The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
vulcan

Looking for Snu's book on ethno plants

Hi all, does anyone out there know of where this book can be sourced or know of a copy for sale. Any info would be a great help. Cheers Vulcan

best I can do is a review by Seoul National University of a book titled 'Book of Narcotic Plants' by William Emboden published in 1972 and 1979. Just google the author to see where book is available. Cheers

Wow! had no idea the book had sold out. i guess given the small print run and the quality of research it was inevitable.

(as per: http://www.troutsnotes.com/sc/snu.html)

otherwise im sorry, i cant help you out. just going to have to keep your ear to the ground, but i doubt very many people would sell their copy, but when they do you would have to get in quick, it was an instant classic.

• Like 3

Might be worth sending Snu a quick email as per the link provided by obtuse. If he gets enough intrest he might consider a 2nd print run. This book sure is a classic, you won't be disappointed if you one day get your hands on a copy.

Maybe the best you can hope for is Snu making a pdf available for those folks who have missed out on owning the book.

Best of luck mate.

• Like 1

I've had my eyes open a while for this to appear secondhand, might also send Snu an email.

I'm also after a copy, I wonder if a kickstarter campaign or some such would be a good way of getting a second printing up and running.

• Like 1

I think Snu had some seconds copies with some misprinted pages of the first edition when i last spoke to him, was a while ago. definitely email him!

Good luck!

• Like 1

I remember Snu telling me the same thing, in fact he showed me a couple, where the ink had run, or was really blurry, and pages had gotten folded over during printing.

certainly worth it as a last resort.

so definitely worth chasing up.

Edited by obtuse

I got one of the last few, maybe there is one or two left. But I was under the impression I was very lucky to get one about 9mths ago...

And yeh the ink had ran but he photocopied those pages and included them for me

Edited by thed00dabides

I was under the impression that Dennis Mckenna was interested in getting this book published properly. Maybe it was just hearsay.Or maybe it was before the GFC shat all over America and most of the world with the only real exception being Australia. With him having to fundraise recently to get his own books published, I am guessing this must have been just a rumor. This thread sux as I had planned on buying another copy or two. but there were only 500 copies and it's been out for 4 years.