The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I tried to find out last night about the constitutional referendum...basically they changed the date and won't tell us when or if they are even gonna have it...I think? I checked the .gov electoral commission site and a few other official looking sites and there is very little info.

I find it interesting that it looks like they are backing away. Apparently this s not the first time this type of attack against the constitution has been tried via referendum. I wonder if our dark overlords have been spooked by something?

Referendums rarely succeed. The people quite often biase there vote based on the party that called the referendum.

Not shocking

I've been saying this election was fixed well before it even began, now we are starting to see some details emerge that suggest that it was. I haven't met one person who will admit to voting for abbott, which seems a bit strange given the landslide we've just witnessed.

Now Clive Palmer is calling for a re-elction after discrepancies that have been found involving vote counts and possible corruption on the part of the AEC

From The Telegraph today.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/clive-palmer-wants-new-election-in-fairfax/story-fni0xqrc-1226720165445

CLIVE Palmer will launch legal action in a bid to force a new election in Fairfax, claiming he has uncovered "major voting discrepancies''.

Mr Palmer told News Corp Australia he had been to the Federal Court in Brisbane today to seek an undertaking that would preserve all Australian Electoral Commission documents relating to counting in the Sunshine Coast seat.

Palmer's fate rests on handwriting

The love story behind Clive Palmer

This would ensure "evidence'' was intact when he continued his legal action.

Mr Palmer said he had received correspondence from the AEC alerting him to an "apparent inconsistency'' in voting figures on the AEC website for the Coolum Beach pre-poll voting centre.

The advice said there was a difference of around 750 votes between House of Representatives and Senate counts for that polling place. The discrepancy was found to be "counter-balanced'' with a similar imbalance in Buderim.

In its letter to Mr Palmer, the AEC said the anomaly made no difference to the total number of votes already recorded and therefore had no impact on the relative position of the candidates.

"It's a farce,'' Mr Palmer said. "How can 768 votes go missing from one booth and turn up at another. We will proceed with legal action there's no doubt.

"This is not a matter of whether I win or lose. I'm raising this because it is wrong.''

Mr Palmer believes someone could have put the House of Representatives ballots in at Coolum, then realised they had not provided a corresponding number of Senate votes but no longer had access to Coolum.

He said there was a possibility they then could have put the Senate votes in at Buderim to try and cover up the move.

Latest counting shows the mining magnate's lead in Fairfax has been slashed to 209 votes after the counting of more postal votes.

The billionaire is being reeled in by the LNP's Ted O'Brien, who is back in contention after being more than 2000 votes behind late last week.

Mr O'Brien has been attracting 63 per cent of the postal votes to Mr Palmer's 37 per cent.

This morning's counting did focus on postals, however, and there are still 2266 absentee votes to tally, which are likely to favour the mining magnate.

The latest two-candidate-preferred prediction has Mr Palmer a whisker ahead with 50.13 per cent to Mr O'Brien's 49.87.

More results are expected late this afternoon and counting will continue until the cut-off for postal votes on Friday.

Left to process are the absentee votes, 2376 pre-poll and 954 postal.

There are also 730 provisional votes, which could dictate who wins. These are cast in circumstances where an elector's name cannot be found on the roll, or the name has already been marked off the roll. The vote cannot be counted until a careful check of enrolment records and entitlements has been made.

If the AEC has actively tried to manipulate the results in this particular seat how do we know it was restricted to just this seat ?

The percentages in the absentee votes seem to fall well outside of any statistical estimate and seems like it has been interfered with.

This election was fixed.

[walking around the cemetary, Lisa and Bart realize that Sideshow Bob has falsified voting returns with the names of deceased persons]

Lisa: [sees Snowball I's gravestone] Oh, my poor dead kitty, not you too!

[she looks at the voting list: "SNOWBALL I."]

Lisa: All right, Bob! NOW it's personal!