The Corroboree
Thelema

19 synthetic "drugs" to be banned nationally for 120 days

Federal government's order to ban the national supply and sale of 19 synthetic drugs that closely resemble illegal substances for 120 days. In effect from 19/06/2103

White Revolver

Ash Inferno

Kyote

K2

Black Widow

Iceblaze

Montana Madness

Iblaze

Galaxy Ultra Nova

Skunk

Kronic

Vortex Inferno

Herbal Incense

Buddha Express Black Label

Iblaze Tropic Thunder

Sharman

Slappa

King Karma

Circus Deluxe

Last weekend Home Affairs Minister Jason Clare announced Australia would soon develop legislation to ban all synthetic drugs.

A media release announced the ''onus of proof'' would be reversed, until authorities clear them as safe and legal.

Hmmm...these are "products" not "drugs" for a start...and as for legislation banning ALL synthetic drugs! LOL. I assume they don't mean paracetamol!

• Like 3

The other thing is those are all brand names - wouldnt changing the names make them 'legal' again? and id love to see them try and ban all synthetic drugs - the caffeine in redbull probably isnt naturally sourced. On the plus side that would mean artificial sweeteners, flavours and colours will be banned too - they are artificial (ie synthetic), and they are chemicals (ie drugs) after all...

its all fuken crap anywho fuk it off!!

• Like 2

good move i think. banning most big pharmacy drugs and this new analouge rubbish while lifting ban's on ALL PLANTS will have a great effect on the health of all people. i assume this will occur as i have stated because i know that those in power DO care about your health, and mine. more than their own profits.

Hmmm...these are "products" not "drugs" for a start

Yeah, when I saw that list this was the first thing I thought as well.

I don't get it. What are they banning? Names? Do they even know what is inside those brand name products?

Does that mean that whatever the active is in those products, is in fact not banned?

So, for instance, "Galaxy Ultra Nova" can become "Cosmic Super Explosion" and continue selling with the same shit inside?

My understanding is that these bans are under consumer laws hence the banning of brands and that only consumer laws allow such knee jerk regulation.

According to the paper I've seen the ban is for sixty days.

The legislation names 19 brand names, and also specifially names a number of synthetic noids and three synthetics and also names a number of chemical classes, all followed by "except when separately specified in other schedules of the Poisons Standard" (I'd like to know what the hell this means, the legislation may well still be unintendedly overly broad) and may also include has some ,vague terms.

• Like 1

The ban is for 60 days, but can be extended by 2 x 30 days. This is just an interim measure to give the states and feds time to catch up with drug law. I suspect this is when the federal 'model schedules' will appear.

• Like 1