The Corroboree

Gojira & Devin Townsend Together.......yeah that's right.

• Like 3

Gojira & Devin Townsend Together.......yeah that's right.

Fuck yes!

• Like 1

Aenima is an incredible album.

I heard a metal band the other day called dead kelly. They are possibly the most bogan aussie metal band in existance, but are pretty good. Check em out

i hate them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dead kelly

Edited by bullit

v
  • Like 4

• Like 2

Im sure you all know about dethklok and metalocalypse, but if you dont you should have a look

• Like 2

fuck all them cunt dead kellys .. its all programed shit nuthin real about them kunts ..

sorryyy coolname r u friends with him??

Edited by bullit

ok coolname this 1s for u real kunts ,playing real stuff lol deadkelly r a wanna be of these kunts . sarcastic aussie metal..

enjoy

• Like 1

fuck all them cunt dead kellys .. its all programed shit nuthin real about them kunts ..

sorryyy coolname r u friends with him??

No man I dont know them, I just heard a few of their songs recently at a mates place and thought they were good

• Like 1

old skool always outlasts the progenitor - is that a double entendre?

some spoof bands from the eighties(nydolls et al) would still shake the tree of some of these newer interpretations of the genre(genre? is there such a thing sinse we all mimoc all the predecessors ). i like early metal licka (into the fire , kill em all etc) but for me the dio is supreme. aussee bands need to re-evaluate their stance. When musicians become proficient at their art they sometimes run out of steam. the best thing is to learn from my mistakes and do better.

much love to metal heads unite. great thread to see some new shit from on the pulse younger folk :worship:

much appreciated you bunch of longhairedlouts :wink:

• Like 3

metallica = drunkmetal remenber this ches, in that time mr bungle were kickin around

MAKE SURE U KUNTS WATCH THIS

Edited by bullit
  • Like 6

Mr bungle are awesome. Mike patton is a musical genius

• Like 4

• Like 4

Something tells me that dead Kelly would be sloppy as fuck live, either that or the drummers triggered up with would sound worse!

Classic Aussie riffage right here, there's never a life show without blood \m/

• Like 1

Parkway Drive = the pinacle of aussie metal

• Like 2

Here are some of my all time favourite metal albums. Most of them lean toward spiritual influences which is what I think I like about them. They might take a few listens to sink in but it's worth it.

Absu- Absu - Mythological Occult Metal. Very impressive.

Emperor- In the Nightside Eclipse- A masterpiece. Will take you into icy forests and dark castles. A classic.

Liturgy- Asthethica- A recent album that pushes black metal into some new territory. Very positive and up-lifiting but not cheesy.

Guardian Alien- See The World Given To A One Love Entity - One track album. It's beautiful. The drumming is mind blowing. Perfect for journeys. The drummer is big on psychedelic states, Robert Anton Wilson, Stanislav Grof etc. He apparently received the album title and artwork in a vision he had while meditating!

Tool- Aenima - A classic that brought sensitive, deep thinking spirituality to metal and definitely influenced me to check out Bill Hicks, Crowley and psychedelia etc.

Sleep- Dopesmoker - One track, 54 minutes or so. Hypnotic and trance inducing. Probably the heaviest album on the list, but not aggressive or angry.

Om- God is Good- Just bass and drums and very deep lyrically. Steve Albini produced it. Think Pink Floyd's 'Set The Controls For The Heart of the Sun' set in Egypt.

SunO)))- Altar- Slow and heavy stuff. The last track 'Alice' is stunning, takes you to other worlds.

Mastadon- Crack The Skye- An epic prog and classic rock influenced concept album about out of body journeys.

And then of course there's the classics which are pretty much mandatory:

Black Sabbath- Paranoid, Masters of Reality, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.
Slayer- Reign in Blood, Hell Awaits

Metallica- Master of Puppets, Ride The Lightning
Death- Scream Bloody Gore

Also, check out the youtube doco 'One Man Metal' which features Australia's own Striborg. Focuses on three artists who write and record everything themselves in isolation. Very interesting, disturbing characters, especially Striborg who moved to Tasmania to get away from everyone and focus on music.

Enjoy!
  • Like 1

"somebody" needs to up guardian alien onto a major tracker! can't find it.

Muskrat, terrible bands LOL! I used to play in a metal core band back circa 2006-2008 in Sydney, thy art used to play below us on most of the west syd / city shows, it was the worst sound I've ever heard lol! I dunno how many times I saw there fringed skinny leg jeans crowd hit/kick/bash the chicks there and the band would encourage it... They still do the same stupid antics, they invited the crowd on stage at sound wave and pretty much fucked shit up for a while, and laughed about it...

There's not much metal in shit like that, sounds like a punk band who got it all wrong ;)

Edit; that probably sounded jaded lol, they just got real big, real fast and never had a singer with his head in their shoulders. We did a few shows with them and the red shore (rip) through Queensland and whilst the axeman were rad dudes the singer annoyed/insulted everybody!

Edited by prioritise