The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was looking through the days barrage of retail propaganda yesterday and a DVD with Clive Palmers mug plastered over the front fell out and landed on the floor.

WTF - election propaganda in the form of a DVD, that's getting a bit commercial isn't, the party with best gimmick is going to look rosy if this shit keeps up. Where does it all end and who pays for it ?

Clive has money dripping out of every oriface, so it's no drama for him to chuck a lazy few million dollars into a scheme like that but if they all start adopting cheesy gimmicks like that it could soon spiral out of control and get quite costly.

The DVD has "WE'RE FAIR DINKUM" written in bold print on the cover just above Clives ugly mug where he's pictured in a thumbs up gesture that just sent a shiver down my spine thinking about it. Then I read the fine print on the back and the fucking thing is printed in China - how "UN FAIR DINKUM" is that?

So here the prick is sitting on my kitchen table pissing all over our countries most sacred cliche. If you say you are fair dinkum in this country, you fucken well better be.

That's not "FAIR DINKUM" Clive, that's the sellout bullshit attitude that is dragging this country down the shitter so rich pricks like you can cash in and fullfill their childish greedy fantasies playing the game of whoever dies with most shit wins.

GET FUCKED Clive - your trashy cheap Chinese "FAIR DINKUM" DVD isn't going to make me change my vote.

Changa is the only thing that is going to sway me & there better be nangs with it.

If anyone has a bitch about any of the sleazy pricks we call politicians feel free to unleash it in this thread. Fucken reptiles.

i'll vote 1 whoever fixes my hot water. 6 days it's been out.

fair dinkum.

One thing that seems rediculous to me is the media circus about it but then it is bound to happen. I don't want neither Rudd or Abbott in because frankly neither are really going to solve much of anything and both seem to be trying to appear competing to see who has the most staunch stance on 'boat people'. I think a lot of Australians don't feel enough compassion for asylum seekers, though granted that some aren't genuine, with them banging their chests like gorillas it isn't going to help anything. Then you have the matter of the 'polls', what a joke. Murdoch is biasing his noise outlets against Rudd because of financial matters to do with the NBN, as much as I don't want Rudd in there if, as is usually and will likely be the case that it is the lesser of two evils, it comes down to him and Abbott give me Rudd.

SallyD, you're not wrong about the whole Clive Palmer party crap. I have spoken to some who want to vote for him and their reason being that 'he said that he has made enough money and he just wants to make Australia a better place', what a joke. Not long before he announced he was running with his party I saw him on the ABC show Q & A, I'd never seen or heard of him before this but I really didn't like anything he had to say. He's very much for mining and does not give an ounce of fuck about his industries reckless plunder of the natural resources. Then I heard he was running for PM, well honestly I'd probably prefer Abbott. Then you've got the 21st century australia party which wants to do away with all the states which is just a ploy to get a higher degree of centralization of power, no thank you.

As for the Greens well they as a party have seemed to dig their own grave. They want to shut down any recreational fishing in the lake in my local area and stop certain recreational activities. They are an anti-fun party but then again most are. I would consider either the Sex Party or Wiki Leaks party because both seem to stand for things that I believe in such as libertarianism and freedom of speech.

Ok time for a breath.. :lol:

... pissing all over our countries most sacred cliche. If you say you are fair dinkum in this country, you fucken well better be.

Fucken oath~!

How long before people wake up to the manipulation that is known as democracy. It seems only total coups change these models of politics & then they don't last long before the greed machine turns up in guise once more ..if in truth it wasn't there all along. It's a time immemorial thing, a cycle that we continue to be fooled by, since the romans & going back probably way before them. The Internet serves as the polar opposite to the attempt at globalisation, in the sense that it unites individuals in common fields of interest & sometimes perspective ..for all people, as opposed to a certain elite. As long as governments continue to have no absolute power concerning the internet. Then, eventually parties like Assanges (hopefully), parties that work to expose corruption & greed, parties that put the betterment of the people & our planet 1st, may eventually replace the current facade called democracy, returning true representation to us, the people ..Mother Earth.

It's a nice idea .. :wacko:

The Internet serves as the polar opposite to the attempt at globalisation, in the sense that it unites individuals in common fields of interest & sometimes perspective ..for all people, as opposed to a certain elite. As long as governments continue to have no absolute power concerning the internet.

Unfortunately, governments have begun to realize this and started to try and take control of the internet also.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-05/17/australia-internet-block

This one has nothing to do with australia, but I found it worrying:

http://belsebuub.com/war-on-consciousness-takes-to-the-internet-as-esoteric-websites-to-be-censored-in-uk

People are happy to let things they don't care about be banned, but where do you draw the line? How are you going to act when it's too late to change anything?

Personally I'm liking the looks of the wikileaks party.

Their constitution's stated objectives (see section 7.2) seem quite reasonable

wikileaks party have preferenced right wing parties ahead of the greens, and the wa nats ahead of scott ludlam in wa.

whatever you might think of the greens they're more in line with wikileaks party than shooters and fishers and the nationals (aka lnp - the people who sent oz into iraq in the first place)

Yeah I really didn't get that when I first heard they (wikileaks) had a preference deal with lnp. After a bit of thought though, maybe it's just a strategic move to get a foot in the door. It's hard to walk into somewhere new and start throwing your weight around, especially if don't have much. I don't give preferences away so it won't bother me. I stand and there fill out the whole ballot paper so no-ones getting mine that easy.

@Shamanistic - I'm getting a bit sick of the manipulation by murdoch and his subservient band of suck holes too. The way they use opinion polls to fuck with peoples heads shits me too. I don't hear anyone publicly proclaim support for abbott, business owners vote that way but he's offended almost every minority group there is so I can't see where the support is coming from.

I really see opinions polls as a form of mass hypnosis, morons see and hear that shit and change their minds as to which way they'll vote - either that or its just propaganda so people will accept a fixed election

Then on channel 10 last night we "coincidently" see a crimestoppers story on illegal firearms within days of liberal party TV ads saying they will crack down on firearms. It's nothing short of psychological conditioning that's fear based and murdoch is using the wave of fear to help sweep his liberal puppets to victory. I see the tail wagging the dog there.

i'll vote 1 whoever fixes my hot water. 6 days it's been out.

fair dinkum.

Short out the thermostat if that doesn't cause the water to heat it (if it does the problem is the thermostat) would most likely be the element which can be picked up cheap, make sure its power is isolated before disconnecting any electrical terminal and some systems need to be drained before changing the element.

nah the power company installed the smart meter wrong twice, so after a week and a half i have hot water again.

Clive claiming if has made enough money is total bullshit he is the most greedy money hungry wanker around. The last thing I read about him was him complaining about giving out 1 free game of golf for volunteers at the pga in coolum. These ppl volunteer for a couple of days and he won't even give them a game of golf that doesn't even cost him anything, what a jerk.

^ Yeah that was how he came off to me.

When I saw the DVD cover saying "WE'RE FAIR DINKUM" and then read the fine print on the back, I knew he was full of shit. To have it printed in China seems to me like a wholesale endorsement for the recent trend where all the jobs are going off shore. It's not the type of attitude that will benefit Australian workers and families.

I deliberately made the OP a rant full of expletives to make a point I'd hoped someone would pick up on - Clive gets easily offended and is known for his own expletive punctuated rants and insults. He could get Australia into some serious shit in this modern overly PC world.

Here's an example of the way he handled himself when he didn't get everything his way recently over a dispute with SINO iron back in 2010.

From The Age July 9 2013

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdM5SNxNSvw0ApcMPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByN2s4bDgzBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNARjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=13lc92qvo/EXP=1377019858/**http%3a//www.theage.com.au/business/china/get-back-to-china--clive-palmers-rant-20130709-2pn4t.html

Mining magnate Clive Palmer has allegedly abused executives of a Chinese company in an expletive-filled rant and told them to "pack up all your f---king gear and get back to China", a report says.

Mr Palmer, who is running for federal parliament, said in a 2010 recording he had enough of the executive from Sino Iron operator CITIC Pacific for allegedly continuing "not pay pay your way", The Australian reported.

"Tell your chairman to stick it up his arse," the Mineralogy owner allegedly said in the recording.

"I'm chairman of this f---king company, and I don't want to ring up little s---s like you because you won't pay your bloody, your bloody rates or pay your rent. I've had enough of you, so just pack up all your f---king gear and get back to China."

Advertisement

Mr Palmer reportedly did not deny making the comments, but said it was "completely untrue that I am in any way racist", the newspaper said.

A CITIC spokesman told the paper the firm's staff "always aim to communicate with external parties in a professional and respectful manner".

CITIC is currently in a legal dispute with Mr Palmer on the payment of iron ore royalities in the Pilbara region in Western Australia.

The firm's $US8 billion ($8.75 billion) Sino Iron project, China's single-largest foreign mining investment, has been hit by delays.

So I got a propaganda pamphlet today addressed to me in the mail from the LNP...I called them up and gave them a thorough ear-bashing because I never gave them my address or permission to send me any of their crap. I actually do this whenever I get unsolicited mail from people/companies I hate.

But yeah politicians are the worst kind of scum and I ceased really caring about politics a long time ago. I vote for the Greens whenever an election comes up, because they're the party I hate the least/agree with the most, and I think it's better to vote for them than to do the donkey vote or not vote at all...but that's about the extent of my care-factor. I don't trust any asshole who puts on a suit and tries to get elected, and I'm certainly not holding my breath for them to do some good in the world or make any positive differences.

Just remember how the liberal government basically flat out banned every plant known to have an active effect that came to there attention last time they were in power. Or how they completely neglected the mental health system to help ensure they had a budget surplus, then when the media caught on and started questioning the libs about why mental health services were so disgracefully under funded and unable to provide even basic services, the liberals just blamed it all on the new hydro super strain “skunk cannabis”.

So basically if any of you plant heads like the idea of being a scapegoat for right wing fascists, then go a head and vote liberal.

Personally though, I’ll be voting for the greens. Yeah, my vote will just end up going to labour and the greens are a bunch of idealistic yuppy day dreamers who care more about protecting some rare species of [insert word here], than they do about mass food shortages in some far away land. But goddamn, they’re far better than the alternatives and it also sends a message to the politicians that the people won’t stand for there rigged 2 party system anymore.

The whole mining tax fiasco annoys me. Australia only gets a small percentage of the net revenue from mining and Rudd just tried to get a fair slice.

We all saw the effects of a corrupt system in action after that -the Gillard installment, watered down mining tax and the mining conglomerates fighting back by deliberately contracting the economy so they could basically sabotage the economy and fuel the "debt crisis"and make the labor party look inept in the process.

Abbott and his band of puppets would have you believe the debt is because of mismanagement but the libs have busted their arses to create this situation with all the hurdles they put up to block the tax.

I'll never vote liberal, everything they stand for is geared to taking rights off people so big business can have their way. It was only 15 years ago that the Howard government trained soldiers to break up a union dispute. This incarnation of the Liberal party has many of the same ministers from the Howard cabinet that approved such drastic action.

looks like wikileaks party is disintigrating before our eyes.

shame really, would have been good to have an organisation like that in parliament.

wonder if it was an inside job.......

actually there's a fair few drug law reform parties on the ballot this year might be worth looking into.....

^^^Well, it is your right to waste your vote on a single policy party that has no chance I suppose.

A bit like pissing towards the wind really.

I heard tonight that the ALP actively supported the Americans' efforts to have Julian Assange extradited to the land of the free by canceling his passport and doing whatever the yanks asked, maybe that's his motivation for a preference deal with the lnp.

It's a shame to see wikileaks being torn apart, we need another player on the Australian political scene.

I decided to never vote for one of the "preferred" parties - preferred being a subliminal play on words meant to imply "you're stupid if you vote for anyone else" after I found out that both the ALP and the Liberal party both have slush funds where they take massive financial donations from the USA. These slush funds were channeled through the CIA coffers, but these days they've added a few layers of abstraction. This was common knowledge on the public record about 13 years ago but good luck finding anything about it now.

I watched E. Edward Griffin speak this live a few years ago

he said

Politics is like a Tennis Court... Sometimes the Left wins, Sometimes the right wins... but the ball never wins...

vote one pup - - clive palmer can run the country because he has "business experience"

my, what could go wrong?