The Corroboree
toast

Experiemental Aizoaceae bioassays anyone?

Since yesterday Cheridopsis candidissima gives me the best effect out of all the mesembs, i'll write a report up tonight when I have time. Stinks terribly but has this amazing salty flavour also, could be used as a spice.

Since yesterday Cheridopsis candidissima gives me the best effect out of all the mesembs, i'll write a report up tonight when I have time. Stinks terribly but has this amazing salty flavour also, could be used as a spice.

I only know sceletium, but it too has this salty flavour, thank god somebody mentioned this detail.

my guess is, if it stinks, it's good!

I once made a batch of sceletium, and it smelled like cheese, does your have a bit a cheesy scent?

Not much action on this thread....

Anymore bioassays to report?

very interesting thread, hey keep them bioessay coming... For what it's worth I have been trying to transform some D.bossaranum I got into succulent obnzais, with moderate success.

• Like 1

Sorry Toast, stuff came up then the bush caught fire.

Whatever the Mesembryanthemum sp. 1.4g's was, it is the strongest by a decent margin, snuffing it was kind of nice, the smell & the feel. Was is real Kanna? It seemed stronger than any Kanna I have tried but it just might be that my body needed to learn the effects so to speak.

t+0:00 100mg of powdered Mesembryanthemum sp. snuffed, slight burn (feels nice),

t+0:10 clear head & increased energy levels (less effort to move & do strenuous work)

t+0:20 same effects just increase in strength, was thirsty 30mins ago now not thirsty.

t+0:45 peak of effects, pleasent tingling sensation on top/back of head.

t+1:30 can feel effect diminishing

t+2:00 most effects gone now but still come and go in waves.

t+2:30 back to baseline

I really like this Mesembryanthemum sp. & since I had so much I tried snuffing a bit with some powdered Nicotiana rustica & they go very well together in my experience. I noticed tolerance builds within a couple of days if constantly re-dosing.

Planthelper the Cheridopsis did smell like stinky foot cheese or something, very interesting.

The Cheridopsis candidissima came roughly chopped, 0.75g. I didn't smoke it because it was so salty, it just didn't seem right.

t+0.00 750mg Cheridopsis candidissima is placed in mouth with some Pinus sp. resin (so it would stick together & slowly release alkaloids around gums)

t+0.25 Can just start to detect a stimulating/clearing of the head effect

t+0.40 Feeling stimulated now with a slight raise in heart rate, feels like heart is pumping harder.

t+0.45 Very motivated now & a moderate euphoria comes & goes in waves.

t+1.00 Still feeling stimulated but the euphoria dropped off quick

t+1.25 Back to base line.

I really enjoyed the effects from the Cheridopsis but they were very short, some nice blends could be made with these different mesembs

Edited by Leaves
  • Like 3

Great reports leaves, thanks.

Interesting results.

Hope you weren't badly affected by the fires

All good with the fires, was just helping out. So about the stuff marked Mesembryanthemum sp. Was it just the ones you see everywhere at the nurseries, named Mesembryanthemum sp. (Pink/Orange/Red etc)? Any chance of a photo of the plant?

just add this, no noticeable effect from smoking 0.7g Glottiphyllum, 0.5g Faucaria tigrina, Aptenia cordifolia 1.5g. Barley perceptible effect from smoking 0.4g Rabiea difformis, but smoking Kanna doesn't seem to work for me either.

I should add that if I had over 150-200mg of the Mesembryanthemum sp it felt like I had too much, difficult focusing, nothing extreme but not comfortable. It did impress me enough that I have bought every single different Mesembryanthemum sp plant I can find & since roughly only 2.7g of fresh material should be needed to feel effects I am hoping it will not be hard to track down.

Edited by Leaves

Thanks for all the feedback leaves.

Only yourself & one other member have provided any reports to date :BANGHEAD2:

Here is photo of the Mesembryanthemum sp. the material was harvested from.

post-902-0-16462700-1386553617_thumb.jpg

DSCN1065 (Large).JPG

DSCN1065 (Large).JPG

• Like 1