The Corroboree
gtarman

Seasol question...

U can buy conc chicken manure liquid. Have seen the amazing results of it being used for shroom grows also. I use Mateo super growth pellets. I am not sure how it compares to rooster booster though.

Know of any brands/vendors for this chicken manure concentrate? I couldn't find anything in Oz via Google

IME Seasol/Seaweed definitely works, it make a very visible difference to root growth and a fast and noticeable increase to general vigor and stress resistance/recovery.,

I also find Vitamin A suppliments give a very noticeable boost to most plants.

• Like 3

IME Seasol/Seaweed definitely works, it make a very visible difference to root growth and a fast and noticeable increase to general vigor and stress resistance/recovery.,

I agree totally with this. Haven't done a double blind test but it definitely makes a big difference but you still need to fertilize if you are using the straight seasole

I was under the impression that the nitrogen levels in chicken manure are very high but then I suppose if you use small amounts of it with other elements it should be fine ( for cacti )

Cheers

Got

• Like 2

seriously. the dude f*cked a dolphin

Edited by whoami

everything except the freakin Seasol and the boss is now reluctant to purchase any more :(

I agree totally with this. Haven't done a double blind test but it definitely makes a big difference but you still need to fertilize if you are using the straight seasole

I was under the impression that the nitrogen levels in chicken manure are very high but then I suppose if you use small amounts of it with other elements it should be fine ( for cacti )

Cheers

Got

I just wanted to re-visit this and say that I have to agree with GOT chicken manure can certainly supply too much nitrogen for a cactus so go easy.

I use it as an ammendment to worm compost which is really very low in its NPK levels so in that context it's OK.

As a side note the last time I used rooster booster on my worm farm it killed most of my worms, it's never done that before so something's changed in its composition. I think that it could have been sourced from chickens that had been recently wormed and still contained the de-worming chems.

Edited by SallyD
  • Like 1

ive heard from knowledgeable lady that seaweed and kelp will make cacti outer flesh soft and spongy makin them more supseptible to bad things

My Trich's have had regular feeds of seasol for 5 years and one thing they certainly are not is soft and spongy. I had to get quite up close and personal with a 6 foot Peruvian and a few Bridge on the weekend when I started planting them out in the ground. Spiky yes soft no. :)

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

Powder or crush egg shells for Calcium

hahaha funny stuff got. spikeys a good thing tho ay ;) i had that prob this arvo with a 3" trich. your experience sounds abit more dangerous tho.

peace

RE:sources of liquid calcium - I managed to find the Eco-flo brand at Bummings. These are certified organic, concentrated liquids of lime, or gypsum. I bought both. I reckon the gypsum would be good for when you didn't wanna mess too much with the pH but still wanted the calcium, and the lime is good when you want lots of calcium and also to raise the pH some.

• Like 1