The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PD.

DODO, more like dildo cause they keep fuckn me

Too all those waiting on me for anything, im sorry but have had sfa net access due to being with a "service" provider called dodo. Fuckin useless and in no way shape or form a provider of service as my experience goes. Ill get to the all of you soon and the seeds will start floating around in the post soon :) :) :)

Yep - appalling provider. Got rid of em about 7 or 8 years ago. We are with Westnet nowadays and really pleased with them - great service and very few probs (strangely only experienced minor probs with em since moving over to the NBN)..

I get the same thing from vodafone.

If want to post something I have to write the post on a document on my PC and then copy and paste it because my connection disconnects so often. Sometimes it can take me an hour to make one post.

I normally get to load 1 or 2 pages and then it drops out, sometimes it disconnects before I even load one.

The fucking thing is so pissweak my kids tablet PC won't even attempt to connect to the web by wireless network through it because it's fucking useless.

I think they are trying to make me bail out because I'm on an older plan that was a lot cheaper than the new "pay through the arse plans"

Keep an eye on Dodo because even though I paid extra to have no contract with them (just incase they were a scam) they put me on 24 month plan, I complained and they said they would fix it but still I am on a 12 month plan. I am sick of talking to them because the call centre that answers has nothing to do with Dodo. Dodo is at best 1/10th of the speed that Telstra provides. Dodo just hire lines off Telstra then split them up into 10 & then charge you a arm & a leg - assholes. Also I had a brand new credit card which I had never used until I used it to pay Dodo connection fee etc, 2 days after I used it with Dodo over $800 went missing out of my account (I had no idea - the bank informed me) & I had to cancel my credit card. They are very dodgy!

SallyD have you tried all of these things to help improve reception? http://lifehacker.com/5931743/top-10-ways-to-boost-your-home-wi+fi

SallyD have you tried all of these things to help improve reception? http://lifehacker.com/5931743/top-10-ways-to-boost-your-home-wi+fi

No it's not the wi-fi connection causing the problem, that's just the only way the cheap tablets we've got can be tethered to my PC. All my wi-fi connections work fine.

My problem is the pissweak connection coming into my computer through the 3g fraudband wireless adaptor.

We call them NOGO. For approximately 4 months we had no internet. Dodo kept telling us it was mass outage in our area and that it was a phone line problem not an internet problem etc etc.

The house we rent is in someone else name so they have the power to choose the providers. I tried to convince them to change provider but no go.

When I called to complain that we hadn't had reliable internet for 4 months they only offered me one month free and only of the internet part of the bundle not the phone. The only reason we have a home phone is to get internet!!!!

I will never go with Dodo again.

Thats what you get for choosing a provider thats called dodo. :P Not only are they extinct but also are bad using a telefone because they lack fingers. .

When they say it sounds to good to be true it normally is. :)

I have been with Optus for around 20 years with my work mobiles and 13 years with my office phones and internet. They might not always be the cheapest but with the way I get looked after by them and not ever having the hassle of changing providers I think I am way ahead. I still have my original phone number from when we changed from the old analogue system to the new GSM network. :)

I have to use the mobile networks broadband service as that useless company that provides the lines have still never bothered to upgrade the lines in an industrial area that is about 5 km from the airport. And people are winging that we might not get the NBN fuck all we have wanted is normal broadband.

The usb toggle things have never been very good and so a while ago I bought a Netcom router that I could put my sim straight into and that has improved our internet coverage in the office heaps it still has its days but most of the time it is not bad.

At home we are with Westnet and they are great any drama's that we have had they will sort it out quickly but then you still have to use the lines that telstra are supposed to provide. Telstra has disconnected us 3 times in the last 4 months and each time it has taken them a minimum of a week and the longest was 4 weeks to reconnect us. Each time the reason the lines were down was one of the technicians had accidentally disconnected us when they were working on the lines.

Telstra are absolutely useless and I will never give them any of my business.

Cheers

Got

IINET is were its at.

IINET is were its at.

iinet is certainly the most reliable I've ever had, but the price has gone up as they've gotten more popular. We've been with tpg now for a few years, and I'd say they're 98% as reliable as iinet but the cost is much lower. I'd say that if having an hour or two where the internet is down twice a year is going to lose you money because you run a large business, go with iinet. Otherwise, tpg is the way to go.

I'm with telstra cable right now... they've been failing to monitor our usage so our maximum theoritical cap is 200GB a day or roughly 6TB a month...

I ran out of space the first week I noticed. My torrent sites when i'm pulling 150TB torrents will get me to about 8MB/s. Great when you want to download a show that's just come out.

If you can get cable, fuck adsl2+. I hate telstra so much... but I can't say no to these sorts of speeds.

Dodo, never heard anything but complaints about them so Im not surprised.
Im with Internode and am looking at swapping soon, I originally joined because I was a competitive gamer (COD) and needed a fast and reliable ping time but unless you need that they are too exxy.

SallyD: You may want to try a signal booster, Im guessing you live in or near a blackspot caused by the geography or surrounding trees.
A friend had similar problems and we stuck a booster up in one of the trees surrounding his block and now he gets a great signal,.

Distracted: Telstra dont like giving things away when they dont have to so and all that data could be getting logged but not flagged due to a glitch, so one day when they do an audit you may find a bill in the mailbox.
Just something to be aware of.

SallyD: You may want to try a signal booster, Im guessing you live in or near a blackspot caused by the geography or surrounding trees.

A friend had similar problems and we stuck a booster up in one of the trees surrounding his block and now he gets a great signal.

Yeah I was thinking about that, it will cost a bit if it doesn't work though.

I've got some crazy shit going on with my connection now that makes me wonder if it's more than just the signal strength. It started as peak time problems like the typical oversold network issue that vodafone is renowned for and has just become progressively worse.

Now I'm able to surf the web slowly with no ping return from google or yahoo ect, but I can make a telnet connection to them while the ping is non responsive. There are a few explanations for such a scenario. None of them impress me.

Sounds like lost packets from one source or another.

Maybe you could try buying a booster on ebay at a good price and then you can sell it if it doesn't work without loosing too much money.

Another thing to take into consideration is the moisture level in the air, for example if there are lots of eucalyptus on mountain tops in your signal path it can cause drop outs.

Distracted: Telstra dont like giving things away when they dont have to so and all that data could be getting logged but not flagged due to a glitch, so one day when they do an audit you may find a bill in the mailbox.

Just something to be aware of.

That's fine, they've given me no way to track my own download limit and their contract states I don't get charged for ANY additional downloads past my cap. Based on all the information they have supplied to me I have never broken my cap. If they try and charge me i'm gonna end up getting even more things for free based on their negligence.

Sounds like lost packets from one source or another.

Maybe you could try buying a booster on ebay at a good price and then you can sell it if it doesn't work without loosing too much money.

Another thing to take into consideration is the moisture level in the air, for example if there are lots of eucalyptus on mountain tops in your signal path it can cause drop outs.

Yeah the ping is showing 100% packet loss to any server I try to ping, but telnet is telling another story - TCP packets are getting through.

Judging by the number of hops it seems like it could be a firewall rule on an intermediate server - MITM :angry:

It could be a DNS issue though, I'll have to sniff around a bit.