The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Monkey Shines

Amyl Nitrate

Guest Monkey Shines

Is there anywhere in wa you can buy amyl nitrate or can you order it from overseas or somwhere else in australia

Amyl nitrate is an explosive.

Amyl nitrite can stop your heart if your not careful, or if you have heart problems.

Be careful.

Isoputyl nitrite doesn't smell as bad and doesn't give a headache to those who are overly sensitive. Not many can tell the difference. The rawhide product is the only on in australia that I know to be isobutyl nitrite.

Any gay sex shop will have it.... under the counter wink.gif They call it amylnitrite anyway. Just ask for 'rawhide aroma'.

I usually get mine from straight sex shops coz the homo places have this really strange 'olive oil' fragrance floating in the air. $25 oughta do ya, get the one with the pic of 2 big beefy guys makin out on the label.

-Chemical Shizzzerwoooglers

Go to any sex shop (adult bookstore) and say (fairly discretely, but not suspiciously) my boyfriend wanted me to get him some head cleaner for his birthday, that thilly boy, we just got an new VCR.

That'll do the trick (assuming your male).

You might even get a discount wink.gif

or send me $25 + postage.

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 16 May 2002).]

I walk into my sex shop and I say "Gimme a bottle of amyl" and he says "which one" and points to the counter as they are all displayed next to eachother underneath the glass and I say "what's the freakin difference" and he goes like "This one is made in bla bla and it's not bad but this one is made in AMSTERDAM and it's TRIPLE FILTERED and shit" and I go "you fucking cock head" and i buy which ever one and he puts it in a bag and I say "are there any good pills going around at the moment" and he goes "yeah i got some blue fish out back how many you after?", and I go "I'll grab 3 and stick that purple snuff rocket into a bag for me, i'll take that too"

and then i walk out and throw all the items into a rubbish bin as drugs are disgusting and evil.

If you go to Scotland, the gay clubs sell it behind the bar(or at least they used to) Funniest thing ever, was a mate, a quick whiff of poppers and started 'dancing' in a corner of mirrors, not really dancing, just just jumping vertically like a Masai, and bouncing off those mirrors.

Just classic.

Yeah I though he'd have a heart attack, but it was fun.

And if you ever feel threatened, leaving the same club, especially in Glasgow, jsust a quick sniff and you can kick any cunts head in.

l8r Kai

I remember amyl being sold along with drinks in any of the gay clubs I went to in Manchester - fucks me how you can dance on that shit....

But should be easy to procure - even in a "regional centre" it's at the sex shops.

I don't know about dancing, but if you have already ingested some small bits of paper it is an amazing feeling.

Can't say i've ever tried to dance on poppers but amyl makes me fucking ejaculate like silly spray!!!! ie. one continuous line of semen. Fucken awsome SOMEONE PASS THE FREAKIN TISSUES!!!!!!!

anyone who wants can send me $25!

poppers is code for bubblewrap ,is'nt it?

t s t .

acid, pot and amyl is a beaut triple combo. The only thing that ever slammed me to the floor in the middle of a nightclub. I crawled out of the club (3Faces) on all fours, two doors down to my Dad's place, who freaked out completely. About a couple of minutes later I was back on my feet wondering what the hell happened as I had never had problems with acid and amyl before. It wasn't till the next day I remembered that there was pot involved about 30 min before the amyl.

Not recommended for doing in public - it took me months to live that one down.

Originally posted by Torsten:

acid, pot and amyl is a beaut triple combo.

( Does her best Sybil Fawlty imitation )

...in a state and location where such things are legal [/sybil Fawlty imitation]

[This message has been edited by Darklight (edited 18 May 2002).]

That was so long ago that I am sure it is past the statute of limitation for being utterly wasted wink.gif

Anyway, in those days the cops were too scared to come into gay bars. The patrons just lurrrve men in uniform wink.gif

MOJORISIN - and everyone else really. LINKS are welcome at SAB. Commercial ethnobotany links only in the exchange forum, but other links are allowed and encouraged everywhere else. The internet thrives on links and while using this medium I think it is silly to restrict this in any way!

Anyway, in those days the cops were too scared to come into gay bars.

How that changed one Tasty night.

Ah well, cost the Vic. Police about $4 mill

or so and possibly made them reasses drug

policy in general.

[This message has been edited by somnif (edited 21 May 2002).]

I seem to remember you can make amyl nitrite(or it may have been one of it's alcohol cousins really easily). At the time the only problem I had was getting sodium nitrite, but I didnt' look hard for it, just tried the butchers, but apparently they use a ready prepared mix containing sodium nitrite/potassium nitrate and something else. I was hoping they bought the individual salts and mixed on premises.

Guest Mesqualero

I have seen documents on how to make Alkyl Nitrites... are these the same thing...of course I would never dream of doing such a thing...

Yes, amyl nitrite is an alkyl nitrite.

And no, you shouldn't even think about making it. You would probably overdose off the alkyl nitrite fumes, have your throat and lungs irritated (or mildly burned) from the fumes of various nitrogen oxides, and the alkyl nitrite vapors can EXPLODE if it finds a spark. Plus the product may be contaminated by toxic and corrosive nitrogen oxides and would have a very short shelf life due to contaminants including water, air, etc.

In my humble opinion alkyl nitrites should only be made by organic chemists, and then only for non-drug or prescription uses (great for making azo dye intermediates, heavy metal indicators, pharmaceudicals, and many more.)

My 'ANTI-DRUG' is organic chemistry, I couldn't bare to waste a good alkyl nitrite on getting high, not when pretty azo dyes and experimental plant hormones could be made!

I once met the guy who makes almost all of the amyl that is sold in australia (3 out of 4 local brands). he followed a recipe that he was taught by the guy who started the business many years ago. He also had no idea about chemistry. But his safety precautions were quite admirable. He worked in front of 2 huge extractor fans and with a scuba mask for reliably fresh air.

Auxin, I think you're being alarmist re the Nitrogen oxides. The standard way of making alkyl nitrites (as you would probably know) is to react the alcohol in a nitrite salt solution at 0 degC (+- 1degC) by adding a liberating acid. This would in no way produce anything other than nitrites, alcohol and salts. A couple of washes will get rid of the nasties and any unreacted alcohol just goes along for the ride. Due to the low reaction temp there would be minimal fumes, however your explosion warning is more than justified anyway.

Torsten, you have never made azo dyes have you? That nitrous acid breaks down to water and nitrogen oxides, If your careful the occurance of that is hardly worth mentioning, but if you are off by a little bit in any direction it starts to stink bad. Also true is that the product can be cleaned up by washing it if you do it like a chemist would, otherwise you either destroy all your product or only remove some of the contaminants. Plus the product would contain residual water, so you would have to dry it with Na2SO4 or CaSO4 (in the absence of a fume hood the experimenter would then overdose). And the pure pharmaceudical stuff has been distiled (Overdose+BOOOOOOMMMMMMM=dead)

Besides I have never seen amyl alcohol or isobutanol sold in stores, so the home experimenter would probably end up trying to make Isopropyl nitrite (WAY too explosive and volatile to use as a drug).