The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

Cheap Laminar Flowhood any good?

Yeah, I love my flow hood. It's only little but it makes life soooo much easier. Going back to using a glove box would be torture. I plan on using my flow hood for tissue culture when I am able to as well.

• Like 1

cool...bought the same one as you Zen...won't really be able to use it until I move in a couple of weeks though

Ive never looked back really. Just bleach and alcohol spray your work area, turn it on for half an hour and work right in front of it. I cant remember the last time i saw an airborne contaminant and its a million times more reliable than a glovebox (which are also a super pain in the arse).

• Like 1

Well after about 600 transfers, clones and spore streaks I've had almost a complete absence of airborne contaminants. I think his other stuff is all overpriced but the flow hood is awesome.

Hi ZenP...

Can I please ask...

1. What size is the one you have as it looks larger than the ebay link posted at the start of this thread.

2. What "price range" was it when you bought it including the freight element if you don't mind answering the Q.

3. It's been a while now... Are you still happy?

Cheers for any advice you can offer a pre-newby... :)

Yeah mate 100% happy with. Its the second size and its a little cumbersome but its been awesome. I drove out and picked it up and it was around $600 or so

Zen do you vent your flow hood outside similar to an aircon? Or is it just set up like it seems in your picture in the corner of a room with walls in an L shape? Basically does the output flow have to go outside or can it all be done inside without modification of the house walls?

A laminar flow hood blows, it don't suck..... its to stop contam not for your benefit

You should have a good prefilter on the input..... like a MERV 11 or 13 cardboard from airepure

Edited by Tripyamine
  • Like 1

Thanks for clearing that up :D

Savi

Hi ZenP...
Can I please ask...

1. What size is the one you have as it looks larger than the ebay link posted at the start of this thread.

2. What "price range" was it when you bought it including the freight element if you don't mind answering the Q.

3. It's been a while now... Are you still happy?

Cheers for any advice you can offer a pre-newby... :)

Hey there,

I am getting one of these soon. The 91 x 62 cm one. The freight to SEQLD is $120 :)

Feel free to send an email to http://www.aussimushroomsupplies.com/ they have been really helpful and are quick to respond to enquiries :)