The Corroboree
CorzahazarD

AE.net down?

Mornng everyone.

Hope you're all well, I was just wondering if anyone knows whats up with AE being down, was just about to follow up on a post and couldnt, thought it might have been our net connection yesterday.

thanks in advance.

Peace

Corzahazard

Nice to see people noticed. Due to considerable lack of use, i am seriously questioning its relevence.

I am curious to know whether people actually use it. I can see who visits, and while it has a lot of potentially useful information, is there any purpose beyond that?

At EGA's and meets it seems as though some people like the alternative, but others just dont see the point.

Given, ive been so consumed by my other activities i am left with little time to make major modifications to the site to improve functionality etc., but i guess i feel there is a lack of interest. Also many older members of the community dont contribute much on either forums it seems, and i wonder if it just got lost from all the facebooking, and social media blah

I guess it would be nice to keep it as an archive, in much the same vein as it would have been nice to have EA as an archive as well,

Anyway i welcome comments.

Edited by obtuse
  • Like 1

At least its not something on my end then, any idea whats happened?

I know exactly whats happened!

• Like 1

Due to considerable lack of use, i am seriously questioning its relevence.

I cant help but feel bad when i read the above as i haven't logged in in ages, but like you obtuse, there is just not enough time in my day to do it all.

It would be a shame to lose AE.

• Like 1

Don't lose it just yet we may have a use for it I'll pm laters

I haven't used for a yr or so, however I don't have a lot of time to log onto two separate forums. Ae was a bit of a bitch fest from memory no disrespect just a personal observation. I really dig the folks here, I mean if people want an alternative for jebus sakes make one and enjoy it! Saber for life aiii

• Like 1

I still check in Obtuse, but yeah its slow going

Edited by waterboy

I haven't been there for a while as well mainly because it was very quite and I was spending way to much time on forums.

I did go and look for a photo the other day and I had to log in to see the forum.

It would be a shame to see it go but if no one is using it then there isn't a lot of sense in keeping it up.

Sad................................ :(

Cheers

Got

To me it's like burning down the Library of Alexandria. History, books and stories that may never be found anywhere else..

Should be archived at the very least.

For those who remember Ethnobotany Australia (EA) and its erratic ending, for that reason alone, the least i will do is archive it.

But ....

I know it has the potential for new life.

Incognito brings up a point, in that for a while it was a bitch fest, and for me that is a sad memory of it. And i think that behaviour alienated a lot fo people, myself included.

I am tempted to archive the site as it, and do a reboot stating the site over again, i would like it to be more formally ethnobotany (well thats my dream), and mycology. I would like it to be able able to compliment SAB, rather than be an alternative. I know Will wouldnt agree, but the site needs to move on and move with the times

• Like 4

You where always the calm voice of reason there obtuse who put in ALOT of hard work. It will always be in good hands with you mate. You duly are a beautiful guy :)

• Like 3

Just began to log in again AE myself. Found it pretty quiet and not much going on. Did not have much to say myself though.

Don't give up the site as it is a great reference and can grow again.