The Corroboree
Slybacon

Mitragyna speciosa (Kratom) methods for ingestion

Quitting coffee??? Who would ever want to do such a thing!!! Lol... me actually, and I find it quite hard to quit coffee - so I doubt I'll be taking up a Kratom habit anytime soon - a little nibble maybe, but I'll save the hard core abuse for my current loved one... Dark Roast Arabica :wub: I've only tried Kratom once, and probably didn't have enough... so that's a good enough excuse to try it again - Great thread OP.

• Like 1

i will be encapsulating some tomorrow and seeing where that gets me.

maybe around .5g for starters then changing my dose from their.

im hoping .5 will give me the stim effects and larger doses the noddy effects.

Howd u go?

I've had the opportunity to use kratom off and on for several years, jumped in very early when the real stuff became generally available in the US. Regarding withdrawal I've found that it can actually be fairly unpleasant. Probably not as nasty as WD from more potent opioids, but it can still be bitch.

Mainly I had issues when I made the mistake of using it on a daily basis for extended periods. That is, more than one dose a day, for a couple of months. Yes, I was a bit of a lush.....combined with a friend in the import business who gave me heaps of the stuff for very cheap.

I don't make that mistake anymore. The flu-like symptoms, insomnia, headaches, craving, and so forth were really bothersome for about 7-10 days, but the more troublesome effect was the worse depression I've ever had in my life. This tended to last about 3 weeks. I went through this 3 times. Yes, I'm slow learner.

Now I have very strict rules regarding kratom usage. No one more than once a week, not more than one dose a day.

If you have gotten into a daily routine with it, a wean is suggested.

Edited by wophezuta
  • Like 3

Can confirm.

1 Teaspoon of extract in a cup of coffee taste really good, in fact, just like coffee. Will monitor the effects throughout the day. But anyone with extract can be sure that it taste great with coffee.

OK.

Kratom saved my life! I am really happy with the effects. If anyone wants my opinion please PM me.

Good for you SlyBacon!

not for human consumption,

Edited by shonman

A strong kava extract is nice and relaxing,

and ok to consume

Edited by shonman
  • Like 1

Full list of TCM herbs when detoxing from oxys:

Dang gui
black and red chinese dates
lotus seed
dang shen
gan cao (licorice)
ren shen
goji berries
rehmania root
fu ling
huang qi
ling zi extract reishi mushroom
ma huang
lotus stamen
he huan hua
brahmi extract pills
wu wei zi
corydalis
ziziphus seed.

Good source of info on kratom & its preparation is http://sagewisdom.org/kratomguide.html

• Like 2

Strange to have Ephedra in the mix when quitting opioids your brains epinephrine sky rockets. Chinese red date = ziziphus.

Interesting mixture, thanks for sharing toast :)

• Like 1

Has anyone got any experiences to report from the sab product? I'm pretty keen to try but don't wanna outlay 80 beans on something not worth it.

just got sum how much should i take??? 1 teaspoon??

Edited by bullit

ok i gave 1 teaspoon a go last nite around 6pm with bout 3 beers.. 30mins in was a lil dizzy with some anxiety followed by a lil buzz ! not tooo keen on tha upside of things sooo i smashed 4 more beers and a glass of wine.. back to normal now lol

i will try 2 teaspoons soon to go 4 the more sedative side of things :scratchhead:

Off topic but I have read numerous reports about Kratom causing liver damage in certain people. Some people seem certain these reports are myths or were caused by contaminates. Might be a good idea to be cautious until some clear evidence is presented. Here is one of the pages I read the info on http://www.thepoisonreview.com/2011/05/26/hepatotoxicity-from-abuse-of-kratom-first-reported-case/

It would not surprise me at all if the real cause was from consuming too much alcohol & panadol because the amount of booze & pharmaceuticals consumed in western countries is disgusting.

Also it would not surprise me if the reports are fabricated by big pharmaceutical companies due to Kratoms threat on the methadone/buprenorphine scheme that they profit from.

Edited by Leaves

Interesting to read that link - thanks for posting.

Must say that when this plant was completely legal in this country that I experienced a range of adverse reactions after consuming it. These reactions included substantially elevated and irregular heart beat and feeling of illness for up to 4 hours after consumption. This did not happen when I initially started consuming it - it took a bit of a while (probably about 4-6months) for these negative effects to commence. At the time I was frequently (for short periods daily) consuming 2-4 large fresh leaves from the red-veined variety - the green-veined variety did not cause these consequences, but I never did get many effects (either +ve or -ve) from this variety when compared to the red...

I understand that it is now possible to legally procure and consume in NSW, but I would not want to do so because of the negative effects that I experienced back in the day...

Just my 2c on the matter..

how old was the plant @ the point in time?

im suprised you got such strong effects from that amount!

I find kava stimulates me more then kratom, while kratom energized without any anxiety and relieved me of some RLS symptoms.

dosage was 1-2grams, repeated several times throughout the day, overall minimal effects for me, due to my current physiology.

I want to try the leaf a go and see if its more therapeutic for me,

is sab selling the plant, be good if they were for the people in NSW, very attractive plant.

be nice for a proper isolated extract to play with aswell.

Kratom in Aus??? Have i fallen through a porthole into a world of make believe? What have i missed?

not for consumption,

ask out all seeing all knowing overlords,

who we hear and obey at all times

Edited by shonman
  • Like 1

another thing...

I am the inventor of the kratom snuff powder, which willi (gomoas) promoted a lot at his forum,

without giving me ever credit...

I might say as well I never promoted or manufactured this material.

don't snort kratom powder obtained via a/b, as it causes your nostrils to clog up.

I don't know now the medical term now (brain went empty), but to overcome this issue, antihistamines are prescribed commonly.

so remember insufflation, of kratom powder obtained via a/b, is a big no, no.

Edited by planthelper

Seems to me to have a built-in Too Much protector that discourages overuse (many say Never Again). In smaller dose does great for clarity, focus, motivation... I shudder to think how that might be abused by a social agenda...

ok i tried 3 teaspoons this avo with a lil warm water and honey 4 taste <. .> 15 mins in feelin a lil speedy ,happi , chatty, and the heart rate was def up... then had my 1st bacco snuff, viking dark?? [ i dont smoke at all :bong: ] every 20 mins repeated three times !! huge headspin @ 1st with me body tingling all over lol followed by 2 v cans with triple vodkee shots in each......

still no nood effects with the kratom :scratchhead: