The Corroboree
nothinghead

Animal intelligence

My bees can sense me i often go in to the hive and clean and take honey . But as soon as someone else comes up to

the hive they will get attacked . I do feed them in the winter as well and leave water in a bucket next to them. Plus clean the entry

of all the sticks and seed they bring in . But they get really aggressive towards other people and animals .But im worried as i have to change

queens soon and maybe the new one will be a bitch.

Ceres I had a ginger cat and he would do the exact same thing on the window never meowed just did this thing on the

window like he was rolling his paws really fast . It was so funny I span out when you said that .

• Like 2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_communication

the way cat's and other animal's develop speech is amazing . My parrot could whistle the tune to

a song we never knew but it was a cool tune. He also spoke a few words like hello,backyard, mum

and just random words that he must pick up . He would also get very depressed when left alone and

just call out words and whistle his tune and as soon as you would go see him he would have like a orgasm

When out of the cage he would steal stuff from around the house and put it in his cage. He would have

a spat with the cat and have big stand offs. But the cat would not hurt him but more just want to play with him.

Often i would hear him when in bed and i would whistle and he would whistle back the same . It was weird

he thought he was a human and the stuff he would take back to his cage ( we just left open) just amazed

me how he would sit in there and go over his booty .

Edited by Bigred
  • Like 4

Thanks for sharing your cool stories Bigred, i was starting to have a really shit day but thinking of a cheeky parrot stealing household objects and taking them back to his cage to admire them made me smile.

• Like 1

This thread made me remember my Uncles pet white cockatoo back in the 80's. White cockatoo's can live up to about 70 years old and my uncles had intelligence roughly equivalent to 5-10 year old human. I was at a small country bar with my Uncle & the cockatoo, there was a old booze hag that was very drunk & loud hanging around us & I can clearly remember his cockatoo leaning over to my ear and whispering "Geez, she's an annoying bitch, ay." Got to be the funniest thing I have even seen or heard coming from a bird :lol: I think the fact that the cocky whispered his comment shows immense intelligence.

Edited by Leaves
  • Like 4

My cocky barks like the dogs, sings, laughs and even says 'hello' in a different tone to each of the family that he see's - Dad's 'hello' is the funniest, the cocky in a deep grumbly voice says 'ullo col, erp, pfft!' Cos dad'll always say 'ello col' then burp and fart before going inside... and if he hears something drop and crash he'll shout 'F@@@@rK!' Amazing birds...

The most amazing thing I've seen him do is to drag a tennis ball inside his cage, pull the door closed, then repeatedly throw the ball at the front of the cage - driving the dogs WILD! Then he laughs, ha, ha ,ha ,ha sqeeeeel! - fantastic entertainment. :)

• Like 3

I believe Octopi fairly recently made the official list of animals requiring anaesthesia b4 operations etc., in the UK - in recognition of their intelligence.

• Like 1

When I was in the yard my cockatiel would imitate the telephone ringing. I would bolt upstairs to answer it only to be accosted by the little bugger who only wanted some attention. He was allowed free rein of the house and would fly into the kitchen where I kept an assortment of tins with lids of varying sizes to use in the shed as storage for stuff. He would spend hours playing with them, tapping them at random with his beak playing music and repeating combinations of notes. He had a repertoire of about six songs some of which would get in my head and I'd find myself humming them all day. Wonderful little guy who never ceased to amaze me.

• Like 3

that bird proved to me all animals have souls . he had a spirit and a love for all our family

• Like 1

I was huasca tripping last week and my cat kept unusually pushing his head against mine and stroking my face with his paw. He's never done that before. It's like he could SEE the inside. He seemed concerned.

• Like 2

I was huasca tripping last week and my cat kept unusually pushing his head against mine and stroking my face with his paw. He's never done that before. It's like he could SEE the inside. He seemed concerned.

my cat did the same thing , well similar had one to many oxy contin and my breathing was very shallow he kept waking me

also when i had a trip years ago. He kind of knew what was going on he was no stranger to drugs he has had a raging

cat nip habbit since he was a kitten . i wish i got the effect from cat nip as he did, maybe should try khat nip

• Like 1

I love watching my cat get high. I dont know whether i could call this is a reflection of her intelligence, but she always manages to track down the bag of valerian i have, no matter where i put it, and when she finds it she quickly grabs it in her mouth and runs away with it as fast as she can, as if she knows she's doing something naughty so she needs to be sneaky about it :P

• Like 3

My friends dog can sniff out some kinds of illness, its quite amazing.

I have personally seen him sniff out arthritis, infections and eczema etc but he has also found a friends breast cancer and my own melanoma.

He will come and lick it until you make him stop all the while looking at you with a very worried expression on his face,

We didnt didnt put 2 + 2 together until he kept licking a mutual friends left boob when she visited, needless to say it was a bit embarrasing for all involved except the dog and we kept trying to prevent it.

Normally a very good boy that lives to please but in this case he was ignoring his commands and seemed intent on letting us know something very important was going on. We had all heard about dogs that sniff cancer before so she went and had it checked.

To our amazement she had a tumor in the same spot on her boob and she had to have it cut out!

Knowing the way this particular lady avoids the doctor I think it could have been quite some time before the tumor was found otherwise.,...

• Like 3

DgfbU4E.gif

Bird using bait to catch fish.

• Like 8

I had a funny conversation with my mum this morning which reminded me of this thread, we were talking about cats whiskers and how they use them to gauge weather they will be able to fit through a small gap or not.

I wondered if fat cats have longer whiskers than skinny cats?

Any way, mum mentioned her horses have whiskers too, and wondered if they might use them for the same thing.

Then she said this, which I found pretty mind-blowing..

She said her horses use their whiskers to test if the electric fence is on or not. She has seen them approach the fence, carefully lower their face to it and then touch a whisker on to the fence line, which will tingle their whisker if a current is passing through.

She said she has even seen one horse pull the clip from the battery off the fence, by taking the wire in her mouth and yanking it off, disabling it!

My friends dog can sniff out some kinds of illness, its quite amazing.

I have personally seen him sniff out arthritis, infections and eczema etc but he has also found a friends breast cancer and my own melanoma.

He will come and lick it until you make him stop all the while looking at you with a very worried expression on his face,

We didnt didnt put 2 + 2 together until he kept licking a mutual friends left boob when she visited, needless to say it was a bit embarrasing for all involved except the dog and we kept trying to prevent it.

Normally a very good boy that lives to please but in this case he was ignoring his commands and seemed intent on letting us know something very important was going on. We had all heard about dogs that sniff cancer before so she went and had it checked.

To our amazement she had a tumor in the same spot on her boob and she had to have it cut out!

Knowing the way this particular lady avoids the doctor I think it could have been quite some time before the tumor was found otherwise.,...

After reading this I am beginning to think I may have testicular cancer

After reading this I am beginning to think I may have testicular cancer

Its not the same if you use peanut butter!

• Like 1