The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

What are your spiritual/religious views?

my dick :devil: i pray to it every nite!!

Edited by bullit

it would be hard to miss on your forehead I guess ;)

Edited by incognito
  • Like 3

wanna suk it pretty boy :crux:

Edited by bullit

i don't know that much about trantra yoga but there may be something in that.. penis as third eye?

Ask bullit he's the expert.

Come on guys dont degrade what could be a great thread . I think life is a spiritual journey and

we all evolve spiritually . The bible has no scientific merit it is a book of basically poetry. So many

take it to seriously and base a lot of science on the stories in there ( like the world is 7000 years old)

and many think the characters where real . Me for one does not believe in the 7 day creation theory

or genisis for that matter . But i believe in Jesus Christ and what he represented how he loved everyone

and how he mentored people into starting groups dedicated to helping others . The question mainstream

Christian religion's should be asking is what would jesus do WWJD , He was not about hierarchies he was

about equality sharing and most of all grace . I think if Jesus was here would they do business in a different matter

because they would have to answer to him. A lot of churches promote that to be a good christian is to donate money

But i believe its more than that. Its about your lifestyle and how you treat the world you live in.

• Like 1

I've always seen organised religion as a way to keep the masses under control and in fear.

When most religions were formed the average mug on the street couldn't read. The wheels fell off when people started learning to read on mass and anyone with an eye for detail could see "holy" books are full of contradictions and bullshit.

It did have its good points though.

I'd rather live in a neighborhood full of god fearing christians than a neighborhood full of amphetamine addicts.

I'd class myself as agnostic, that is I just don't know. I do believe in spirituality, just not the type endorsed by the book - where you have to blindly accept what is written by a seemingly delusional group of old men many hundreds of years ago.

Ask bullit he's the expert.

i was only having a joke :wink: sorry it yas r too serious! but yeah my dick gave me a wonderful fuken awesum family better than any bible i thinks anywho :devil: have a good day!!

• Like 4

To quote Doc House:

"Religion is not the opiate of the masses, religion is the placebo of the masses"

• Like 6

i was only having a joke :wink: sorry it yas r too serious! but yeah my dick gave me a wonderful fuken awesum family better than any bible i thinks anywho :devil: have a good day!!

Thats actually way lovelier than I thought at first glance :P

Nice setiment Bullit.

...so erm. Question for the collective sab-brain...

~Is it wrong to debate about the nature of reality and the potential for cross-cultural change with a stranger who is being overtly pessimistic?~

You are still presenting your view to someone else, as if it is worth listening to, and you are still allowing them to present their view, which you consider worth listening to ...

.... But, was I just having a powertrip and overstepping boundaries by saying anything at all?

Are you supposed to just keep your mouth shut and let everyone have their view?

I tried to remain as balanced as possible, and I stopped and seriously contemplated his responses, but because I engaged in discussion with someone who had an strongly negative viewpoint, I felt I naturally had to oppose him from a space of positive power.

The only reason I got involved in the discussion at all was I recognised the "its all fucked, we're all fucked" headspace,

because I have been there myself for most of my life, yet I evolved out of it, into a more open space, where I'm not saying "I know its going to be alright"

but instead "I'm going to do whatever is in my power to create the change I want to see, would you like to join me?"

• Like 3

I think life is a spiritual journey and we all evolve spiritually .

This is so true Big Red (sorry my quote button isn't working), but I would take it on step further. Life, existence itself in the material world, is our 'practice', our chance to sculpt and refine the soul. I always find solace in this notion when life gets tough; it is in our darkest hours that we grow the most.

• Like 2

Bogfrog you are a amazing humanbeing

:wub:

it is in our darkest hours that we grow the most.

Amen to that.

• Like 1

Too many words are needed to answer this easily but I fully believe in what is said in the book series "The Ringing Cedars of Russia" by Vladimir Megre. These books are good for followers/non-followers of any religion. My brain told me what is written in them is completely crazy but my heart told me otherwise :)

Conjoint creation and joy for all from its contemplation!

Edited by Leaves
  • Like 1

Bog: Aren't 'positive' and 'negative' just arbitrary definitions given to explain two different, but equally valid viewpoints - the 'negative' you're referring to is 'common' but not 'natural'. - Well, in my mind that's the way I look at it anyway. I've had this discussion with someone before - the only difference between negative and positive is which side of the fence you're currently standing on - and which side of the fence the masses are crowding around with the lynch rope.

Edit: This statement you made is a paradox "Are you supposed to just keep your mouth shut and let everyone have their view" - because if you're keeping your mouth shut, you're not allowing everyone to have their view, you're equally entitled to yours... :wink:

Edited by IndianDreaming
  • Like 1

Lol :) yeah you're right with the positive and negative thing. I try to stay balanced as often as possible myself, but I responded in a polemic manner becuase it seemed appropriate. I wasn't attacking, and neither was he, but perhaps I shouldnt have tried to bring him over to my side of the fence.

My most terrible habit is trying to help, and often I do so at my own detriment.

• Like 1

^ Nice choice of words... habits are a fickle thing, some positive, some negative ;)

• Like 1

Just the fact that you would refer to anyone with a disability as a "jellyfish" is beyond belief.

This is not just "anyone". This is someone who is compelling me to swallow the idea that the whole universe popped out of

a wormhole.

Modern physics is a totally empirical science. It has many good models of "what" happens but no good explanations for

"why" it happens.

There is no explanation for gravity, magnetism or electrostatics.

There is however an endless repeating of the "universe appeared out of nowhere" and the "heat death of the universe"

stories.

So if you have a group of people who are fundamentally ignorant on the basic precepts who claim to know everything

you have a quasi-religious canon suppressing alternative views. How different is this from the people that arrested Galileo for following the work of Copernicus.

Copernicus started out studying Canon Law.

Below is a list of people also well versed in Canon Law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_scientist-clerics

Edited by weedRampage

I see what you are saying Weed rampage... the first time I was just thinken, this d00d is stomed, O'brudda

but you should maybe clarify between modern physics and the way questions are approached vs.

actually seeking to find answers from all angles, maybe like in the past there wasn't as much info floating around

to confuse people with... in that respect, what you are saying makes sense... I know history is shrouded in myths, and while
some may have been very useful and important, its sorta still wrapped up in all the mainstream info

in a way that prevents those ever so important gems from rising to the surface in a way that would shift faces

but for christianity, there are 40,000+ demoninations, and frankly I say, get rid of that shit, based on its product

not on its content... take all the gems out, take mr james name of the fucking book and lets move forward or some shit

I'll be honest I don't know shit about canon law and im not a fully pledged illuminist or something

but I do believe what is being said, in esoteric circles, that there is a rational way to explain the mystical side of things

but bluntly speaking, there's too many ignorant people, who wish to believe or ignore that they are ignorant about

something they have so many opinions about... frankly ppl often choose the belief that is most comforting to them

and so I try not to judge everyone, and its easy for me because I came from that, and most of us came from

a culture which promotes that... My personality is more of a feeling type and I can't help but navigate through

life by my extra senses, but im aware of the illusion posed by the first 5.. sure is useful tho! :P

so ... if that made anyone feel like I called you dumb, sorry, everyone is ignorant to something.. for example, I am ignorant to blatant immaturity

I just thought it was younger ppl engaging in honest expression!!! shit I just had to address that

Exercise your shadow, or that mother fucker will exercise you ;)

laff

Edited by Spine Collector

Modern physics is a totally empirical science. It has many good models of "what" happens but no good explanations for

"why" it happens.

There is no explanation for gravity, magnetism or electrostatics.

It depends on how you define "why". There are very solid explanations all the things you mentioned, and they end up going to a very fundamental point. But there has to be a limit to any sort of explanation. When you keep on asking "why?", which is what physicists do, there is always a point you reach where you don't know the answer. If you find out the answer, you get another "why?". So it is seems logically impossible to have every answer, but it's a lot better to have some answers than no answers. This is what physics does, it provides some answers, and the number of these answers increases every time a new discovery is made, but it is never complete.

So if you have a group of people who are fundamentally ignorant on the basic precepts who claim to know everything

If you only respond to one thing, I'd like you to provide a quote and source of a physicist who claims to know everything.

...or are you talking about church leaders? :wink:

"If you only respond to one thing, I'd like you to provide a quote and source of a physicist who claims to know everything."

It is not the style of science academics to loudly proclaim that they know everything but to politely avoid discussing things

that would indicate that they know very little. "Real" physics academics are beyond a parody of themselves. Khaki shorts,

knee high beige socks, leather sandals and bad hairdos. There is a nerd universe out there and it consumes billions of dollars of government and industry money.

They even have their own prime time TV show.

God help us if this group of aggresively ignorant retards end up gaining political power.

It depends on how you define "why". There are very solid explanations all the things you mentioned, and they end up going to a very fundamental point. But there has to be a limit to any sort of explanation. When you keep on asking "why?", which is what physicists do, there is always a point you reach where you don't know the answer. If you find out the answer, you get another "why?". So it is seems logically impossible to have every answer, but it's a lot better to have some answers than no answers. This is what physics does, it provides some answers, and the number of these answers increases every time a new discovery is made, but it is never complete.

Call me simple but my mind works on a cause and effect basis. When someone hammers in a nail we see an easy to

understand chain of events. When a super conducting magnet pulls a hammer out of some ones hand from across

the room I cannot see any intervening hands or actors to make this happen. When the magnet can do this endlessly without any

expenditure of energy we have good cause to doubt every law of thermodynamics. This is not a bad thing. It is wonderfull

to be amazed by the world you live in. The best aspect of spirituality is an open acknowledgement of the limits of the human

mind. I have no problem with the fairy story that there is an entity, an all wise benefactor, that is capable of helping us. In my

experience lack of humility is a crippling trait that takes down many good people.

God help us if this group of aggresively ignorant retards end up gaining political power.

as opposed to the greedy homicidal psychopaths intent on destroying the world we have now?

yeah good point,