The Corroboree
Yeti101

Participants needed for Research Survey - now closed

(edited)

Edited by Anodyne

just realsied that it might be a good idea to share on facebook too. i presume you want as many as possible?

• Like 1

Already done - we've got it as an event and it's been widely shared - thanks though.

Edit: still need more participants though.

Edited by Yeti101

*Bump :)

Done

• Like 1

Thanks!

So, this has been pretty widely shared on Facebook - about 1300 people invited. But we have only got about 140 people (mainly from here and FB) to complete the survey. If anyone has any ideas on where an how to get participants I'd like to hear them!

So, this has been pretty widely shared on Facebook - about 1300 people invited. But we have only got about 140 people (mainly from here and FB) to complete the survey. If anyone has any ideas on where an how to get participants I'd like to hear them!

If you're having trouble getting new participants and you need very many more than 140 (which I would think is not a bad number for this kind of survey anyhow -- how many are you hoping for?), then perhaps you could offer incentives for participation.

However, any changes to the survey might require new approval from an ethics committee or whatnot, and perhaps some thought should go into whether offering incentives could actually skew the results.

One interesting tactic I've seen before is to offer that all participants (that actually complete the survey) go into the running to win a prize (à la lottery), which might be a good idea if you can't afford incentives for each individual participant. This might also require a bit of thought as to how to award a prize if you intend to keep the survey completely anonymous, though.

Best of luck!

Edit: Very unlikely, yet nevertheless possible spoiler edited out...

Edited by antoncan
  • Like 1

Thanks Antoncan. Unfortunately many more participants are needed - power analysis and all that (I don't really understand stats, good thing I've stuck to philosophy :wink: )

A bit late now to do incentives, mainly for the reasons you outline. Thanks anyway.

Have you tried posting it in the EGA group on facebook? They are a friendly helpful bunch.

I will post it to my folk on facebook.. that might get you a few surveys.

• Like 1

I got a few more done by people through my facebook groups, if you like I can post it in the EGA group for you.

• Like 1

Awesome. Really want to see the results. I'll post it up on FB too see if I can draw a few more in.

EDIT: Did some weird shit on my version of Firefox so ran it in IE.

Edited by whitewind
  • Like 1

Thanks niggles & whitewind, we really appreciate the help. I only just joined the EGA group on FB this morning, so I don't know if it's too soon for me to be posting there - do you think people would mind?

Mate just go for it! theyre all friendly people and noone will notice or care how long you have been a member. Its a pretty supporty community so do it :)

• Like 1

Posted to the EGA FB page! Thanks guys :worship:

Edited by Yeti101

Bump (again, sorry). Only 100 people to go! If you have not done the survey http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35993&p=429217 please take the time to do so.

That said, I am pretty sure almost all regular members here have contributed already. Again, thank-you all so much for your help.

The researcher got to her target so the survey is now closed.

Again, thanks so much to those who did the survey and especially those who helped promote it. It means a lot that people here have helped out.

More information about the research and it's aims will be posted in the next week or so (once the initial stats are done), though obviously now you can stop worrying about spoilers.

• Like 4

The researcher got to her target

Sweet as, glad to know she got enough responses, good work.

Looking forward to seeing the results! B)