The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Happas

A nitrous oxide question

this has probably been asked a million times before,

but what brand of whippets can you get in australia (umm k-mart) and, how the hell do you use them?

Do you just squirt it into a baloon, is it obvious? i've never seen them so i have no idea...

is it legal? even inf its not i still would like this information for, ummm, curiosites sake

Guest ziebonka

The brand is 'i.s.i.' if you want the ones that don't have grease & shit in them and you have to ask for 'whipped cream chargers'. If you can't find a Nang machine to do them in I don't suggest you try cracking them into a baloon or plastic bag because even after alot of experience I would lose about 1/4 of the gas.By the way, does anybody know if a suspicious looking teenager went into a dive shop and attempted to purchase a small tank of nitrous(assuming dive shops do sell these?), would they sell it to him?

Guest Denis Shaw

what the hell would divers use nitrous for?? smile.gif

Nitrous chargers are getting increasingly harder to find. They used to be sitting on the shelves at safeway everyday for 4bucks a box which was mecka-decent. I couldn't find them for a long time but I eventually found a shitload of em at Franklins. The ones that safeway sold were the cheap austrian isi variety (pink box). The franklin ones were in a blue box but i cant remember the brand. Last time I went to franklins they said they didn't stock them anymore. If you can find a cambells cash & carry you can pick up the way-decent isi chargers in a white box. These are the cleanest chargers money can buy but they're a bit more expensive.

To get a cracker go to your local op shop and pick up a soda bottle with the screw-on fitting. Mine cost me like $4. Most you'll have to pay is $10 or so which is a hella lot cheaper than buying a new one. ALWAYS use balloons, it's just common sense and the most efficient possible way to go. It's also the safest. When that pressurised gas comes outta the charger it's mega-cold and you'll get frost bite on your mouth or what have you. Just release the gas into a balloon and inhale in and out of the balloon for a few breaths.

Nitrous goes freakishly well with pills and shrooms and what have you.

Im still trying to work out why someone would think a dive shop would carry nitrous.... smile.gif

-Chemical Shaman

"I make drug abuse look sexy"

Originally posted by Denis Shaw:

Im still trying to work out why someone would think a dive shop would carry nitrous.... smile.gif

-Chemical Shaman

"I make drug abuse look sexy"

Probably because nitrox is often used in dive tanks instead of air. nitrox & nitrous sound similar, but ofcourse have quite different uses and characteristics.

yeah nitrox is just a fancy name for nitrogen+oxygen, ie air but with different ratios.

On the other hand, at high enough pressure nitrogen itself becomes psychoactive. "Nitrogen narcosis" is reasonably common when breathing air below 30 metres. I have always wondered if it is related to nitrous oxide psychoactivity...

If you want a tank of nitrous, medical supply or petrolhead supply would be the place to start looking.

A year or 2 ago all the (whipped cream) bulbs seemed to disappear out of most coles and safeways. It was about the same time as some kids blew themselves up with CO2 (soda) bulbs, so it was probably to do with that but ya never know, I always felt like the checkout chicks knew what nitrous bulbs were being used for...

Guest Denis Shaw

I remember when Safeways took them off the shelf. They were clearing them out at $2 a box. I had grabbed 2 boxes and taken them to the counter. Then the checkout chick says "That'll be $4 thanks" and I saw on the screen that they were $2 a box. I said "Wait a minute" then ran to the shelves and grabbed every last box off the shelf. Then drove to 3 other Safeways and cleared out all the shelves. Then they stopped selling them frown.gif

It was so convenient too because im a 2 minute drive from a 24hr Safeways. When me and my friends would run out we'd mosey on down to the Safeays at like 3 in the morning and stock up again. Now the nearest place is like a half hour away and a lot more expensive.

If you want a tank of nitrous, medical supply or petrolhead supply would be the place to start looking.

Best to try and chase down medical grade nitrous. Automotive grade is just too much of a risk. You can get it from places like this but you'd have to look completely legit to get a tank I would imagine.

This nitrogen narcosis sounds interesting. My father used to do a bit of diving and im pretty sure he had some of those enriched air tanks floating around. It could explain a few things smile.gif

-Chemical Shaman

"The phrase that pays"

Guest ziebonka

I have no idea why a dive shop would sell tanks of nitrous it's just my freind said the dive shop down the road from him sold them as well as amyl nitrate(wdf?!!?). How may one go about purchasing medical grade nitrous?

Guest Denis Shaw

sweet jesus your friends full o' shit there full proper. Smack him upside the head for me.

It's not going to be an easy task to get a tank. I had to fuck a dental nurse (ok that was an easy task). She let me have a coupla go's but didn't want me to use the whole tank coz she didn't want her boss to find out.

Just roll a hospital at some early hour of the morning with a balaclava on. Remember it's the ultramarine colour, you don't wanna grab the wrong one. While you're in there grab me some morphine and some valium tabs.

cheers

-Chemical Shaman

"Got me something swollen gonna put in your colon"

[This message has been edited by Denis Shaw (edited 18 February 2002).]

I too drove around in a mad rush to pick up all the last remaining boxes on the shelves at discount prices.

After they went I racked my brains about where to get more. They obviously aren't being "phased out" because MANY restaurants and catering companies still rely on them.

With a bit of searching and some carefully placed emails I found a company that will wholesale, no questions asked, delivered to your door.

If you REALLY want NO2 this is a one of the easier ways to get it.

About a year ago AFOAF had a tank of nitrous at his birthday party. I think I'll ask someone if they know where he got it.

Another FOAF used to work at a restaurant type place and this allowed him to buy nitrous chargers in bulk.

I like stories about nitrous.

Guest Mesqualero

My Seven Eleven store sells them, they notice that young potheads come in at late hours and buy all of the cream bulbs they have... nobody asks questions and everybody is happy!

hooray for seven eleven!

AHA! just realised yesterday that the local Franklins has been taken over by IGA and they've got shitload of the boxes, ISI brand for like $5.50

Guest Denis Shaw

Holy batshit bat-homo!!

I likes them brands and i like thems prices. Im gonna have to go investigate.

A big happy homo birthday for friday to ya, ya giant queen.

peace out

-Chemical Shaman

"Bringing home the turkey if you're bringing home the bacon"

Guest saucer-like
Originally posted by rkundalini:

I always felt like the checkout chicks knew what nitrous bulbs were being used for...

About a month ago I was in Townsville and decided to make a "soda bomb" with my mate. But we couldn't find any bulbs at the supermarket so I asked at the service counter and the young girl asked if I meant cream bulbs because they had them there at the counter! She said they had to keep them there because kids were getting high on them. So I acted D,U,M, dum and asked her how? to which she started giggling and said "We just inhale the gas- don't we" looking at her other friend at the counter who laughed and nodded. I bet they got a BIG discount too. So I took the alternative and went for the No2.

A couple of years ago a friend nicked about ten packs of bulbs and started his way through. The next day he had red blotches all over his skin and went to the docter who knew what he'd been up to straight away. I dont know if it made him sick but maybe there's a dosage limit. smile.gif

Guest Nozzle Boy

Dude - it's N2O, just in case you wanted to knock off a chemical supply company, and were faced with the choice of two different gas bottles.

Guest Nozzle Boy

Dude - where's the signature ?

saucer-like : you sure he wasn't just rolling on something he was allergic too? or if his dog/cat/mother has fleas?

I've never heard or seen of anyone having any noticeable side effects from nitrous about from the passing out and or dying....but nothing to do with rashes or stuff. Apart from saucer-like, has anyone else had/heard of any experiences of people getting physical side effects from nitrous?

And how come it was phased out as an anesthetic? is there something wrong with it or is there just better gear out there?

-bumpy

Lo all smile.gif

im just curious as to what the difference between food grade med grade and auto grade is?

my local hardware shop - a big blue one wink.gif

sells big assed tanks of food grade, as well as all sizes in between, theres also med grade Oxygen and a bunch of welding gasses.

Lucky for me they just think I wanna make cars go fast and blow things up etc.

but I have been witing for a special occasion to grab a big tank - I was thinking maybe I should grab some of he oxy as well - but thats starting to sound technical... As far as I know you only pass out and die if you breathe nitrous with nothing else for too long, right?

my only experience with nitrous was in a highschool science class - I finished early and was going to sleep when I had this neat idea and asked the teacher if I could go play in the lab - he said no (he was a nice guy but knew me too well) and asked why I wanted to, So I explained (truthfully believe it or not) and he went and got the ingredients himself and sent me off to play in the fume cupoard biggrin.gif

now I know it was only a 30 second headspin, but its practically the only science class I remember from my last year at highschool!

later

FS

Originally posted by FragmentedSanity:

Lo all smile.gif

tom is cat

im just curious as to what the difference between food grade med grade and auto grade is?

I think we've covered this here before so it might pay to do a search. Basically food grade and med grade are fine for out of body purposes and communicating with "the other side", auto grade has harmful additives that you only want in your broom-brooms and not your lungs.

my local hardware shop - a big blue one wink.gif

sells big assed tanks of food grade,

Sweet jesus man, you have access to a tank!!?!what the hell are you doin posting when you could be passed out on the floor right now!

but I have been witing for a special occasion to grab a big tank -

Well mondays labour day, thats special enough GO GET THAT TANK.

As far as I know you only pass out and die if you breathe nitrous with nothing else for too long, right?

Well dude, you need oxygen. It's pretty straight forward, without oxygen you die/transcend. If/when I off-myself/transcend it's going to be with nitrous, i've already got it all planned out. I will have transcended physical reality well before my body even shuts down. The note im gonna leave in my pocket will read "Sorry mum, sorry dad, I know you don't understand right now but the universe has been telling me that im ready to join for sometime now and up until now the only thing that has been holding me back is this physical body, please don't look at this as death, im moving on yall, see you punks on the flipside. Your loving Son THE GOD OF FUCK"

But yeah without oxygen "death" is imminent, it's all in how you look at it. A lot of people have "died" with a pack of whippets and a plastic bag over their head. Im sure it happened for a reason, the plastic bag was like the bridge i suppose, i digress.

Get the tank, and then express it to me.

cheers

-Bill Clinton

"I did not have sexual relations on the astral plane under the influence of nitrous oxide with that woman"