The Corroboree
cactuscarl

essential oil questions

Hi all I'm about to order some essential oils and would like some info or to hear ppl thought or experiences.

I'm thinking of getting:- dill, parsley seed, cloves, galangal, lemon and black pepper. I was thinking of mixing the parsley, dill, lemon and black pepper together for relaxation and euphoria and the galangal, clove, lemon and black pepper as a possible hallucinagen

so a few questions, can anyone see any problems with these combinations? would I be able to just put it in gell caps and swallow them or would I need a carrier oil? Is there any other oils that would be more suited to what I want. What's everyone's favorite oils?

OILAHUASCA

Oilahuasca is a mix of psychedelic allylbenzene oils and enzyme inhibitors used to create a psychedelic experience. The allylbenzene oils themselves are often inactive, but when mixed with the proper enzyme inhibitors a psychedelic experience is possible. The word oilahuasca draws from the word ayahuasca which defines a mix of herbs in which DMT is made orally psychedelic by using enzyme inhibitors in much the same way as oilahuasca. The word oilahuasca was originally coined by 69Ron.

THE PSYCHEDELIC ALLYLBENZENES

The main key ingredients in oilahuasca are the psychedelic allylbenzenes myristicin, elemicin, safrole, and methyl chavicol. Others are possibly active but have not been tested. The corresponding propenylbenzenes like anethole, isoelemicin, etc., are probably not active, or very weak. Tests done using anethole did not find it active at doses which are active for methyl chavicol, it’s allylbenzene form.

Myristicin is mostly known as the main active in nutmeg oil, however it occurs in much greater quantities in Hungarian parsley seed oil. Myristicin produces a psychedelic effect that’s like a mix of MDMA and mescaline when properly activated. It’s quite speedy however. Myisticin is primarily inactivated by P450 enzymes CYP1A2 and CYP3A4. The P450 enzyme CYP2D6 might be critical to getting good effects from myristicin.

Elemicin is found in elemi oil, and nutmeg. This is more difficult to get working than myristicin. When activated properly, it produces effects like those of mescaline. When not activated properly it produces mild sedative effects like those of melatonin, which is not at all psychedelic. Elemicin is mostly inactivated by conversion to 1-hydroxy-elemicin. It’s unknown exactly which P450 enzymes do this, but it’s highly likely that CYP1A1, CYP1B1, CYP1A2, CYP2A6, CYP2C9, and CYP2E1 can all cause 1-hydroxy-elemicin to form. CYP2D6 might be needed for psychedelic activity.

Safrole is found mainly in sassafras oil but is also found in nutmeg in much smaller amounts, but enough to affect the nutmeg trip. When activated, this produces effects similar to MDMA. It’s not very visual; it’s more of an empathogen than a psychedelic. When not properly activated it produces a mild sedative effect that’s not psychedelic. The P450 enzymes CYP2A6, CYP2C9, and CYP2E1 primarily inactivate safrole by conversion to 1-hydroxy-safrole. CYP2D6 might be needed for psychedelic/empathogenic activity.

Methyl chavicol is found in sweet basil oil. When properly activated this produces an electric LSD-like psychedelic effect. It’s a great mood enhancer, aphrodisiac, and also produces some visual effects. When not properly activated this produces a sedative effect that’s almost like marijuana, but not at all psychedelic. The P450 enzymes CYP1A2 and CYP2A6 cause the inactive 1-hydroxy-methyl chavicol to form. It’s possible that CYP2D6 is needed for psychedelic activity.

While some of the oils are known to be inactivated by certain P450 enzymes, primarily by 1-hydroxylation, in many cases if the primarily P450 enzymes are inhibited, other P450 enzymes will take their place. This means that more than just the primary P450 enzymes should be inhibited.

Methyl chavicol and myristicin seem to be much easier to activate than elemicin or safrole. Often myristicin is active on it’s own.

Of the main oils, nutmeg oil is usually the most active on its own without taking other oilahuasca enzyme inhibitors. The reason for this is not entirely known however nutmeg oil does sometimes contain substantial amounts of its own P450 inhibitors. Also myristicin itself is often active without inhibitors.

Basil oil is the least active on it’s own, often producing no psychedelic effects at all, but is also the easiest to activate.

Sassafras oil sometimes works on it’s own in some people, but this is rare.

Elemi oil sometimes works on it’s own.

OILAHUASCA P450 ENZYME INHIBITORS

The psychedelic allylbenzene essential oils safrole, elemicin, methyl chavicol, and myristicin are all attacked by P450 enzymes, in many cases this renders these oils completely inactive. This is why some people cannot trip from nutmeg oil, elemi oil, basil oil, or sassafras oil. Of these three the most active taken on its own is usually nutmeg oil because it contains its own oilahuasca inhibitors in substantial amounts, while elemi oil, basil oil, and sassafras oil do not.

After extensive testing by AFOAF, he’s come up with an oil mix that does a great job as an oilahuasca pre-dose inhibitor for safrole, elemicin, methyl chavicol, and myristicin, which will also probably work for the majority of the other potentially psychedelic allybenzene oils.

He uses 1-3 drops of clove leaf essential oil, 3-6 drops of German chamomile essential oil, and 5-10 drops of cinnamon bark essential oil. This is taken 30-60 minutes before taking the psychedelic oils, and for good measure once again along with the psychedelic oils. It’s best to take these pre-dose oilahuasca inhibitors in a capsule. In some sensitive individuals cinnamon can irritate the mouth. For AFOAF, cinnamon doesn’t irritate his mouth, but even so, he takes these inhibitors in a capsule on an empty stomach, followed directly by a little food to help digest them.

Cinnamon bark oil takes care of CYP2A6 and CYP2E1 nicely, I don’t know if it can knock out CYP2C9. That’s where clove leaf comes in because it knocks out CYP2C9 very well along with CYP3A4, CYP1A1, and CYP1B1. Also German chamomile oil knocks out CYP1A2. By having CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, CYP2A6, CYP2C9, CYP2E1, and CYP3A4 inhibited while leaving CYP2D6 alone, you help ensure that these psychedelic oils are not inactivated orally.

The dosage needed for these inhibitors for each person is going to vary. Some people might need 2-3 times as much. It’s best to start on the low dosage end for these inhibitors and then up the dose a few drops at a time for each test until one finds their own specific dosage that works.

Failure to take enough inhibitors may cause the psychedelic oils to fail to elicit psychedelic effects.

OILAHUASCA ACTIVATION

Once the proper P450 ezymes are inhibited, it is still possible that the psychedelic oils will not work in some people.

There are at least two steps to the oilahuasca process. The first step is inhibiting the P450 enzymes that inactivate these oils. Getting these oils past the P450 enzymes is just half the problem. The next step is activation of these psychedelic oils by a currently unknown process within the human body. For some reason allylbenzenes can be activated, while propenylbenzenes do not seem to get activated, or require huge doses to become active. Why allylbenzenes work and propenylbenzenes dot not seem to work is a mystery. It’s been theorized that the allybenzenes can form amphetamines within the human body if they pass through the P450 enzymes unaltered. This has been found to occur in a few animal tests, but has been found not to occur in most animal tests. The other theory is that phenethylamines form. To this day however it’s unknown what activates these oils in humans. Fortunately it is fairly well known what makes them inactive however, and that’s certain P450 enzymes.

To help activate these oils once they get past the P450 enzymes, a few tricks have been posted on various forums. One method some use is excessive exercise. Another rarely reported method is to take these oils with amphetamine. Yet another reported method is to take the oils with phenethylamine. Another is to take them with phenylalanine. These are not well tested and may not work for all people. How they work is not known. For AFOAF, these are not required. His body is able to activate these oils 100% of the time just as long as the proper oilahuasca P450 enzyme inhibitors are used prior to taking the psychedelic oils.

It’s possible that phenethylamine and phenylalanine taken orally with the oils are broken down and metabolites of these are used by the body to synthesize phenethylamines from these psychedelic oils once they get past the P450 enzymes. This is debated however.

Another possibility is that these tricks serve to increase metabolism, which in turn increases oxygen levels, and this might play a role in their activation. Again, this is unknown.

If the second piece of this puzzle can be solved, it may be possible for these oils to work in all people. They currently do not work in all people, even with the proper P450 enzymes inhibited.

ENHANCERS

Coffee seems to always enhance and help activate these oils if taken 30-60 beforehand. How this works is unknown.

Cayenne pepper, at 800 mg in a capsule, boosts the effects of these oils if taken AFTER the oils are taken. How this works is unknown.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156755#ixzz2a0nydQk3

Source

• Like 5

I love orange oil, it should mix well with the spicy oils :D

Aniseed, clary sage and cedarwood are other faves. I haven't considered consuming them, i just use them in an oil burner, in carrier oil for massage or in a bath, but look into the clary sage in particular, its a sedating oil, which can cause the opposite effect in large amounts.

I'm unsure it it would be safe for consumption, but it would be first on my list for experimentation if i were you.

Have fun :)

Edited by bogfrog

That is some awsome info, cheers guys that's exactly what I wanted to know.

I looked into this a few months ago but kinda stopped after reading all the posts on the author being full of shit and supposedly just peddling his on oils for cash but I'd be super keen to here from some members here on their experiences, I'll be watching this space :)

i know members of this forum who have been successful to some extents tho so dont be turned off completely just yet... I have all the oils just havent began with this... it seems like a summer arvo thing to do...

• Like 1

I would really like to hear from ppl who have tried any of them even if you think he's full of shit.

That guy is not completely full of shit that cayenne pepper works it produces adrenaline and you can pre dose for lots of things with it. One of my mates dad was a nutritioust and body builder he used to use it for working out.

I've tried nutmeg essential oil once about 1ml in my coffee, didn't really get any effects except a bit of a different headspace. I read on one of 69rons posts that its best if mixed in german chamomile teas to get intense psychedellic effets but i have not tried since my first experiment with it in coffee although now you've sparked my interest again so i may just buy some tea and oil and give it a try :)

All this talk of ingesting essential oils does not sound very safe especially if you plan to do it more than once or twice a year. Myself I have tried Sassafras, nutmeg & elemi essential oil and they just don't have much effect worth the risk. I have tried raw sassafras root tea & boiled whole nutmeg's to extract the butter (which is very active but toxic also) and both of these are quite nice and won't give horrible burps and strange effects to your bowels.

Be safe.

I was under the impression from what i read that the essential oil of nutmeg was a lot less toxic than if you were to ingest whole nutmeg for similar purposes?

Maybe the oil is less toxic but I have never had any effects from the oil worth the risk. 50 grams of whole nutmeg crushed and boiled makes up about 5 strong dosages but the oil and the whole nutmeg is just too toxic to use regularly. If thinking of consuming research Terpien-4-ol, Pinene, Sabinene, Cineole, Camphene, Limonene, Myrsisticin, Alpha Terpenene as they are contained in the nuts. As little as 30grams of the whole nutmeg is enough to kill. When I was 16 a mate and I ate 50grams whole nutmeg washed down with cordial. After 3 hours we thought nothing was going to happen but after the 4 hour mark things got extreme. Red eyes/cotton mouth like nothing else. Extreme stupor/euphoria. Ducks and geese took on in-depth personalities. A stereo someone had blasting in a cow paddock while it was pouring rain was hilarious for hours. This went on for 3 days with about 4 different stages of effects, ending in coma like sleep. Without a doubt the most potent effect I have ever felt.

I should mention that also I have tried the German chamomile, cinnamon etc recommendations that ron69 made and I never felt any effects at all. I have tried multiple essential oil suppliers, my Mrs makes soap so she has litre bottles of many oils. Tried everything, nothing worked for me, just my experience. In hind sight I worry about the toxic effects that I felt from consuming essential oils. By toxic I mean I could feel the oils as a slight burn in my stomach, burps sometimes feel like they are corrosive, nausea, diarrhea, headache and just feeling like blood pressure is low or something. For these reasons I would advise caution be taken when thinking of consuming essential oils.

Edited by Leaves

Have a look here

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31633

I have tried 10 drops of lemon oil by cap & trandermally (with emu oil as carrier) and its certainly not a placebo. Transdermally gave a nice kind of euphoric feeling for a short while. I would recommend trying this first as it seems like a fairly pleasant oil to work with.

I tried elemi oil transdermally it was either 3 or 5 drops and felt a very mild psychedelic/stoned like feeling which lasted 6 hours or so.

Basil oil is meant to be a good one too, unfortunately I don't have any spare time to invstigate further at this stage.

Any recommendation as to which country the Lemon oil should come from? I have some from 5 different areas and if Fenris could give the origin of his Lemon oil then I will try the same one.

I tried that Basil oil but never got anything from it. Some peoples bodies must just break everything down to much before any effect is achieved.

edit - I just tried a mix of all my lemon oils trans-dermal, about 15ml, didn't notice anything much strong than 1/10 of what a cup of tea does.

Essential oils just must not be my cup of tea.

I'll go away now.

Edited by Leaves

My partner and I scraped 150 tangelos with a potato peeler and then squished the juice out. Both of us were dripping wet and covered in the oil from the skin of the tangelos and we felt really strong effects, I had to sit down, dizzy euphoric, kind of nice uplifting sensation but it was definitely active, we were both quite surprised because neither of us know strong lemon/orange etc oil could do that... not something I'd do again either though.