The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Statakak

Cube Problem

Hi Guys

I haven't had much to do with shrooms, they don't grow very prolificly up here, I think the dry seson is too dry and the wet seson too short. Some can be found on occasion, but they are quite rare.

A guy I met tryed to grow some with brown rice flower and vermiculite.

He said the caps stayed stunted and wouldn't develop.

Dont know what he did wrong.

Edited by Statakak

for the stunted caps, possibly not enough air exchange? i dont do myco but have read a fair bit about it and this rings a bell... somebody should chime in with a good answer eventually

• Like 1

Ok, so he must have had them all closed up. The fool! :)

air exchange is likely the problem even when using a shotgun terrarium its good to fan it out atleast once or twice a day

also be sure to keep the humidity up not enough moisture can also cause stunted growth so also make sure you give your terrarium a good misting once or twice a day

its usually good to give it a good misting then fan it out with the terrarium lid so that the water doesnt sit on the fruits as it can cause them to abort

especially in the pinning stage

• Like 3

u live north qland ?? they should grow fuken everywhere all summer and sum of the winter ??

Yeah I believe he had them in a plastic box to keep the humidity in and misted once a day.

So the air transfer definatly sounds like the issue. Thanks for clearing that up. It seemed like a weird little problem, I'll let him know if I run into him again. :)

u live north qland ?? they should grow fuken everywhere all summer and sum of the winter ??

They are arround but but very rare. Usaly the od one by its self. Might be too warm when its wet, the rain is heavy then it's sunny and steemy hot humidity, not that nice drizzeling rain with nice misty cool rain inbetween that mushrooms seem to like. But some of the higher country in the north have those nice cool drizzily days, not so much here on the coast though.

ok?? i live on the sunnycoast last 4 summers its been rainin like a bitch [flooding] fuken supa hot and the humidity is screaming :devil:

gold tops on gold tops [ everywhere ] :scratchhead:

Edited by bullit

Cool :lol:

but it's fully not like that up here!

Qld/NSW border area is renowned for its huge wild gold tops. I don't really know why there's not much up here. There are plenty of cow paddocks and shit everywhere but fuckall mushies. The few that do exist are under shady trees that's why I thought the sun might be too harsh or something :unsure:. Not sure why really, but there's almost none :(

Have you ever thought of giving nature a helping hand .Say if one wanted to grow a field of oyster mushrooms

on logs one would use left over grow substrate or spawn for that matter and inoculate odd stumps logs etc.

I am no mycologist but i think you could apply the same tek to cubes. try growing edibles they are great fun.

Plus you learn so much about mycology .

• Like 1

Statakak I personally know that there is a massive supply of both cubes and pan cyan up where you are. PM if you need some tips, but generally up around Cairns area look for low lying paddocks with short dark green grass. Often near the tree line along the edge of streams.

Edited by Leaves

Cool :lol:

but it's fully not like that up here!

Qld/NSW border area is renowned for its huge wild gold tops. I don't really know why there's not much up here. There are plenty of cow paddocks and shit everywhere but fuckall mushies. The few that do exist are under shady trees that's why I thought the sun might be too harsh or something :unsure:. Not sure why really, but there's almost none :(

Nah its the same down here maryborough through to bundaberg i was thinking perhaps the chems from all the agriculture, they get seedling to fruit tomatoes zucchini etc in 6 weeks its like the plants arent there one day and next day where the fuck did theyncome from, but no mushies of interest...

Nah its the same down here maryborough through to bundaberg i was thinking perhaps the chems from all the agriculture, they get seedling to fruit tomatoes zucchini etc in 6 weeks its like the plants arent there one day and next day where the fuck did theyncome from, but no mushies of interest...

dude serious i live in the widebay bundaberg area and i shit you not as soon as it starts raining during summer there are a fuck load of the bastards popping up everywhere. Have a good look man chances are if theres cows theres cubes :shroomer:

on a similar note who's keen for the cube season to start? i know i am and im planning a trek to the my local cube hotspot this weekend to see if we're going to have an early season this year :) fingers crossed

• Like 1

yea another north qlder here and I can say the mushies are definitely in no short supply, this time of year its too dry n cold ofc but as soon as the summer rains start get out in them paddocks till you hit the one day in the season that you can't walk a meter without stepping on a bunch of meanies or a gold top

• Like 1