The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chemical Shaman

Definition of Poor

and um what does the dog g..oh, never mind

you're both dirty and perverted.

I like you wink.gif

My cat only eats cat biscuits, nothing else. I only buy Go-Cat or Whiskas for it, never mind the cheaper brands (since he wouldn't touch even the most expensive meat...I've even seen him peacefully look at a 20 cm lizard without making any attemp of catching it...I think my cat is enlightened or something...

On the matter of being poor: Definition for Australia: Try living on 300 to 350 bucks a week while at the same time supporting 1 to 3 kids...that's pretty poor...if there weren't some people who continuously helped me out I wouldn't know how to do it...probably...

I live off 300 a fortnight, with four house mates who have the emotional ages of about 7yrs, and one of them has a pit of debt that he occasionally reaches out of to tell me that he can't pay his share of the phone bill and he's really sorry but can I pay it for him and yes he knows that his girlfriend has been living with us for 8 wks rent free but thats not the point.

Pant

gasp.

Im' not bitter at all.

I took Johnnies 7k FHB grant and went and bought a mudbrick house on 0.5 acres out in the sticks.

Being poor in the country is a lot better than being poor in the city and I have a lot of experience with poor.

Even the Centrelink people are nice.

My $0.02 AUD (GST inc.)

Guest mandragora

I would choose the dog and feed it with the cat, I like dogs more than cats.

At least in the country the air and lifeforce is better. Also alot of people enjoy wealth but are poor in the sense their life is an artificial imitation of what life is meant to be. Also if you have nothing but know how to live off the earth, then you will be physically,mentally and spiritually richer than someone who can afford convenience. According to the world bank half the world lives on less than 2 dollars a day.It is disgusting considering the bountifull ammount of fertile earth they live by and use to thrive on.

At least in the country the air and lifeforce is better. Also alot of people enjoy wealth but are poor in the sense their life is an artificial imitation of what life is meant to be. Also if you have nothing but know how to live off the earth, then you will be physically,mentally and spiritually richer than someone who can afford convenience. According to the world bank half the world lives on less than 2 dollars a day.It is disgusting considering the bountifull ammount of fertile earth they live by and use to thrive on.

I would choose the dog and feed it with the cat, I like dogs more than cats.

I was going to say...the cat should be able to feed you and your dog (and I'm not suggesting you train it to cook wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 01 April 2002).]

I don't hate dogs, I've had one or two great companion dogs, had quite a few real idiot dogs, and it pisses me off that you can't go walking through the suburbs, innocently looking for the fruit of the earth, (mesq hears them singing in his sleep)and everywhere those stupid idiot dogs keep jumping and barking at you, frightening the living daylights out of you. Dogowners just assume that everybody who walking close to their house has to be a criminal, but I think the roads belong to everyone and those fucken dogs should go to hell.

My cat however, is excellent, the best cat I've ever had and even enlightened. I've never seen him catch or eat a bird.

I think people who are aothoritarian-minded love dogs because they are the perfect slaves. I prefer cats because they are freedom-loving and no force in the world can make them slaves.

Down with authoritarians and up with freedom fighters.

gomaos

("revelations destroy all nations")

[This message has been edited by gomaos (edited 01 April 2002).]

Guest reville
Originally posted by twee:

Being poor in the country is a lot better than being poor in the city and I have a lot of experience with poor.

(GST inc.)

I dont share that opinion.I personally couldnt imagine a worse situation than being rural poor.unless you owned your own house/land and had that form of security

I think it is far better to be part of the urban poor as the number of human interactions increase the potential for economic opportunity

Food is generally cheaper and services more accessible.

I refuse to move to the country without a good car and steady income. the prospects for bare survival always seems better in the city to me

try catching a fish or shooting a rabbit in the city, and in the country you have the room to grow your own everything, theres not much point to having more ppl to interact with when 99% of them will not give you the time of day let aloan help you out financialy. in the country if you can supply some one with a fish a rabbit they will repay in kind ie a bag of potatoes or whatever. i have to agree with twee i would much rather be poor in the country than in the city.

Originally posted by Veronica:

The power of the pussy!!!

...helplessly "bitch whipped"

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 01 April 2002).]