The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

botanika

Australia the anal country...

I've been offered a salary but I know ill earn much less per week. Once ur on salary they have the chain around your neck. I don't know how much longer I can keep pushing it off though. Funny hung is they present it as some prize to be won- fuk that I like my O.T. The bonus carrot would make me be an ass to the guys under me I.e minimising their o.t and pushing them harder. Time to start acting dumber and fucking some shit up which won't be to hard for me haha can't complain I'm on a good wicket.

I think even the term 'nanny' state doesn't do nearly enough justice describing it. No, this is more like a buffalo bill type scenario, "it puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again" But its only a matter of time till people are pushed too far and it all comes apart imo :)

But its only a matter of time till people are pushed too far and it all comes apart imo :)

thanks for bumping this thread , that was one of the best reads I've ever had !

good to know its not just the uk that's an arsehole

and that movie was also probably the best I ever saw 

i totes feel you guys , espesh whitewind 

and by the way , this is what our immigration officers are like in uk , they're probably only one step from passport control 

I think its important to be grateful for what we have, some places are much worse off... you don't have to live there to recognise this. Why do you think we have refugees coming here? It's because a lot of them are looking for a better way of life than what they currently have, some are even risking their lives trying to get here. Every country has do's and don'ts and some of them carry harsher more ridiculous penalties, we might be getting the nanny treatment, but its better and far gentler than the treatment other governments offer their citizens. Australia is far from perfect, however in the global community it is imo like an oasis in a dry desert.

no mate its cuz we blew their homes to shit and lied thru our teeth about it to the point cunts actually believe that shit

might wanna check your back for their invisible knives hey?

For what it's worth, here's my 2 bob....

We could say it's all about national security and public safety. Create and maintain a dynamic climate of fear and confusion.

The flow of money in a (muti-national company sponsored government)-run country defies gravity.

Compulsory education = indoctrination.

The average person's ability to really see what is happening is hindered by the tactic of giving them just enough to make them believe they have more to lose than gain from change. Distract, redirect, create problems (blaming other parties) then supply the solution, marginilize select minorities, perpetuate secrecy to keep the public ignorant, emotional and infantile.

This could be describing any country, but this is not the Australia I see and love. This country is beautiful. The majority of peeps are beautiful. We are definitely much better off than countries bathed in suffering, albeit because we are aligned with other wealthy states which co-create this suffering. We have so many things to celebrate and be grateful for, so many reasons not to complain about our lot.

But that doesn't justify what the rule-makers are doing, nor does it demonize the actions of those who genuinely believe the rhetoric, those like the customs official who do not question what they're taught. Folk who are used by the governments to enforce their paradigms are as much the victim as those who suffer because of said paradigms.

Is it possible this thread has highlighted what is wrong with our perception of our place in the world, a percpetion not confined to Australia? Perhaps it's not about what is wrong with Australia or any country, but our concept that we are separate people, in separate countries, with imagined borders and decietfully created differences. Our materialistic, capitalistic, consumerist culture poisons our environment, generates disparity and negativity and criminalizes our right to our own consciousness. It lays claim to ownership of those things which cannot be owned and, in the process, encourages our spiritual disconnection to the same.

Perhaps it ain't Australia (or China, or America or any other country) which is anal, 'tis the culture of those who aspire to control and our inability to discern the difference.

As Terrence said,
“Culture is not your friend. Culture is for other peoples’ convenience and the convenience of various institutions, churches, companies, tax collection schemes, what have you. It is not your friend. It insults you. It disempowers you. It uses and abuses you. None of us are well-treated by culture.” 

The more I try to learn, the more I realize how little I know. This leads me to think, when it comes to realization, it's not that we have so much to learn, it's that we have so much to unlearn.

Peace and Love. G.