The Corroboree
gtarman

don't cha love it when...

A little contradictory, but I have to start with a don't cha hate it when:

DCHIW: a beautiful, incredible human being leaves this world for good.

But don't you love it when you get to see the monumentous impact that this one very strong, courageous person made on sooo many people. I never thought funerals could really be a celebration, but this was as close as I believe one could get. To see the ripples of learning and resiliency that this woman fostered in almost every life she touched was beautiful.

Inspiring in every way, she reminds me of the power we all have to be a positive, creative, empowering force in this world which can be so dark.

DCLIW when you meet a renowned teacher of a unique art form, and she has heard of you and is glad to take you under her wing and show you what she knows :wub:

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 3

DCLIW you think you're out of food and will have to wait till high tide to catch some fish, then you find a bag of bacon hidden in the freezer!

• Like 3

DYFLIW:

You decide to repot all your cacti because it's a beautiful day and you find that all your cuttings have struck roots and taken off! Even the two that were getting skinny and weird looking turned out to just be growing huge root systems.

(In other words, DYLIW when all your love and attention feels rewarded).

Edited by terracottacactus
  • Like 2

Don't cha love it when things don't seem so bad anymore after a rough patch or two. Things seem to be coming up Milhouse. And to top it all off I just did my laundry. Somehow everything feels a little more manageable when you know you have a plentiful supply of clean socks, like in some inexplicable way you're more prepared for whatever the world might throw at you.

• Like 2

Don't cha love it when fluctuations in awareness remind you of the illusion of concrete reality.

Sometimes I spontaneously begin seeing all these dancing points of white light, they each appear, weave and flow around the others, and then diffuse again. The first time it happened I was in a high school science class, and found myself intently staring at my wrists, watching the seamless, continual flow of blood through my veins. As I contemplated this blood which sustains my existence, all these dots of lights started to appear, in increasingly dense sprinklings, until there was nothing at all but my awareness and an endless expanse of white light. I was very far away from my body and from the classroom of bewildered students and teachers who had observed my disassociation. It was an awkward situation to return to :rolleyes:

When it happens now, as it just did, I find myself thinking that these points of light may not be an exception, but the rule, beyond what my mind projects and accepts to be so. Little points of reality, beyond the illusion.

• Like 1

dontcha love it when birds come and fly thru the water hose spray as you water your garden then land on your peach tree and just look at you like "that was cool dude" then do it over and over

Dontcha love it when your garden is full of bees

Dontcha just love watching all your plants grow and grow and get bigger and more leaves

dontcha just love picking your home grown passion fruits off the vine and munching away.

dontcha love it when your mulberries ripen :--)

dontcha love it when the little plants that arrived in the post pick up and burst out with new growth

• Like 4

Don't cha love it when you have homegrown chives to put on your scrambled eggs on rye toast. Seriously, chives rock my socks ^_^

Dcliw you remember the cricket is on the telly

DCLIW: revenge is ever so sweet!!

Ahh.. B) I have been having serious issues with the felines of the household taking advantage of my good will, with repeated morning pesterings.

For the last month every morning I have been awoken on average 5 or 6 times before 7am by demanding puss-cats who scratch or meow at my door for me to wake up and do their bidding.

This morning at 4.45am I was awoken by the scratch, scratch, scratch of the paws of a ginger-Tom against my door. I grabbed my drink bottle, got into position, then opened the door and sprayed him right in the face with a big jet of water! It was the most satisfying moment I have had in weeks!

For the first time in ages I got to sleep undisturbed for the remaining hours of the early morning.

DCLIW: the vege garden takes off and you have all the fresh greens your heart could desire

Also,

For some reason

I love this,

(although it requires some degree of acceptance of the Gregorian calendar) ...

Today is:

11/12/13

• Like 2

Don't cha love it when you forget how good chilli is, then you have a nice banh mi roll with some fresh slices of good, lip-smacking chilli. Then your mouth tingles, you sweat ever so slightly and the endorphins kick in :drool2:

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 2

Don't cha love it when you have a perfect nap, right in the sweet spot

• Like 1

DYLIW on a stinkin' hot day you crack a fresh bottle of your favorite drink from the fridge/ freezer and the little ice crystals form instantly at the top. But just enough so you can still skull it down hard. That's how you know you've timed it to perfection.

• Like 2

DYLIW A heap of friends that you thought you weren't gonna see for another year actually turn up after all and you get to hang out for a good couple of weeks. And when you're hanging out with them you're at your most relaxed and everything just seems more fun? Yeah.

• Like 1

Maybe a nobbie DYLIW.

You bury your new rooted cactus too deep and you check the soil limit and find three albino pups!

• Like 1

I prolly owe a few more to the cosmic swearjar that is this thread :lol:

DCLIW: You realize that despite all your problems you've actually come a really long way and grown as a person.

DCLIW: You walk past a spruce tree on a really hot day and the smell reminds you of where you grew up.

DCLIW: You keep reminding yourself how much of a good cook you are :P

• Like 1

Don't cha love it when you use your mad baller skills to ricochet something off the wall and into the bin from across the room

EDIT: twice! damn I'm good :P

Edited by gtarman

Don't cha love it when you realize the difference between loving something and hating something (or at least, between hating something and being indifferent) is just perspective, and that surprisingly often you can choose which one to go with.

DCLIW you didn't even realize how hungry you were until you make the perfect Sunday morning heart-stopper breakfast, at the appropriate time of 1pm.

3 rich herb and garlic sausages cooked in butter, 4 fluffy scrambled eggs on 2 pieces of rye toast garnished with fresh torn chives from the garden :drool2:

• Like 1

I feel like I'm taking up all the love for myself here...come on people :P

But DCLIW a girl puts on perfume in your room and then your room smells like gummi bears for 3 hours. Winning!

I feel like I'm taking up all the love for myself here...come on people :P

Okay okay I'm back.. But you do realise that you and I practically live in these threads Gman? :P

DCLIW you know things are awesome cause you keep finding yourself expressing outbursts of spontaneous happy-dance and happy-nonsense-song.

• Like 1

We could have a sitcom called the internet house of love and hate.

• Like 1

DCLIW You have a night of drinks and cut your alcohol just at the right time and start knocking back water and everyone gives you heaps of shit. But the next morning everyone wishes they had followed your lead haha

• Like 3