The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
slice

going to Peru tomorrow.

Im catching a plane to Lima to visit the Andes for bike trip.

from Lima a flight to Piura and from there a bus to Ayabaca/Huancabamba , in the north, border with Equador. Trying to follow the Great Inca Road. Will end the route in Chavin or in Huaraz.

Edited by slice
  • Like 8

Cooooooooocaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiine Peru is the new coke capital of the world man bring some of that back with us ;) JOKES CALM DOWN ALL YOU GOVT. AGENTS READING THIS

Be careful mate. I had every square centimeter of my suitcase searched recently. It wasn't a nice experience.

Having said that, enjoy the wealth of amazing fruits that SA has to offer :) and keep an eye out for those tricho fruits too, I hear some varieties are simply delicious!!!!

Cool, have fun. Im going to Peru in December. So looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Hide the seeds in your bum for us. :bootyshake:

be careful in the case of awesome brugmansia hybrids...

be careful in the case of awesome brugmansia hybrids...

Yeah i could see that not going well...

you wouldn't have to take any travel sickness medication though, hahaha..

Hey Slice, superglue some trich seeds to the inside of your nose.

And your scalp, under large locks of hair.

And underneath your toe nails (seal them in, it easily passes off as dirt)..

And lastly... do you, perchance, own a foreskin?

• Like 4

Post seeds back your your place :)

Post seeds back your your place :)

Wouldnt necessarily recommend doing that either. you could get yourself into trouble with AQIS for that.

Yeah, good point, suppose all you can do is just inform AQIS of what species you find & ask for permission to bring them in.

So AQIS doesn't have a website listing permitted and non permitted seeds?.................so what your suppose to guess?

Hey take some pics of any cac edibles if your wondering through any markets.............

• Like 1

The do have a list of permitted and non permitted seeds and it has been posted here a number of times. I just cant remember where it is at the moment.

Zelly normally pops up with it and the mad thing is he isn't even in au. :)

Found it . http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31423 Didnt have to look very far it was pinned at the top of this forum and posted by Zelly :)

Cheers

Got

Edited by GoOnThen
  • Like 2

Hey slice, have an awesome trip.

I tried both options on my way home in 2011. I cleaned and labelled seeds and posted half to myself from south america in ziplock bags with a paper label inside including collection location. The other half I kept in my luggage. They both arrived fine. I did the same with anadenathera and others. Some were destroyed due to insects inside the seed, but these were not cactus rather acacia sp.

I didn't hide them, or the species.

If you have been four times, then you will know, at customs just declare everything. They are more concerned with things being hidden, than people making general mistakes about what is or isn't allowed (within limits of course). Half the time, my bags have not been checked just x-rayed and off i went.

The only time I have seen ripe fruits on Trichos in Peru has been April/May. In October I saw only flowers, I don't think I've been in the Andes in September. I hope the cactus gods are smiling upon you, there are some beautiful varieties around Huancabamba and Huarez. The Brugmansia varieties around Huancabamba are outstanding!

Have fun!!

Hey! im in Huamachucho now!

Edited by slice
  • Like 4

Sweet! from what I can see they look like really nice looking tips!

When I get down to Lima i'm gonna try and find Knize's place... I read its an awesome place to see

Slice, when you get home you'll have to take pictures of the cacti for us...

I for one am crazy curious as to the phenotypes you have there...

• Like 1

tell knize we need trusted contacts for special cuttings. so not like him hahahaha.