The Corroboree
Yeti101

Participants needed for Research Survey - now closed

Hi All,

My partner is doing her honours project in Psych this year and urgently needs lots of people (at least 250) to complete her online survey. See official ethics committee sanctioned blub and the link to the survey below:

Hello,

I am currently studying my honours year in psychology. As part of this I am undertaking research involving a survey which will take approximately 40 minutes. My research aims to gain an understanding of a visual stimuli's impact on our values and emotions. The only requirement for participation is that you are over 18 years of age. Your response to this survey is completely anonymous and cannot be traced back to you. When you enter the online survey, via the link provided below, an information sheet will provide you with further details. Please let me know if there are any issues with the link. I would like to say thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Alexandra Haschek

Other participants are reporting that it does not take 40 min. Please help out if you can by taking the survey. Your participation would be greatly appreciated. If there is an issue with the link please let me know, but it should work as intended.

Edit: Survey closed so I removed the link.

Edited by Yeti101
  • Like 2

Done. Are some of the images red-tinted, or was it staring at the background for so long that made them look that way?

• Like 1

edit, biased and may skew participants, sorry

Edited by C_T
  • Like 1

wow, those things are a head fuck, nowonder i try to avoid them, but was happy to participate for you yeti, look forward to seeing the results

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the help mans a lot.

The results won't be for a while, but I'm sure I can arrange something in due course.

yea i understand its a long slow road. just remind us when its available, cheers.

Awesome!

• Like 1

edit, biased and may skew participants, sorry

Maybe Yeti can let us know when its all done and we can discuss then.

• Like 1

I really couldn't be bothered reading through multiple lines of text these days, maybe you should have added a sexy picture to the OP to get my attention :wink: .

Just kidding.

But I was slightly peeved that the first line in the body of that quote wasn't indented properly.

I'll check out the link now.

Edited by SallyD
  • Like 1

done

• Like 1

Alex says thankyou!

Thanks again to all the participants so far. :worship:

I'm going to be a real pain and bump this thread pretty regularly for the next few weeks :innocent_n: . If you have not done the survey, please take the time to do so.

Done. Sounds like interesting research, I'm also keen to hear the results when it's done.

• Like 1

done.

• Like 1

Done,

• Like 1

You guys are awesome!

To cut a long (and un-tellable at present) story short, the participation of people from this forum has been extremely helpful and really means a lot to me (and Alex).

The survey is still open, so if anyone else wants to take it, that would be great.

Done yesterday or the day before :) Hope you get the numbers you need

• Like 1

edit: contained traces of spoilers :)

Edited by Anodyne
  • Like 2

At this stage all I can say is that there are no right or wrong answers and that the study will make sense in due course.

Also, don't post any spoilers about what was in the survey or what you think it might be measuring in this thread as it could skew the responses of subsequent participants. If you have any questions or concerns or feedback you should either PM me or email the researcher.