The Corroboree
Leaves

Dendrobium nobile alkaloid extract

I noticed lots of internet chatter about this orchid but I am skeptical about the claimed ephedra (anti-asthma/stimulant) effects. Anyone that has tried this can you please post your experiences.

http://www.ibtimes.com/craze-supplement-scientsts-find-meth-substance-popular-pre-workout-powder-1429144

i've seen people who looked like they were on pills from taking craze, whether or not the dendrobium is responsible for the strong effects, i can't truly say.

Trimethylglycine (Betaine Anhydrous), Creatine Monohydrate, L-Citrulline, Dendrobex™ (Dendrobium Extract) (Stem) (Concentrated For Alkaloid Content Including Dendrobine, Dendroxine, Dendramine, B-Phenylethylamine, N,N-Dimethyl-B-Phenylethylamince, And N,N-Diethyl-B-Phenylethylamine), B-Phenylethylamine HCl, Citramine™ (Citrus Reticulata Extract) (Fruit) (Concentrated For N-Methyltyramine Content), Caffeine Anhydrous

Edited by ThunderIdeal

saw something about craze containing a methamphetamine type psychoactive compound but so many products being laced with illegal compounds its scary!

Also, they are hiding ingredients and ratios of ingredients in a proprietary blends, see there the Dendrobex is TM

Basically, what you read on the label is not responsible for the active ingredient! That list is a smoke screen

well, the label (in australia anyway) says And N,N-Diethyl-B-Phenylethylamine, and the article says N alpha diethylphenylethylamine

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/11/05/health/Testing-Supplements.html

just 1 example

i have no idea how these companys exist or how these products actually sit on our shelves, because they do

Its like the legal highs before the synthetic bans but its affecting greedy Supplement Companys

surely these are analogues of banned stims as stated by the latest legislation, mimicks a banned substace etc etc

• Like 1

Were does one acquire this plant? Are they available in Oz.

you can buy it on ebay

quarterflesh the plant used in Craze is only listed as Dendrobium, no species is listed & there is a lot of them. I don't think any of the orchids are active in the way Craze is marketing them, I believe by not listing the species name they are just trying to make it easier to throw in some untested stim & claim it is from the orchid, like the DMAA/geranium BS.

Also Dendrobium is know as shí hú in chinese medicine, so the nobile species could be acquired through a decent Chinese herb dispensary.

edit:I just looked up some other brands that sell Dendrobium as a stim & they claim it to be nobile alkaloid extract so it must be the one.

Medicinal properties and uses of orchids: a concise review

Edited by Leaves

cheers leaves. il look into it further

800px-Dendrobium_nobile-IMG_2111.jpgIMG_0691.preview.jpg

Edited by Leaves

Here is a thread over at the dmt-nexus were a few people have bio-assayed smoking the flowers of Dendrobium Nobile and reported a cannabinoid like high with a bit of stimulant edge:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=50985

I've been following the thread with interest. I hope this helps :)

I have tried Shi Hu from a chinese herb supply & noticed a reduction in blood pressure, calming not stimulating. Flowers must have something else in them, would be very interested to hear from someone local experiencing anything positive, as it is hard to work out what is truth & what is someone working for a supplement company posting postive experiences that never happened to boost sales (a tactic used by supplement companies in the past).

Edited by Leaves

its supposed to be a marked stimulant. you would notice it, if its whats in the product.

no the truth is, an undisclosed substance is the active ingredient. unless proven otherwise, im sticking to my gut reaction

marked as in compared to pills, yes. thats the reports and why i'm saying somethings in there they not telling us.

and it is true, cause it did spark outrage and got pulled from shelves, tho so many that slide under the smoke screen, just like everything else

Edited by C_T
  • Like 1

ESR testing of Craze and Detonate in NZ tested positive for amphetamines.

This looks to me like DMAA, where it was claimed to exist in Geranium oil. This bunch of PEAs are claimed to exist in Drenbonium flowers.

But the source is a chinese research chemical supplier. Selling this chemical (or combination of chemicals) as Drenbonium extract.

I believe DMAA has now been shown not to exist in nature. So Drenbonium is the replacement. Go figure.

• Like 1