The Corroboree
incognito

Psychedelics and urine testing

Would one be safe to enjoy mescaline, mushrooms and dmt in an imaginary world when one does monthly urine tests? LSD ? Just out of interest of course

Scheduled tests or random?

Definately worth proceeding with caution in this day and age.

Even if its perfectly safe now, you never know when the next new tek will roll in.

Dunno bout oz but in nz if you fail a test it stays with you for life.

Edited by bogfrog

DMT is metabolized extremely quickly to almost nothing (the pathways to metabolize serotonin do most of the work). Also from memory there are metabolites of DMT that are in trace quantities in some people's urine anyway. Probably on the order of hours from memory.

Mescaline (since it's such a huge quantity) will probably take a lot longer to reduce down to insignificant levels. Probably on the order of a few days for most significant tests.

Mushrooms probably in between both, so a few days and it will be undetectable. Again the structure is similar to serotonin, but I think the molecule is a lot more 'sticky' than the DMT molecule, and this increases the time to eliminate it.

I'll try and check at some point. :)

Are the trials known in advance? Are the tests the piss on the strip tests, or sent to the lab tests? Or both?

NOT MEDICAL ADVICE - JUST OPINION.

Lab

From what i've read in the past; 1 - 3 days max in urine, up to 3 months in your hair (like anything) and pretty sure they should all be out of the blood within 24 hours.. Mesc lasting the longest...

I know of people who have passed tests within a 24 hour window of eating shrooms (sent to the lab) ... instant piss tests usually don't look for anything other than cannabis, opiates and amphetamines, so your pretty much guaranteed to pass the piss ones.

Just my understanding anyways... Not recommending anything here.

Edited by fydesvindico

I would not recommend taste testing your own urine on psychedelics.

they can tell what festival goers take by analysing the urine collected

yes its testable, but are they testing for it

pretty much everything that leaves the body quickly, leaves behind metabolites that say yes i was here

As far as i know, most worksite drug tests only check for opiates, amphetamines and THC i think it is. Thats all a mate of mine used to get tested for anyway

Mescaline takes up to 48 hours to leave the body.but my mind it's terrible so don't quote me in that

I used to do the drug screenings for court orders and work places job applicants. My understanding was we sent it to the lab and they just did the test strips!

(Private pathology company so probably maximising their profit.) Anyhoo, the results I saw only included opiate amphetamines marijuana and.. umm.. thats pretty much it! If people were getting stage fright needing to wee in front of someone we sent them to the pub across the road for a few so they would be more relaxed - booze wasn't a problem either :P

That being said, mescaline would show up as an amphetamine wouldnt it? (dunno)

in any case its good to be careful.

I no longer have the handbook of tests that has all the info, but I know you can order the tests strips online so you could --edit-- get someone to take these things where it is legal and get them to test how long it takes to pee clear. --edit--

Edited by niggles

Looks like I may be bidding the dwug world farewell for the foreseeable future :( been short listed for second lot of interviews to be a trainee traindriver. Next interview on Friday, then if successful submit a wee test and start theory stuff. Tis not exactly the career I had in mind but pays near double what I'm getting for ALOT less hours week, as well as less stress and responsibility (from what the train folk sAy, they all consider themselves to be living the sweet life)

Shame my life has become all about the money, not how I intended it but I've got a dependant and people at risk of me not earning (parents guarentor on my property and won't let me leave this town until I've paid the 35 grand to free them from any legal obligation) and the only thing that keeps my heart beating is to make the move to tweed heads (where my child lives) which I could do as a train driver, buy a place there (fuk renting) and negative gear this place Ive bought here. So there that's about it I'm more talking to myself here lol

Don't mean I have to be a train driver forever Ive got qualifications in [Laughs]

"Aiyo, Man You Remember That Shit Eazy Did A While Back

Muthafuckaz Said Wasnt Gonna Work (That Crazy Shit)

Stupid Shit Man, Aiyo Eazy

Why Dont You Come Out From The Piano

And Bust This Crazy Shit"

Woke Up Quick, At About Noon

Jus' Thought That I Had To Be In Compton Soon

I Gotta Get Drunk Before The Day Begins

Before My Mother Starts Bitchin About Ma Friends

About To Go And Damn Near Went Blind

Young Niggaz At The Path Throwin Up Gang Signs

Ran In The House, And Grabbed Ma Clip

Wit The Mack 10 On The Side Of Ma Hip

Bailed Outside And Pointed Ma Weapon

Just As I Thought The Fools Kept

nearly ever profession u can think off (and half arsed at all of them lol) and there is ALOT more employment opportunitys up there than in my town of 650.

Anyways rant over that's the plan, just have to pull it off I'm giving myself two years to do it or I will be stuck in bumfukville forever.

I guess they will never be able to test for nangs, or can They?

Universe is frickin cruel if they can!

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

one of my best friends has become a train driver and get paid very good money for what he does

i can think of alot worse jobs, good luck man