The Corroboree
planthelper

tony abbott is our new PM!!

It's been said already in the media but I'll repeat it - dicipline. The guy has barely flinched in 3 years, it's fucking impressive. When people started to criticise him for his hollow slogans, what did he do? He repeated them even more. He had simple messages and he drove them home with no distractions.

His dicipline - emotional, mental, physical, is inspiring.

is that an admission?!!? probably not, but if so you are the one & only person i've come across anywhere who has admitted to voting for him..

seriously, someone must have voted for the ugly cunt, fucked if they'll admit it though the bloody cowards

• Like 1

probably not, but if so you are the one & only person i've come across anywhere who has admitted to voting for him..

I think you need to get out more :wink:

Cheers

Got

i think you're right. it's clear the people in my sphere are not a balanced cross section of our society, thank kryste

• Like 1

i see abbott's pulling the ol' "do as i say not as i do" trick

well mr abbott fuck you

with a barge pole

sideways......

It's been said already in the media but I'll repeat it - dicipline. The guy has barely flinched in 3 years, it's fucking impressive. When people started to criticise him for his hollow slogans, what did he do? He repeated them even more. He had simple messages and he drove them home with no distractions.

His dicipline - emotional, mental, physical, is inspiring.

Being immune to criticism, resistant to change, and stubbornly rejecting the views of others is hardly what I'd call inspiring qualities in a leader. Since we've gotta have one (a PM), I'd rather one with the type of discipline that allows her or him to respond honestly to the criticism of the people, admit to the faults of their views, and adapt to new situations. A flexible discipline born of the experience of engaging with the world in a way that acknowledges the need to compromise while maintaining integrity.

Sticking to one thing doggedly is not how I'd describe discipline anyway. More like desperation. Perhaps it works in the context of winning a sports competition (yeah it takes that kind of single-minded discipline/endurance to do a very long distance swim, bike ride, or run). But in the context of politics you need an open mind to respond to the multiple and varied challenges it presents. Two very different games.

• Like 3

Ha, also minister for women (apparently women need to be governed separately?)...

Mr Abbott on women’s health rights? In 2004, he said: ‘‘Abortion is the easy way out. It’s hardly surprising that people should choose the most convenient exit from awkward situations.’’

But isn't that how you got elected, Tony?

EDIT, swapped out 'Mr. Abbott' for 'Tony'. He deserves no 'Mister' or any other titles of respect.

Edited by gtarman

Ha, also minister for women

correction, prime minister for women (self appointed mind you :puke: ),

even i'm creeped out by him,

LOL. That's right, he has a token female minister to assist him in the role. Though I'll bet he only appointed her so there was more than one, so that he could be the "prime" minister of more than one thing. Simple things do amuse simple minds after all.