

maybe a friendly reminder would be on the cards for all those who don't visit here very often, by way of email,

etc...

Also what Torsten is going to do with his business is obviously his own business,

but it seems like the amendment totally covers almost everything SAB sells, am i wrong?

I mean, it's implying that anything REMOTELY psychoactive, or associated with psychoactivity is incriminating...

Simply wondering what's to happen with our community?

this is a war on consciousness

..and they are losing, the matrix of control is dying ,it's why we are seeing more and more desperate attempts by the elite to cling on to power and keep people enslaved. They're terrified of people waking up to the grand lies .

Simply wondering what's to happen with our community?

I will miss you guys if it happens... but there is always facecrock

• Like 1

Hi Guys, a sad day for the NSWcactus growers. We´ve been warning you about this for years now but i didnt expect that they´d be so crazy to also enclude Plants that only contain Trace Amounts. Thats like banning virtually all plants because they may contain barely measurable traces of DMT and shit. Sorry to say but Australian Legal system is totally out of control.

This is what happens when you allow legislative changes to be driven by the law enforcement industry rather than by public opinion or science, or even common sense.

• Like 7

Wow i always envied nsw for there laws regarding cacti now it seems that there going the same way as the rest of Australia. It really is disgusting the way that they can basically make most if not all cacti somewhat illegal. I mean whose ever heard of someone trying to get psychoactive effects from a prickly pear? Australian Government you disgust me, especially when you make so readily available such addictive drugs as tobacco and alcohol. Not to mention how easy it is to get prescription drugs. Maybe work on fixing our current drug problems that actual effect a good majority of our population.

Email sent to Malcolm Turnbull. probably futile, and probably just added myself to some sort of narco hit list. fuck it.

• Like 1

I would stay well away from facebook if anyone wants to discuss anything with regards to psychoactives. Facebook is not very secure!

I would suggest that (in the event of the bill being passed), this forum removes email validation for subscriptions, so we can all resubscribe using anonymous accounts, & delete anything incriminating from our old accounts.

It does make me wonder what the motivation of all this is?

Where is the public good of these amendments? In a time when governments are cutting back funding to non-essential services like education and health, what is the purpose of scheduling, what are after all ubiquitous & rather benign plants, effectively criminalizing a very large percentage of their constituents.

So where is the funding to enforce all this going to come from? Are they hoping to raise sufficient revenue from seizure of assets or are they going to introduce a new tax or two? or perhaps just some more cuts to services?

• Like 5

You guys have my love from the US. I hope this community still holds together. I've been fortunate enough to acquire/been shipped many lovely specimens from AUS. Apparently it was a smart move to seek out the beautiful Aussie clones/hybrids when I did. :unsure:

• Like 1

It does make me wonder what the motivation of all this is?

Possibly pressure from big pharma, to limit the amount of DIY psychotherapy and/or the amount of natural remedies available... with the added benefit of limiting access to agents that encourage independent thought.

• Like 3

Anything other than booze, cigggies, food, energy drinks and lattes are bad, m-kay.

• Like 3

I wonder if the morons that wrote these amendments have any of these plants in their gardens - it would be great to find out and have them busted under their own new laws...

• Like 2

I wonder if the morons that wrote these amendments have any of these plants in their gardens - it would be great to find out and have them busted under their own new laws...

Given that it seems to be a race between the states & the commonwealth to see who can have broadest possible legislation its a reasonable to assume that more than a few of the bureaucrats drafting it, the ministers voting for it & the officers enforcing it will all be just as guilty as anyone arrested under these sort of laws.

But thats ok since these things are left to officer discretion, we have one set of rules for those in power or with $'s and another set of rules for the rest of us.

Edit depression for discretion, freudian slip on my part

Edited by shortly
  • Like 4

fucking hell, nescafe better watch it's arse, atleast Macdonolds won't be able to advertise their shitty food and coffee anymore.

• Like 1

I was just thinking this would be an effective way of demonstrating the idiocy of 'catch all' laws like this. Perhaps we could conduct a few botanical surveys of public places and/or government owned land to demonstrate the sheer quantity of plants that would be classified illegal overnight. The removal job would be huge! No doubt there is some sort of cost/feasibility assessment of introducing new laws, so maybe if we can show how much it will cost they may reconsider? Wishful thinking.

With no plants of my own, I am doubtful I will ever see collections like some of the older members here have enjoyed. Very sad.

Edit: strung out brain spelling mistakes

Edited by mimzy