The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

Chill with Kava

Got problems sleeping?

Too hyperactive from using substances?

Just want to relax?

Add a new dimension to your favoruite herb?

Try Waka Kava...

2 teaspoons stirred into a glass of milk,

put milk in fridge for 30 min to 24 hrs, stir again, drink all, enjoy...

here's where you get it:

www.shaman-australis.com/~gomaos

i agree. relaxation is vital and too hard to come by lately. kava and opiates(where legal) are just the spice of life for me, especially when i can't shut down my thoughts at night.

Oath Gomaos, Oath!

Works for me anywayz.

Nice product.

I fell asleep under the influecne of waka a few nights ago, nice meaningful (lucid & semi-lucid) dreams (total recall).

(constituent of dreamix) wink.gif

Guest DragonFyre

just wondering if anyone has tried any methods of taking other than drinking with milk or chewing in saliva?

Its just the only results Ive really had was off a mouthful chewed till could no longer be beared and spat out... had quite a peaceful night that one wink.gif And although straining it thru milk does taste quiet nice, no effect on me that way

any other methods, anyone?

I use 1/2 a cup(120ml) of Kava, from Gomaos,

Throw in a blender, Add 2 cups(500ml) of water and 1 cup(250ml) of milk, Blend for 2-5 minutes, Strain, Done.

Works well.

Guest DragonFyre

YES Adrian there is!

that stuff will put hairs on your chest drinking it chunks and all YUCK!! tongue.gif

dragonfyre- try a search for other methods of preparation. i'm pretty sure there are a few here, maybe one for kava colada might still exist.

I didn't think Kava was all that bad in milk - I had heapsa milk, some flavoured icecreams, some vanilla essence in there all blended up, went down pretty well.

Is there a way to make that recipe vagen? Like can you substitute milk for something else or wont it work?

water is usually used..

sure...use rice, soy, or coconut milk..they all have plenty of fats for emulsification of the lactones

I,ve tried kava and milk a few times and

reckon it tastes like crap,almost makes me

want to spew.I prefer it blenderised with water and lecithin.This is my normal mode of

consumption:I mix approx. 50-100g of kava with 500ml of lukewarm water and a teaspoon

of lecithin,blend like you,ve never blended

before(5 min all up is enough)then put it in

the fridge for a day or overnight even.I strain my mix but I use a cloth that catches

only about half of the root and leaves the fines,then I squeeze whatever I can out of the kava in the cloth.One other thing is important,dont sip kava,to get good effects scull a small cup(200 ml)in one go then wait a little while in between cups(approx. 20 min)Also works best on an empty stomach,I usually drink it in the arvo an hour or two before dinner or wait for an hour or so after dinner.Gomaos,does your kava come from the same dealer as Torsten?it looks a little different,maybe just a different batch?

I've heard that there have been quite a number of liver or kidney related failiures/deaths associated with Kava. HAs been in the news quite allot lately.

Some people might be better conditioned then others!

Be carefull!

And enlighten my lazy ass about KAVA accociated problems.

I don't think Torsten's kava is the same as mine, mine is from fiji, I assume torsten's is from hawaii (the better one).

Also, I've read quite a bit about liver and kidney damage, so ppl please don't take too much, like 1-2 teaspoons a day, or even just 3 times a week should be enough...

Both Torsten and gomaos,s kava are good.I think kava is off the

shelves in europe at the moment.I usually indulge about once a fortnight or when I,m trying to control my anxiety.

I spoon about 2 tablespoons straight into my mouth. Then put in some milk or water. Swish around in my mouth for about 30 secs and swallow.

Seems to work beter than putting it into milk and then straining all the chunks out.

I'm still looking for the dude who sent me $20 for kava but forgot to include his address...

Are you around here somewhere?

Can kava actually be bad for you over extended periods..I thought many pacific islanders had a brew every few days most of their lives.Why does everything good have to have a catch.?

gomaos:

Also, I've read quite a bit about liver and kidney damage, so ppl please don't take too much, like 1-2 teaspoons a day, or even just 3 times a week should be enough...

Those reports were about kava extracts i think, am pretty sure no cases have been reported on straight kava root. Torsten made a post about this recently somewhere on these forums.

Yeah, check out Torsten's post. Apparently the pharma companies used leaves and stems(not used traditionally) which contain a toxic alkoloid not found in the root.

I've always used water+Kava+a tablespoon of lecithin(emulsifier)+ 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil,in a blender for 5 mins-strain through a stocking or cheesecloth-Thumbs up :)

mesc. how much kava?

but real(problem) kawa drinkers consume 5l or more a day. i drank up to 6l, that means 3 wee breaks a night...

another way of getting good effects, although may be hard to do for some, is to just eat spoonfuls of kava and wash down with milk. it works wonders if you can get it down.