The Corroboree
tizocAu

New Members????

I have a friend I want to recommend that having trouble getting full access here his screen name is Bravesailor, I think hes been trying to get in for some time..... he also mentioned to me that he wanted to change his screen name to uncleg but that's a different matter, I think he should get his foot in the door then request his change for screen name......could anyone help out, he has my recommendation..i know him for some time now

tell him to be more patient, it say's it's validating, and I think, this can at times take 3 or more weeks, because it's done by a real person, as far as I know.

once approved, a member change the nick name once a year.

so no problems at all.

Edited by planthelper

A friend off mine had this problem and was not accepted after several weeks... I pm'ed torsten and he sorted it all out.

Looking at the members list it looks like no new memberships have been validated since April?

I have a friend in the same boat, didn't want to hassle Torsten but maybe it's time for a PM...

My better half has been waiting since May..

She just has to be involved in everything I do..

• Like 1

The approval system no longer functions automatically. ie I have to approve each member manually after manually checking that their IP is genuine and they are unlikely to be spammers. This is incredibly time consuming and to be honest I have not been able to keep up with it for a long time. We are due for a software update and I was hoping that this might fix the problem [the last one made it worse]. I'll try and get this done asap as I feel really bad about so many people waiting.

• Like 4

Ok, that explains why my bro cant get on.

Explanations are good.

Looks like the sign up process is so seriously fucked up that even IPB support doesn't know how to fix it, LOL.

I had the forum upgraded yesterday, but that did not fix the problem. So today they've been working on isolating the problem, but haven't gotten very far. All files have been reuploaded just to make sure it is not a problem with a faulty script.

Hang in there new members - we'll get this fixed soon. I won't let this go now until it is working again.

• Like 1

let me say for all of us, we appreciate your efforts, thank you, tort.

• Like 2

Haha, yeah I remember I waited a year to be approved :P But it was worth it!

• Like 1

I waited some time also. After I emailed the mods via contact us. The next day I was in.

Edited by noname

Just touched down. Big props to admins, massive job well done :wink:

I seen that avatar at a diff forum. I wonder.....

So have I... so I stole it! :devil:

• Like 2

only took me like 2 days to get in! thanks admin!

Really my friend brave soilder is still authenticating.

There is no one in the system by that name. Please read THIS thread for details. He may need to sign up again, however it won't take long as I am currently approving all sign ups from australian IPs within a few days.

also, don't use hotmail. it simply won't let the validation emails through. gmail is doing pretty well at the moment.

or could it be that you're a careless timewaster and his name is actually 'bravesailor'? in which case he was approved last week.

Welcome Responsible choice.

You were finally accepted, welcome my friend, hope you can meet some nice members up north.